Two Brookville teens killed in I-80 crash

Full story: The Derrick 17
Cody Reed and Jessica Wiser were ejected during two-car accident early Saturday. Full Story
Steph

Bellefonte, PA

#1 Oct 29, 2006
Jessica was an awesome person. She was kind, loving and full of energy. If I could have done one thing befor she died I would have told her how much she ment to me and our family. I love you Jessica.
Megan

Edinboro, PA

#2 Jan 2, 2008
I moved away before this happened, but i remember jessica was an AMAZING person. she was so smart and nice, she was one of the LAST people on earth for this to deserve to have happened to her. i miss her dearly
Amanda

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2008
There isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about jessica. I miss her so much. she was a wonderful person and i wish i could tell her that.
Ali

Sebring, FL

#4 Mar 24, 2008
Jessica was one of my best friends....ours families have been close for a long time and i will never forget the day i heard the news...i cried for hours...i miss her deeply...there is not a day that goes by when i dont think about her...
Mother

Brookville, PA

#5 Sep 8, 2010
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I am her mother. She was with an evil person, who took our daughter away. As you read these you can see the last posting was in 2008, and it is 2010 now. No one will probably read this, because for you it's over. For my husband and I and her brothers Anthony and Nickalus, and her sister Jenna..it goes on. I live the nightmare every night of my life. It haunts me and haunts me. No one can understand unless you live the nightmare. I miss Jessie. We know her friends, some wanted to cling on to part of a horrible accident that should never have happened. No one knows what torture my family goes through. The murder that took my child was way over the legal limit from drinking. Both boys testified that this kid drank at his home from alcohol provided by his very own parents. These people walk around the world like it was their own daughter. They're son murdered our daughter. They knew her for 12 months. 12 months of hell their son put our daughter through then he killed her. We have every police report, everything his parents wrote, everything. We made our daughter accountable for her actions once she got involved with this scum bag. Now he took her and killed her, and we suffer. We find it strange that he was never accountable for anything his entire life, but he lost his when he killed our daughter. Our daughter had zero drugs and zero alcohol in her system. So if anyone does ever read this, know that we suffer, but we have to act like all is fine. It has been almost 50 months since he killed her. Some of you may think, you need to move on, let me say...does 50 bucks seem like that much to you. 50 months is the same to us
Jackie G

Lexington, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2010
I don't know you or recall hearing of this accident, I live in Clarion County. But as a mother it broke my heart to read your post. May God Bless you and I hope he gives you comfort.
Lainey

Beaver Falls, PA

#7 Oct 11, 2010
Jen, I often pray for your family and everyone who suffers from this loss. Please know that not everyone has forgotten and my heart goes out to your family for what you have to go through on a daily basis. It all seems so unfair.
Dustin

Saint Marys, PA

#8 Aug 20, 2011
I loved Cody and Jess very much and still miss them, I am tired of people still bad mouthing what THEY did and what happened. I don't understand how some people can be so mean. I understand the loss and understand the heartache,but there were choices made by BOTH of them that changed the course of their lives. Cody was a good person no matter what certain people say. He was a teenager caught up in living life to what he thought was the fullest. Jessica was the same she was enjoying life just like most teenagers do these days. I don't sat blame anybody but you can't blame one person and not the other. Jess and Cody I'm sorry that people that were close to you act the way they have. NOONE should judge your actions but yourself. People that judge are ignorant and have had a life of simplicity and arrigance! I miss and Love both of you that will never be enough to bring either of you back, but I want people to remember and cherish BOTH of you for being true friends, family, And committed lovers. Rest In Peace my missed friends.
Mother

Flemingsburg, KY

#9 Aug 26, 2011
A good person. Do you have a clue what your talking about. He put our family thru a living nitemare that continues to this day. Most teenagers this, most teenagers that. Are you for real? You didnt know our daughter. When did she win her first art contest? What college was she planning to attend? Who were her favorite aunts? What was the one thing she loved the most to cook? What is her favorite book?

What a sick mind you must have to post "committed lovers" "friends"
This kid came into our lives and murdered our daughter. We have each and every piece of paper on this event, plus all of the other police reports on him. He was TROUBLE, period. How dare you even make a statement, when you do not know the facts. Did you know he was drunk, and how much over the legal limit he was? Did you know that he just started his probation for being arrested in February? Wait did you know that he was expelled from the school in January? Our precious daughter was trusting to fault, and she trusted him, she probably had no clue he was drunk since that was his way of life. Did you know the other kids were not drunk. Jessie has "0", the passenger in the car had "0" and the driver has 1 beer, which in the blood work paper we have is exactly that and both these young men stated that at the scene, and the very next morning. So as you say teenagers, there were four together, and only "1", just "1" was the way he was. She met him in July 2005, and he murdered her in July 2006. She knew him a year. Get it one year. Does that justify murder. Of course this wonderful sole that you seem to feel so much for,has caused those around them so much pain, and it continues.

We can only pray that you do not have a daughter someday that gives you joy from birth until 18 years of age, and she encounters the same type of person, and after one year he takes her life thru his wrecklessnes.

The heartache that people bring to us is just unbelievable. If one of our children were driving a vehicle drunk, and a girl is sitting there doing nothing, and then killed by his wrecklessness, and somone as having no clue makes a statement lovers. We pray that you would never ever ever have to live this nitemare. Keep your comments to yourself unless you were the Judge in court, or are you one of the state policemen that came to our house?
Dustin wrote:
I loved Cody and Jess very much and still miss them, I am tired of people still bad mouthing what THEY did and what happened. I don't understand how some people can be so mean. I understand the loss and understand the heartache,but there were choices made by BOTH of them that changed the course of their lives. Cody was a good person no matter what certain people say. He was a teenager caught up in living life to what he thought was the fullest. Jessica was the same she was enjoying life just like most teenagers do these days. I don't sat blame anybody but you can't blame one person and not the other. Jess and Cody I'm sorry that people that were close to you act the way they have. NOONE should judge your actions but yourself. People that judge are ignorant and have had a life of simplicity and arrigance! I miss and Love both of you that will never be enough to bring either of you back, but I want people to remember and cherish BOTH of you for being true friends, family, And committed lovers. Rest In Peace my missed friends.
kitty

Du Bois, PA

#10 Jul 17, 2012
Honestly you dont know how cody really was my daughter would be lucky to find a man like cody and i relly hope she does. You dont understand what he was going through so before you know the whole s facts dont judge anyone. I know what happened and I understand why ur upset but they loved each other and yes she did know he had 1 drink. Jess and Cody had a wonderful relationship they are a wonderful couple and are happy together. you might be her mom but believe me she hid stuff from you that you will never know because we are her true riends and we love them both and you really need to give Cody a brake he made a mistake he isnt a murder he didnt kill her she wanted to go with him and yes I agree they are commited lovers.
Angel

Southfield, MI

#11 Aug 22, 2012
Cody & Jessica we're definitely committed lovers. Obviously when she chose to spend all her time with Cody. Cody was an amazing person and not only my friend but my HERO! You can say what you want Jen but I can guarantee Jessica would not be proud or agree with you on the things you are saying about Cody. Just not your disrespecting her when you talk bad about him. He didn't murder her and you know as well as everyone else. Why don't you just let them R.I.P & quit using their passing as a attention grabber for you. I love you Cody & Jessica may you RIP<3
Joe

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Your are a dirtbag lady. He's dead just the same as her and you call it murder? Do you have down syndrome?

P.S. jenna and Jessica didn't even like you.
Dee

Saint Marys, PA

#13 Oct 25, 2012
It is sad that there is so much anger still inside of you, Jen. There is no pain like the pain experienced through the loss of a child - whether the child is an infant or a teenager. Or even an adult. Putting all the blame on one person - who also lost his life and has grieving parents - is very shallow. I am truly sorry for your pain but you should look around at who else is suffering. Maybe try to lend some support to another parent who lost a child. How do you think Connor Gerg's parents are dealing with his death? Perhaps by lending support to another parent you can begin to heal. I am not saying that you should ever EVER forget the beautiful daughter that Jess was. But the excruciating pain you are feeling inside is apparent and you will never begin to heal until you learn some type of forgiveness. Cody did not set out that night to murder your daughter. It was not intentional. I don't know you or any of the other parents who lost a child in that same accident, but I have to say that there is always a hole in your heart where your child used to be. It can't be mended. But it must go on - think of your other children and what gifts they are to you.
Mom and Dad

Brookville, PA

#14 Nov 29, 2012
The very thought of attention grabber, anger, shallow, is so out of so many of your small minds. You people didnt know Jessica. Stop at our home anytime and we can show you the things she wrote about Cody. I know that he is gone, but he is to blame as much as Jessica. Would you like to read their autopsies? We have them...and you seem to be missing the point. We have a reckless young man, who the school, police, everyone was against. Who got kicked out of school, was arrested, and caused his parents great pain. You have a young girl, who was a great student, athlete, and sweet wonderful young girl who was trying to save some kid. What does he do, he drinks all day long and then races down the highway 98 miles per hour with the so called love of his life. Do you have any knowledge of what your thinking. He was a messed up young man, with a lot of things going on. We know that his parents miss him, but if the tables were turned and our daughter was eight times over the legal limit and he had nothing in his system and she was driving and killed herself and him, would you feel the same way? We would be begging for the Reeds forgiveness. We would feel that our daughter killed their precious son. We would be sick the rest of our lives knowing that our daughter not only lost her life, but took someone else with her. It is amazing to us that so many try to pretend this little game of love and romance. He knew our daugher for twelve months and three weeks. I was there from birth on. And if you have the nerve put your full names out there. What do you have to hide from.....who are you....we would just love to know...
Dee

Du Bois, PA

#15 Nov 30, 2012
You wanted to know who I am? I am a parent. I too lost a child. The circumstances were aweful. That's why I know there is a hole in your heart. I am not passing judgment on anyone. Cody was a very, very troubled kid. I get it. Jessica was a wonderful and beautiful young lady - she will forever live in your heart - trust me. The pain is unbearable. You would do anything to have your daughter back. You sit and cry - hard. You remember when she was little and would still hold your hand. You remember the moment she was born and that you loved her even before she was born. I get it. And I am terribly sorry if I've offended you or anyone else. But I can remember the anger too......
emt

Oil City, PA

#16 Jun 5, 2013
Joe wrote:
Your are a dirtbag lady. He's dead just the same as her and you call it murder? Do you have down syndrome?
P.S. jenna and Jessica didn't even like you.
that's harsh and death sends out a mix of emotions but no one can feel what these 2 sets of parents are feeling
stephanie

Bethel Park, PA

#17 Jun 24, 2013
i did not know either of these people nor do i know their famalies. i do know that i lost a sister back in 2005 she was coming home from working as a bartender it was about 3am when a drunk driver hit her abd took her kife he was charged with vehicular manslauter and found guilty. i can tell you that even though he was punished it stilldid not make our hearts heal any faster or better. its sad when anyone loses their life people make stupid devisions and especially as teenagers they dont think for a second that anything bad is gonna happen. im sorryfor the famalies that lost their children that night and hope you can find peace some day. and to the mother of jess there are support groups out there that really do help you have alot of anger and rightfully so but you need to heal and in order to do that u need to let go of some of the anger im sure your daughter is not happy seeing you this way god bless you and what you have gone through

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Scapegoat 51,531
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Review: Breanna's Beauty Room Jul '14 AEJ 2
summerville, pa condeming flood properties alon... (Aug '12) Jun '14 Observer 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Shippenville, PA (Oct '10) May '14 EmpAtheist 33
State police crack 2003 East Brady robbery (May '07) Mar '14 This is too funny 20
Clarion Dating
Find my Match

Clarion Jobs

Clarion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clarion News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarion

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]