Control tower at Erie International A...

Control tower at Erie International Airport to survive federal budget cuts

Posted in the Claridge Forum

snag

Erie, PA

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Well, the multi million dollar extended runway got us something for awhile. Wonder when the Feds. will shutter night operations and you can drive from Cleveland / Pittsburgh? Be out there with a flashlight if really need to land, looking for snipes at night.
jew

Fairview, PA

#2 Mar 18, 2013
that runway needed extended before pinnacle ran an RJ off the end. the tower isnt a necessity, their closing naples and boca and santa monica, they got 10x times the traffic erie has. united states of obama showing its intelligence.
grover n

Erie, PA

#3 Mar 21, 2013
jew wrote:
that runway needed extended before pinnacle ran an RJ off the end. the tower isnt a necessity, their closing naples and boca and santa monica, they got 10x times the traffic erie has. united states of obama showing its intelligence.
Quit your bitching. We need smaller government and lower taxes. If this lowers taxes then close it.
singapore swing

United States

#4 Mar 21, 2013
grover n wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your bitching. We need smaller government and lower taxes. If this lowers taxes then close it.
you should stop posting, it just makes you sound ignorant.

i agree the runway needs to be longer, i fly in/out of erie all the time and i dont wanna end up in the grass off the end cause you wanna save $6 on your taxes. You probly only make 18,000 a year, so $6 is a lotta money for you.
Amelia Earhart

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Mar 21, 2013
Who needs control towers?
JFK Jr

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Mar 21, 2013
Did that damn C.IA. turn off those friggin runway lights again?
singapore swing

Ketchum, ID

#7 Mar 23, 2013
Amelia Earhart wrote:
Who needs control towers?
its a lot less safe to fly without one. Flying is dangerous enough as it with management not caring if you survive your flight, dont take away the tower now too.
Tuggernuts

Erie, PA

#8 Mar 23, 2013
Erie is a democrat district. The control towers that have been slated for shutdown are almost all in republican controlled areas. Like 79% of them according to Jim Sensenbrenner.
Tim Leary

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Mar 23, 2013
singapore swing wrote:
<quoted text>
its a lot less safe to fly without one. Flying is dangerous enough as it with management not caring if you survive your flight, dont take away the tower now too.
I knew that. It was sarcasm.
Tim Leary

Jersey City, NJ

#10 Mar 23, 2013
Tuggernuts wrote:
Erie is a democrat district. The control towers that have been slated for shutdown are almost all in republican controlled areas. Like 79% of them according to Jim Sensenbrenner.
ood! The red states are the most sparsely populated and contribute the least in tax revenue, but still manage to get enough crackpots or buttlickers elected to obstruct progress for everybody else. About time they were treated as the nuthouse inmates they are.
Tuggernuts

Erie, PA

#11 Mar 23, 2013
Are you on crack? Democrats don't pay taxes. They're all on welfare and SSI disability.
Your Favorite Leary

Jersey City, NJ

#12 Mar 23, 2013
Tuggernuts wrote:
Are you on crack? Democrats don't pay taxes. They're all on welfare and SSI disability.
the blue states pay more in tax revenues than the red states by a long shot. NY vs Utah? Don't make me laugh.
Your Favorite Leary

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Or New York vs Wyoming!

ROTFLMAO
Abc

North Fairfield, OH

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Your Favorite Leary wrote:
Or New York vs Wyoming!
ROTFLMAO
calculate that $$ per IQ point...

you live in PA. and PA produces more tax revenue than New Mexico..look what a turd you are. If you were genuine you would pack your shopping bag and move to inner city Philadelphia.. the benchmark of success in your theory.
Your Favorite Leary

Newark, NJ

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Pay your share, or get more cuts, Red State DEADBEATS!

ROTFLMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Bootleggers?! 1 hr ZUGZWANG 43
GE UE Talks suddenly going bad. 1 hr ZUGZWANG 12
Tired of being a PC 1 hr ZUGZWANG 7
Public Pension Plans Begin Decline 1 hr ZUGZWANG 2
What you gonna do Bo 2 hr Trojans are not n... 1
Andy Gabler 2 hr You dont need two... 2
erie club 8 hr Lou Tulliootski 80

Claridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance