First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxed Payer

Erie, PA

#21 May 2, 2013
Why is it some people think their children are entitled to a neighborhood school? The vast majority of Millcreek students have been bused for years. It is called progress, wake up.
Fed up

Erie, PA

#22 May 11, 2013
Good point!
Ed norton

Erie, PA

#24 May 11, 2013
My kids go to Grandview and are bussed there. What makes you think your kids are any better than mine? Why should my taxes go up to keep your small old school open?
Withheld

Erie, PA

#25 May 12, 2013
Some people moved to specific neighborhoods in Millcreek to reap the benefits of a neighborhood-based school. With that in mind, it does not mean such things __should__ keep a school open if the writing is on the wall.

The misused money needs looked into. Goldie must be held accountable and anyone proven to know anything about his misuse needs called on the carpet and held accountable as well.

Moreover, the district needs to look for ways to operate in a more efficient manner without compromising quality.

I'd agree with the need to close one school, as there are classrooms in elementary schools that are not being used. Place a second school on the two year chopping block (reserve the right to close within two years but keep open for now), as closing two elementary schools seems to be over-shooting in my eyes and this will come back to haunt us in the near future. In my opinion, that would lead to battle cries for another new school sooner rather than later.

After addressing who knew/authorized/stood by and "allowed" Goldie's mess and closing one school, look to trimming the fat. Many teachers and employees within the district do a fine job. However, some of them have either overstayed their welcome or they have become "comfortable" in their relationship with the district and they've become lazy. Get the under-performing, unmotivated, and lazy out. Yes, I know... Union contracts. Take a lesson from GE - business first.

Finally, quit blaming Lou, Gino, Donna or whoever and understand that YOU (the current board, the "sick" Super, the "acting" Super, the biz manager, etc) either F'd up or allowed someone else to F up right under YOUR nose. I'm not having talk about "the noisy bunch" or the "troublemakers", so when Hall tries to imply such things, understand that it does not take a Doctorate to see through your spin.

Whilst I do not really care if it is Lou, Gino, Donna, or Bubbles the deceased elephant from the Erie Zoo who runs for a school board position - please understand that I will not be voting to reelect any current board members. I don't care if you knew of this crap or if you approved it, turned a blind eye, were bamboozled, or whatever. I'm voting "none of the above" when it comes to you clowns. You people in charge need to get your $h!t together and fix this mess without sacrificing quality and then get the hell out of the way.
Bubbles

Erie, PA

#26 May 12, 2013
Withheld wrote:
Some people moved to specific neighborhoods in Millcreek to reap the benefits of a neighborhood-based school. With that in mind, it does not mean such things __should__ keep a school open if the writing is on the wall.
The misused money needs looked into. Goldie must be held accountable and anyone proven to know anything about his misuse needs called on the carpet and held accountable as well.
Moreover, the district needs to look for ways to operate in a more efficient manner without compromising quality.
I'd agree with the need to close one school, as there are classrooms in elementary schools that are not being used. Place a second school on the two year chopping block (reserve the right to close within two years but keep open for now), as closing two elementary schools seems to be over-shooting in my eyes and this will come back to haunt us in the near future. In my opinion, that would lead to battle cries for another new school sooner rather than later.
After addressing who knew/authorized/stood by and "allowed" Goldie's mess and closing one school, look to trimming the fat. Many teachers and employees within the district do a fine job. However, some of them have either overstayed their welcome or they have become "comfortable" in their relationship with the district and they've become lazy. Get the under-performing, unmotivated, and lazy out. Yes, I know... Union contracts. Take a lesson from GE - business first.
Finally, quit blaming Lou, Gino, Donna or whoever and understand that YOU (the current board, the "sick" Super, the "acting" Super, the biz manager, etc) either F'd up or allowed someone else to F up right under YOUR nose. I'm not having talk about "the noisy bunch" or the "troublemakers", so when Hall tries to imply such things, understand that it does not take a Doctorate to see through your spin.
Whilst I do not really care if it is Lou, Gino, Donna, or Bubbles the deceased elephant from the Erie Zoo who runs for a school board position - please understand that I will not be voting to reelect any current board members. I don't care if you knew of this crap or if you approved it, turned a blind eye, were bamboozled, or whatever. I'm voting "none of the above" when it comes to you clowns. You people in charge need to get your $h!t together and fix this mess without sacrificing quality and then get the hell out of the way.
I heard crazy Donna screeching about Golde being held accountable too but what exactly does that mean? If he broke laws he would have been arrested right? If he was just stupid well then there you have it. Ya can't fix stupid and half the world can be that at any one time or other. Why should we have to pay lawyers to sue him and cost us even more? Not like he's gonna pay the millions of dollars in dumb choices back. I say good riddance.
Definately am not voting for current board members to be reelected including clueless Kobylka. He keeps saying he should be put back on bc he was the only one who voted no to the new school. Big f ing deal, he was also on the board for the Golde years and approved the bad budgets that drained the cash account down to almost nothing. He don't even show up for meetings most of the time except when his name is on the ballot. What a jerk. I'm writing in Mancinis name for election. She didn't vote for that new school, for Golde's raise, or for the bad budgets and i think she knows what the schools need. Kobylka, Wilga, Conrad, Palermo, Kramer? Out.
Barry Dane

Erie, PA

#27 May 12, 2013
In Erie this thread would read: Erie 2 loose to skools.
Sharon

Erie, PA

#28 May 12, 2013
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard crazy Donna screeching about Golde being held accountable too but what exactly does that mean? If he broke laws he would have been arrested right? If he was just stupid well then there you have it. Ya can't fix stupid and half the world can be that at any one time or other. Why should we have to pay lawyers to sue him and cost us even more? Not like he's gonna pay the millions of dollars in dumb choices back. I say good riddance.
Definately am not voting for current board members to be reelected including clueless Kobylka. He keeps saying he should be put back on bc he was the only one who voted no to the new school. Big f ing deal, he was also on the board for the Golde years and approved the bad budgets that drained the cash account down to almost nothing. He don't even show up for meetings most of the time except when his name is on the ballot. What a jerk. I'm writing in Mancinis name for election. She didn't vote for that new school, for Golde's raise, or for the bad budgets and i think she knows what the schools need. Kobylka, Wilga, Conrad, Palermo, Kramer? Out.
You right right about Mancini. She knows education and reported problems when Mary Ann Anderson was giving out gift cards. She is not afraid to stand up to do right. Write in BECKY MANCINI!!!!
Christian Lestat

Erie, PA

#29 May 13, 2013
The mom's and dad's should pull out their guns and tell the powers to be that they are not closing any schools .
JUST TRY IT
Door to Door Lou Aliota

Houston, TX

#30 May 17, 2013
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>Kobylka, Wilga, Conrad, Palermo, Kramer? Out.
I never heard of Ron Wilga till I googled Millcreek School Board. When Lou came by I asked him. Lou said Wilga adopted three boys...then he shook his head and said again...Wilga selected all boys to raise....any questions? I had none I was stunned! No wonder we are in big trouble these people are self interested.

I don't like that Lou is making a board members sexual preference a talking point.
just politics

Ashburn, VA

#31 May 17, 2013
Door to Door Lou Aliota wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard of Ron Wilga till I googled Millcreek School Board. When Lou came by I asked him. Lou said Wilga adopted three boys...then he shook his head and said again...Wilga selected all boys to raise....any questions? I had none I was stunned! No wonder we are in big trouble these people are self interested.
I don't like that Lou is making a board members sexual preference a talking point.
So based on no information but hatred, Lou goes door to door to make baseless accusations and assumptions. What a lunatic!
Fed up

Erie, PA

#32 May 17, 2013
He better not come to my door talking that trash.
Please

Erie, PA

#33 May 17, 2013
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
at this point anybody but that crazy screeching woman!
Please

Erie, PA

#34 May 17, 2013
just politics wrote:
<quoted text>
So based on no information but hatred, Lou goes door to door to make baseless accusations and assumptions. What a lunatic!
trying to micro manage from va still Mary....
just politics

Erie, PA

#35 May 18, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>trying to micro manage from va still Mary....
Not Mary. I live in millcreek. I get to enjoy the crazy show in real time
Bubbles the Elephant

San Jose, CA

#36 May 18, 2013
Lou tried to decide FOR YOU who should be on the school board. He tried to take 4 people off the ballot.

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/BubblesElep...
Taxpayer

Erie, PA

#37 May 18, 2013
Bubbles the Elephant wrote:
Lou tried to decide FOR YOU who should be on the school board. He tried to take 4 people off the ballot.
http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/BubblesElep...
Kudos for your sharing this. The public needs to know what kind of man he is, and how he should not be anywhere near a school.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#38 May 19, 2013
panini wrote:
where are all the build a new 100 million dollar school supporters now? hiding under rock with their tails between their legs. the sb fd up so bad now everyone else has to pay for it. they have not once said im sorry or we made a mistake or told the truth and said we lied about everything. they give goldielocks 3200 a week to sit at home after he screwed everything all up. they still pay the business manager when she screwed up 9 million if i worked at burger king an dmy drawer was 3.22 short it comes out of my check but not this bitch (who is she blowing not wilgma) they bullied people called them names called people stupid and uneducated but it looks like their egos and lies were more important. now people will lose jobs families will move houses will foreclose all from this bunch of ass clowns. just think millcreek if you would pat attention in years past when its voting time and not just vote straight party or on name recognition this might have been prevented. but thats right people in millcreek were to worried about keeping up with the jones now they are just like the city school broke!
There are bullies on the current school board and they most certainly do owe the Township an apology! There is a bully on the ballot as well.

Lou Aliota

No one can promise to keep Ridgefield open. So why does Lou promise when he will not even be on the board (if he wins and I doubt it) until December 2013? Mancini made Lou look like the fool he is at the Ridgefield PTA meeting.

Kudos to Dr. Mancini!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Cathedral Prep really care about inner cit... 7 min Erie concerned 112
GE Locomotive Plant in Ft Worth, Texas (Aug '12) 17 min bootylicious 220
how many are in fake marriages 25 min gone girl 17
Tracy Teudhope's Magnificent Mammaries. Holy Fu... 2 hr Jameis 26
saint vincent surgery center 2 hr Big Negro 11
Gail Kemmler (Oct '13) 2 hr Ayrm 30
Cuba 3 hr Ayrm 1
Claridge Dating
Find my Match

Claridge People Search