Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

well its official at wed nights meeting at mihs they will announce the closing of ridgefield and vernondale. where are all the build a new 100 million dollar school supporters now? hiding under rock with their tails between their legs. the sb fd up so bad now everyone else has to pay for it. they have not once said im sorry or we made a mistake or told the truth and said we lied about everything. they give goldielocks 3200 a week to sit at home after he screwed everything all up. they still pay the business manager when she screwed up 9 million if i worked at burger king an dmy drawer was 3.22 short it comes out of my check but not this bitch (who is she blowing not wilgma) they bullied people called them names called people stupid and uneducated but it looks like their egos and lies were more important. now people will lose jobs families will move houses will foreclose all from this bunch of ass clowns. just think millcreek if you would pat attention in years past when its voting time and not just vote straight party or on name recognition this might have been prevented. but thats right people in millcreek were to worried about keeping up with the jones now they are just like the city school broke!
citizen

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

How did this school board not know their own finances? They wasted eveeryones time with the 100 million new school meetings, when they already had their minds made up. All they were doing was pacifying the taxpayers. I find it hard to believe nobody went over these finances before ram rodding the project down taxpayers throats. I smell a rat...could there have been financial gain for some of them? The state needs to investigate each and every board member and adminstration official.
Think

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Be as pissed as you want, the root of the problem is not the now defunct building project. The problem was bad fiscal planning for the future, plain and simple. No tax increases when costs were known years ago to be skyrocketing, no tightening of the belt by trimming a decade of budgets when other school districts have been cutting programs for years. Golde lead Millcreek down a bad path. Business managers don't make program decisions or create budgets, they implement what the board approves. I heard those two schools being considered for closing when my own kids were just starting school and they are in high school now. Stop acting like this is a big surprise. The money wasted on plans for the building project would not have erased this budget's deficit. It would have sure helped, but the district would still be in the same pickle because the superintendent did not plan for the predicted increases it now has to pony up for. As far as I'm concerned, paying him to leave is worth it. The district needed to get rid of him years ago. We should stop wasting our time on him and focus on solutions instead.
boy

Polk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

the school board are products of public education and indoctrination... proof positive it is a defective system
What

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

boy wrote:
the school board are products of public education and indoctrination... proof positive it is a defective system
Several board members went to private and or parochial schools.
kirby

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Several board members went to private and or parochial schools.
Really? Who went where?
boy

Polk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

kirby wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who went where?
yeah...who? Nothing in Erie qualifies anyways
BroMo

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Uh boys, where can I get my copy of the McDowell Pub? Media Play?
Fed up

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

The board knew about the $8.8 million dollar deficit! They were pushing the new $100 million dollar school to hide the deficit. In other words it was really a roughly $90 million dollar new school and they were going to over finance and use the roughly $9 million to pay for the deficit. When the new school idea fell through the superintendent bailed (by the way he bailed on his last job also) and their dirty $9 million secret was exposed. The wimp superintendent didn't want to stick around and face the heat. This school district needs to be audited and investigated by an outstide agency.
millcreek citizen

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

i heard one or more of these board members are on other boards and none of their finances are doing well either, maybe they should have accountants on the boards.

just sayin.
Be Serious

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Fed up wrote:
The board knew about the $8.8 million dollar deficit! They were pushing the new $100 million dollar school to hide the deficit. In other words it was really a roughly $90 million dollar new school and they were going to over finance and use the roughly $9 million to pay for the deficit. When the new school idea fell through the superintendent bailed (by the way he bailed on his last job also) and their dirty $9 million secret was exposed. The wimp superintendent didn't want to stick around and face the heat. This school district needs to be audited and investigated by an outstide agency.
If you knew anything about bonds, you would know that the borrowed money can only be used for specific, stipulated purposes listed in the actual bond. In other words, a bond for construction or renovations can only be used for those capital improvements. The district is audited every year. It would be impossible for the scenario you suggest to happen. I heard this questioned answered multiple times already in public meetings. But I do agree that the superintendent screwed up and needed to be gotten rid of.
steven

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

millcreek citizen wrote:
i heard one or more of these board members are on other boards and none of their finances are doing well either, maybe they should have accountants on the boards.
just sayin.
Which ones?
panini

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

hows the business manager blowing to keep her job after she fd up 9 million in the budget?
Millcreek

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

panini wrote:
hows the business manager blowing to keep her job after she fd up 9 million in the budget?
You are not paying attention or you would know that it was her boss that sunk the ship. It's the superintendent who makes the decisions and tells the business manager what to do. And the board let him do whatever he wanted. That is the real problem.
panini

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Millcreek wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not paying attention or you would know that it was her boss that sunk the ship. It's the superintendent who makes the decisions and tells the business manager what to do. And the board let him do whatever he wanted. That is the real problem.
yes i do pay attention i know tax payer sucking goldie fd up and did things he wasnt supposed to but she helped. she knew the things he was doing were wrong she admitted this and told no one so she is just as much to blame as everyone else. but its ok lets fine some teachers and screw over some kids for the wrongs of a bunch of small dicked ego maniacs who couldnt run a lemonade stand let alone a school district.
St Larry the Godless

Guys Mills, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

panini wrote:
<quoted text>
small dicked ego maniacs who couldnt run a lemonade stand let alone a school district.
Let's leave Lou aliota out of this.
bozo the clown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I'd still trust the current board with finances more than aliota. U think he stole from our vets? Let's see how much he can pocket out of the school budget. This guy is a F-ing weasel.
Vote responsibly

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Don't know who is worse, that pontificating jerk Aliota or Donna the Dim. A sorry bunch to choose from. DiPlacido is the only one worth voting for, and maybe Bosco. The rest are a pack of fools, including that hypocryt Kobylka.
panini

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

St Larry the Godless wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's leave Lou aliota out of this.
yeah that squirly guy give me the creeps
Eloise

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

What's a vernondale?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Claridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Claridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance