Taylor Convenience Stores to "belly ...

Taylor Convenience Stores to "belly up" ?

Posted in the Clarendon Forum

“Apathy is the Dreaded Disease”

Since: Jun 07

Clarendon

#1 Dec 15, 2011
For months now the Taylor "convenience" stores throughout the Panhandle of Texas have appeared to be struggling. Slowly but surely, one shot in the foot after another has brought them closer to the end.
First shot perhaps was; inferier brand of coffee, then food items out of date, shelves bare at times, missed orders, "missed shipments, not keeping popular items stocked like popular brands of cigarettes. Then Corporate seemed to hire every relative they had and finding them a supervisor position. One such relative is even waiting trial for murder in the beating death of his 4 year old son!
Weak excuses like, the truck didn't make it, empty shelves or fountain drinks out of stock..... no Coke this week... no money order machine, no phone card machines and the list goes on.
It is now reported by returning customers that fuel islands are "bagged off" with no explination even to the local store managers it seems. They still do have ice and high sugar pastries!
It seems that if Taylor "Petroless" stores were going to sell that they would have something to sell.
Are they convinced high IQ and no common sense can make for a prospering business?
I for one am saddened for the many hundreds of employees that at Christmas time are worried about their jobs and Corporate has warned them of nothing! In Clarendon alone, about 15 people will be out of a job soon if improvements are made quickly.
Will outdated, dusty items be shifted to high volumn stores and only the "big stores" remain?
All this is only my opinion, but on a sadder note, I feel sorry for the clerks that have to continue saying, "sorry, no fuel, your cigarette brand is out and we don't have your fountain drink, but come back soon!"
Is it a sign of the times or stinkin' thinking and a lot of stupidity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr Fartman 904
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Farters 742
Samnorwood, You got spooks living there? May '15 the Ace of Spades 1
News Heavy rain to continue May '15 Nederland Texas 1
News Manslaughter downgraded by DA (Aug '08) Feb '15 SOS 11
Quail Music Thread (Feb '14) Jan '15 Musikologist 4
looking for a rental (Dec '14) Dec '14 toni 1
More from around the web

Clarendon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Clarendon Mortgages