230 lb teacher suffocates 129 lb kid ...

230 lb teacher suffocates 129 lb kid sitting on him til he cried for mercy

Posted in the Clarendon Forum

texas parent

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#2 Mar 27, 2010
Very sad story. Parents of children attending CISD should pay very close attention to what's happening in their district. Corporal Punishment is taken to a whole new level.
Check Your Facts

AOL

#3 Apr 9, 2010
Only 2 states ban prone restraint in school: Iowa and Pennsylvania. And instead of teachers using prone restraint, Pennyslvania has resorted to hiring more school resource officers, calling in law enforcement and have substituted handcuffs and tasers.

Only Maryland has legally banned prone restraint at its residential centers. All you have to do is read the newspapers and the juvenile justice reports to see how well that's going.

As far as the TX case as reported above. The agency used a training program that didn't teach prone restraint. Maybe the problem was lack of training. The factual inaccuracies floating around posing as "truth" is mindboggling.
TxSpecEDTeacher

Baytown, TX

#4 Apr 9, 2010
You have an extremely narrow interpretation of this issue as I am a special education teacher and I believe the first blog is correct. Enlighten us AOL?
Horrified

Norfolk, VA

#5 Apr 15, 2010
I cannot believe this teacher was not charged. If this were a parent who restrained their child in such a manner, he or she would be in prison for a very long time!!!!
I amazed at our judicial system. It should be designed to protect the victim not the criminal. It's sad to say this happens every day with our judicial system.
Horrified

Norfolk, VA

#6 Apr 15, 2010
Correction. I can't believe the teacher was not convicted of murder or a mininum of involutary man slaughter.
destiny

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#8 Apr 15, 2010
Horrified is correct. If a parent did this, they would be put away for a very long time as they should be. It's apparent there's a double standard for school personnel.
proud daddy

Quanah, TX

#9 Apr 20, 2010
the book says an eye for an eye.had it been my kid i would proudly hold my head up as i climbed the courtroom steps to be tried for murder in the first after i solved the problem!!!
Michelle

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#10 Apr 20, 2010
I hear you ,I know exactly the way you feel.Child molester should not be allowed in our schools nor should teacher that abuse our kids. One time is one time too many.When will schools stop passing the buck...Thanks for giving your opinion, we all feel this way at times.I Know I did . we want to change things for all kids.School need to help kids not teachers our kids are the future help them now or pay for it later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saint Roosts Steakhouse Nov 26 Hopeful 1
Quail Music Thread (Feb '14) Nov 8 Musikologist 7
Upset Granddaughter (Dec '15) Sep '16 In the know 3
Donna Barnes (May '10) Aug '16 Get Real 6
Truth hurts olivia!! (Oct '10) Aug '16 Get Real 21
Moving to McLean Aug '16 Glj 2
Old school Aug '16 Gus Macrae 4

Clarendon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance