Bolingbrook student with cerebral palsy made to mop up blood, parents say

Feb 28, 2013 Full story: ABC7 Chicago 352

Because of her cerebral palsy, Jada O'Neal has to use a wheelchair. ABC 7's Sarah Schulte spoke to the parents of the Bolingbrook High School student about what happened.

Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
anna

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Sad to know schools have ppl like that in them and we are paying them.
Margaret

Houston, TX

#2 Mar 1, 2013
anna wrote:
Sad to know schools have ppl like that in them and we are paying them.
ACTUALLY... the allegations are erroneous. I know the student and the teacher and the student and her family are just looking for money. The teacher gives up so much time and effort to help her students. She has really revamped the program and is a phenomenal teacher.
anthony

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Look I know both also. I know the family are great/loving people. They help families in need all the time. They don't need or want money. I believe they are making it award to all parents. Redo your research on teacher, has been at Bolingbrook long. So changing a program are strong words. She teaches student that don't even know they are in school. She a babysitter.
anthony

Bolingbrook, IL

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Hasn't been at Bolingbrook long.
Britney

Naperville, IL

#5 Mar 1, 2013
anthony wrote:
Look I know both also. I know the family are great/loving people. They help families in need all the time. They don't need or want money. I believe they are making it award to all parents. Redo your research on teacher, has been at Bolingbrook long. So changing a program are strong words. She teaches student that don't even know they are in school. She a babysitter.
Lisa, How many different names are you going to use?
Elizabeth

Romeoville, IL

#6 Mar 1, 2013
I know this family very well, they're not after the money, believe me they have plenty. The father of Jada has very well educated people in his family including his mother, the families on both sides are very successful..... The McNeals DO NOT NEED ANYTHING FROM NO ONE. Jada's teacher will loose her job, I should know I work for the City of Bolingbrook, I also know this disrespectful,and abusive teacher. It's about time that one of your students was brave enough to tell on you.SHAME ON YOU.
Scott

Romeoville, IL

#7 Mar 1, 2013
I do not know the family, but I do know this teacher very well, she's a snippy disrespectful young lady. She needs to be terminated, I do not like her never did like her, and Jada's mom should have punched her in her face for the abusive behavior. I hope that this family take the school district TO THE BANK.
Cereal Killer

Bolingbrook, IL

#8 Mar 1, 2013
Dirty teacher, cardboard box filled with her belongings, walk of shame to her car one last time. Priceless!!!
Mikee

Woodridge, IL

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Margaret wrote:
<quoted text>
ACTUALLY... the allegations are erroneous. I know the student and the teacher and the student and her family are just looking for money. The teacher gives up so much time and effort to help her students. She has really revamped the program and is a phenomenal teacher.
I Doubt that this girl would lie about anything like this. If she loves going to school. Nothing in the news clip asked that they are asking for money many you guys should learn to look at the news clip before opening your mouths on here. Teaching her a living skill to clean up blood in a wheel chair honestly, cleaning up someone elses blood has many more risk and in a school setting with a mop is unethical and against the law there is more to cleaning up bodily fluids to the FDA code and no minor should be required to clean it up, there was no protection. the parents are just looking for the teacher to not teach anymore think if your child was in Jada's position, how would you react? you would want the same thing and you wouldnt be saying the hurthful things that you are about the family. learn to get to know people before you open your mouths. Society learns to speak firt before learning the facts or anything about a person. Everyone on here is so judgemental towards a person these days.
elisabeth ayres

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 1, 2013
A girl in her condition isnt going to lie and the damn teacher needs to be fired!! and if anyone is going to defend her actions needs to keep thier mouth shut and not speak. That poor girl didnt deserve it
Teach

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Money grab with an ambulance chaser attorney.
just an observation

Bolingbrook, IL

#12 Mar 2, 2013
My question here is where are the witnesses?...how come no one has come forward other than the parents?... Funny everyone is fast on finding the teacher guilty... but based on what?.... the girl would not lie... because of her cp?.... do you know the girl?.. Yet you automatically go at the teacher....
Cereal Killer

Bolingbrook, IL

#13 Mar 2, 2013
just an observation wrote:
My question here is where are the witnesses?...how come no one has come forward other than the parents?... Funny everyone is fast on finding the teacher guilty... but based on what?.... the girl would not lie... because of her cp?.... do you know the girl?.. Yet you automatically go at the teacher....
The teacher already admited to the principle that she did it. Was teaching her living skills. Stated she was joking about locking her in bathroom. Teacher should have used better judgement she didnt think about what she was doing. If the teacher is at the school monday the administration is going have alot of explaining to do.
just an observation

Bolingbrook, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Cereal Killer wrote:
<quoted text>
The teacher already admited to the principle that she did it. Was teaching her living skills. Stated she was joking about locking her in bathroom. Teacher should have used better judgement she didnt think about what she was doing. If the teacher is at the school monday the administration is going have alot of explaining to do.
Correction... the parent said the princiapal said the teacher said... that is called hearsay...
just an observation

Bolingbrook, IL

#17 Mar 2, 2013
Pro gambler wrote:
If the teacher blows the principal and i know about it. Is that hearsay or a quote?
Unless you did a threesome... how would you know....

The parent was saying what the princepal told them the teacher said... hear say... but of course guilty till proven innocent...
just an observation

Bolingbrook, IL

#18 Mar 2, 2013
Mikee wrote:
See there the facts. The teach admitted to it. So why keep it going. The parents didn't say that the teacher said. She came out and admitted it.
Look again... the mom said the principal said the teacher said...
There is no hard evidence of the teacher saying this....
Would you want to be convicted of a crime because I said the police said you said you did it.... Now if the principal.. the one who actually heard what was said came public, not to s the parent but to the press saying that that the teacher admitted it to him that would be different.
Pro gambler

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Mar 2, 2013
just an observation wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you did a threesome... how would you know....
The parent was saying what the princepal told them the teacher said... hear say... but of course guilty till proven innocent...
I was the person filming it
just an observation

Bolingbrook, IL

#21 Mar 2, 2013
Pro gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the person filming it
then you were there so it is a witness not hearsay...
The parent was not there to hear the conversation betwen the principal and the teacher... so again the parent says the principal said the teacher said.... hearsay.
go pete go

Crest Hill, IL

#22 Mar 2, 2013
Hearsay is allowed in will county just ask Drew
Mikee

Chicago, IL

#23 Mar 2, 2013
You guys are making this perverted and it doesnt need to be. think about if this was your child like i stated earlier how would you react and you would believe your kid. why would a girl who loves going to school every day and is so full of energy and is over coming her ailment to the fullest of her ability lie about something like this. she never had a problem with the special ed program or the teachers until now. grow up people. the principal cant come out to the public for reasons that are undisclosed. Also im sure if it was in the hallways the 100 cameras in that school one of them should have caught it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min On Again Off Again 50,020
WildBill and McCambell 1 hr Taxpayer for years 8
Retired police sergeant found shot dead in back... (Jun '12) 2 hr grapevine 9
another stabbing in bolingbrook 9/25 (Sep '09) 2 hr Laurie S 24
Scavo soon to be back on the loose (Oct '13) 17 hr Curious RAT Inves... 23
McCampbell known throughout West Cook region (Jul '10) Sun MP shiznit 28
Faggiano Minimum Height Requirement? Sun MP shiznit 2

Clarendon Hills Jobs

Clarendon Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clarendon Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarendon Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]