Steve Flood getting a free pass

Posted in the Clarendon Hills Forum

Need some uproar

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 Jan 20, 2013
So why hasn't Steve Flood being charged with anything?

There is no way in the world I am going to buy into any of the many supposed coincidences especially with these coincidences happening so close together in time.

There was plenty of uproar when Stacy Peterson disappeared. It was craziness like Bolingbrook had never seen. What was known in that case, which drew so much media and public attention, was that she was missing - that was really the only fact. There were suspicion but to this day no charges about her disappearing. No one seems to know if she left, where she is, is she hiding, is she dead or alive?

But in the case of Flood no one seems to care. This woman's name is Anna Marie and she is someone, too. Where are the supposed supporters of domestic abuse awareness in this matter?

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 - Steve Flood had spoken with Anna at about 5pm while he is supposed to be in Edinsburgh, IN on business. Less than 7 hours later, in Bolingbrook, "someone" gets into the Flood residence and bashes Anna in the head while she is in bed. Fortunately Anna was not knocked out with the first blow and she screamed out upon being struck, scaring "someone" off. That scream alerted others in the house and I'm sure that was not part of the plan.

( Edinburgh to Bolingbrook = 4 hr drive)

I would imagine that with something as serious as Anna being attacked in her own home, police, ambulance and fire trucks arriving at the Floor residence, Anna being brought to the hospital someone would be calling Steve? The Husband and Father. Someone would have made a phone call to him and he would be rushing back to Bolingbrook, right?

So did someone try to get ahold of him?

One thing for sure is that Steve Flood "disappears" at somepoint this evening. As police look into his hotel room in IN they find the TV on and his cellphone charging.(You have to be careful with those cell phones and that annoying tower pinging keeping tabs on your whereabouts)

Steve Flood is no where to be found. That's weird. Horrible things happening at home and no sign of Steve. He just takes a drive to Texas I guess. You know, do a little sight seeing, think a little, clear your head, try to get that scream out of your head.

Gone until he turns up a week later. No contact with his family during the time he disappears? WTH?

He just comes back and really explains nothing to anyone.

Atleast Anna is divorcing herself of this guy and wisely so.

But this needs to be brought to justice!
Hal Phillips

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Don't know that floods getting a free pass but everything I read sure points to him.

Who else would want to or have a motive to do something so terrible?

If she is divorcing him that sure sounds like a smart move. It may well save her life.

As much as all of his friends seemed to stick up for him when he disappeared he sure does appear creepy to me.
Sam

Naperville, IL

#3 Jan 24, 2013
I'm not sure she's the one that asked for the divorce. He said he was moving to FL where his mother lives and she refused to go. That hasn't stopped her from sending the kids on a plane several times to visit him.

I just pray that he doesn't take his anger out on their children some day.

I know that I wouldn't be able to sleep worrying what might happen to them while they're visiting him over 1,000 miles away.
Roar

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2013
I don't think Anna Marie has to worry a bit about her children when they're with Steve. She just needed to worry about herself.

When you're heading for divorce and you think your wife is going to be entitled to a good chunk of your money the best way to make sure they don't get it is to make sure they're not there to get it. Hello Drew Peterson.

The kids are not a liability to him and likely to take any money so they're safe.

This last post and its statement supports the theory of Steve being the midnight stalker than doing anything towards disapproving it.
Just like Peterson

Buffalo Grove, IL

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Does anyone actually doubt it was Steve that was trying to kill his wife that night?

I know I have no doubts!
Saveamutt

Buffalo Grove, IL

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Where is State Atty James Glasgow on this case? Is it not a cop or high profile enough for his involvement?
Neighbor

Schaumburg, IL

#7 Feb 7, 2013
Saveamutt wrote:
Where is State Atty James Glasgow on this case? Is it not a cop or high profile enough for his involvement?
If AnnaMarie refuses to testify or identify him as her attacker, how will Glasgow prosecute?

There would be reasonable doubt with regard to any evidence found connecting him to the attack because he lived in the home.
Brew Drodsky

Steward, IL

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
If AnnaMarie refuses to testify or identify him as her attacker, how will Glasgow prosecute?
There would be reasonable doubt with regard to any evidence found connecting him to the attack because he lived in the home.
I doubt it could come close to reasonable doubt if the evidence found was left there the night of the attack and could be connected to Steve - because Steve supposedly was in Indiana the night of the attack. Atleast that is what Steve wants everyone to believe.

Glasgow does not need Anna Marie's permission to prosecute.
Neighbor

Schaumburg, IL

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Brew Drodsky wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it could come close to reasonable doubt if the evidence found was left there the night of the attack and could be connected to Steve - because Steve supposedly was in Indiana the night of the attack. Atleast that is what Steve wants everyone to believe.
Glasgow does not need Anna Marie's permission to prosecute.
What type of evidence are you talking about?

She was hit in the head with a rock. His fingerprints on the door knob, hair, DNA, blood...all could have been there from the 15 years that he lived in the house.

The only one that had contact with the attacker that night was AnnaMarie so how are you going to prove that it was Steve?
Brew Drodsky

South Elgin, IL

#10 Feb 7, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
What type of evidence are you talking about?
She was hit in the head with a rock. His fingerprints on the door knob, hair, DNA, blood...all could have been there from the 15 years that he lived in the house.
The only one that had contact with the attacker that night was AnnaMarie so how are you going to prove that it was Steve?
It's the police and SA who need to do the proving. They seemed to do it in the Peterson case.

Maybe Steve could just come clean and face his demons.

Common sense points right to Steve. There have been no cases of random assaults of people laying in their own beds sleeping in the middle of the night anywhere around for many many years.
Any similar cases of people being assaulted in their own beds in the middle the night have been tied to rapes and the attacker continues the assault and does not run off like Steve did. These incidents are related to sexual assaults or rapes.
Neighbor

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Brew Drodsky wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the police and SA who need to do the proving. They seemed to do it in the Peterson case.
Maybe Steve could just come clean and face his demons.
Common sense points right to Steve. There have been no cases of random assaults of people laying in their own beds sleeping in the middle of the night anywhere around for many many years.
Any similar cases of people being assaulted in their own beds in the middle the night have been tied to rapes and the attacker continues the assault and does not run off like Steve did. These incidents are related to sexual assaults or rapes.
I'm not aware of AnnaMarie telling anyone that she was afraid for her life or that Steve threatened to kill her like Drew did to Kathleen and Stacey.

You're right that it's common sense that he did it but we don't convict people of crimes based on common sense. We need evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that he did it but I don't see how the police or Glasgow can find the evidence to prove it without some cooperation from anyone (AnnaMarie, kids, neighbors...)that saw the attacker or his vehicle that night. I know that they interviewed a lot of people.
never safe from steve

Bolingbrook, IL

#12 Feb 9, 2013
That right Anna will never be safe from him. Being out of state did not prevent him from slithering back to try and kill her once so why wouldn't he slither back again and try to harm her?

Why? Same reason he tried to kill her before. The divorce settlement willbe much more favorable to him if Anna is not around to contest or argue.

Steve's a snake.
Ray F

Winfield, IL

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Coach Flood never seemed right to me. He always seemed to have his mind somewhere else. I'm glad he's not a coach or around the kids anymore.
Bandit

Mundelein, IL

#14 Nov 14, 2013
So many questions still. Why was his other car (minivan) who he only has one set of keys with Steve on him. However the car was found parked in a hotel parking lot not at his work. He would drive to his place with the minivan pick up his work truck and then go out to pick up his inventory. He would drive many states in a day and he knows very shady people. I am not judgeing him that is for a higher power. Since Steve is a very church going man. Judgement will come soon enough. "I shall not kill" I am very happy that he is out of Bolingbrook and IL. However he will return. I informed my kids not to talk to Coach Flood. I feel he should be locked up. Too many loopholes in his story.
coach

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 14, 2013
here's another big red flag

if he didn't do it why wasn't he concerned with who did do it how did they get in his house and why would they want to do it?

Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Salvi. What was he thinking? 13 hr ComeBackInn 25
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 21 hr REVELATION SIX SE... 1,468
#1 Pawn Shop in Chicago area (Oct '12) 23 hr calvinater 2
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) Fri Yikes 907
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland Fri forum reg 538
News Fight for $15 rallies part-time college professors Apr 16 Casey 1
Report MP police officers Apr 16 lone wolf 22
More from around the web

Clarendon Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE