Father charged with murder of daughte...

Father charged with murder of daughter, 8

There are 132 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Mar 27, 2006, titled Father charged with murder of daughter, 8. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS A Clarendon Hills man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of his 8-year-old daughter last Sunday, according to a release from the DuPage County State's Attorney's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

cme

United States

#103 Dec 7, 2006
jasleen wayne wrote:
<quoted text>i totaly agree the mother isint a mother if u dont check on ure kids i hope she relizes thet its not only her husbands fault its also hers
he should be put to death
were you drunk when you wrote this? If not please take a 3rd grade English/grammar class!
and realize noone is responsible for other people's actions only their own!
Molly

Boca Raton, FL

#104 Jan 29, 2007
I still can't believe this happened. I was so deeply saddened to hear about this, and even I questioned why the mother didn't hear anything. I have realized, as an outsider looking in, that Lisa would have done anything as a loving mother to prevent this horrible act. I recently read that Lisa is now divorced and missing Lauren terribly. I know she always will. I pray for Lisa and her son all the time and they are in my thoughts constantly. God be with you Lauren.
Anthony

Chicago, IL

#105 Feb 7, 2007
Such a terrible thing.
Godisdead

Rockford, MI

#107 Jun 9, 2007
Ivan wrote:
God will take care of this evil man.
Where was your God when this child was murdered? Where was this so called God, while this child was screaming in pain? Where was this so called God when this little innocent girl pleaded with her daddy to stop...???
Michael

Citrus Heights, CA

#108 Jun 18, 2007
When I heard about this I went numb.I'm sure like everybody else.My Ex- girlfriend had a business right next to Neil's pottery Business in DG.My Ex knew him pretty good I met him only once,when we had my daughter's B-day party there at the mad potter.My daughter is the same age as lauren.I have to admit there's something going on with Neil.Iv'e read letters he's written to my ex since his arrest.....All we can do now is leave it up to god......neil will have to answer to him....AND PRAY FOR THE FAMILY...
Lexi

Denver, CO

#109 Jun 19, 2007
I loved the Lofquest Family so much Lauren was the first person th say hi to me a a camp that are church goes to, and we have been friends ever sence, until the accident. Her dad (Neil)
was such I nice man and everyone in the chruch knew him and respected he. I have no clue what was going through his mind that night, and I give all the respect of mine that Lisa and Lars, and I wanted you to know that everyone is here for you.
Any news

West Chicago, IL

#110 Jun 19, 2007
Does anyone know what happened at the murder trial of this moster? Did he get life/death penalty or what?
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#111 Jul 7, 2007
Ci- Laguna Niguel wrote:
Obviously, the man had a chemical imbalance or sickness. We should pray for all the family as they are all probably in shock. God Bless Lauren The mom I'm sure did not know what was going on. I live in a big house and you can be downstairs and not know what has happened. Obviously he was sick It is a very sad story. Pray for the family including Neil!
I will certainly be praying for Neil......praying
for a speedy death by injection. Hanging would be
better but we don't do that anymore.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#112 Jul 7, 2007
This monster claimed his daughter was the devil and thats why he killed her.(Insanity
plea). Now why did he feel he had to rape
the devil? I think we know who the devil
is in this case.
Rebecca Lynn

West Chicago, IL

#113 Jul 9, 2007
PSL wrote:
This monster claimed his daughter was the devil and thats why he killed her.(Insanity
plea). Now why did he feel he had to rape
the devil? I think we know who the devil
is in this case.
I think it's just an excuse. Were alcohol or drugs involved?
Bewildered

Lemont, IL

#114 Jul 12, 2007
How does a "normal, nice, loving family man" turn into a mentally insane person without any clues ? First of all, that senario is so unlikely, let alone unheard of... Seeing Neil's photos - he reminds me of a married man with children who was a high school teacher and got arrested in the act of going to (what he thought was a 13 year old girl's house) after corresponding with her on an internet chat room. Yes, he spoke to the news correspondant and seemed totally "normal" - but what normal person would be interested in having sex with a 13 year old girl ? What a sad society... I pray for all of the innocent children...
Angel Villa Park

Chicago, IL

#115 Sep 20, 2007
yes the mother should be under investigation, and please don't make up any excuses that he has a chemical imbalance, that's everyone's excuse that they have a mental problem,
Disappointment

Syracuse, NY

#116 Oct 5, 2007
I being a mother of four myself would have never left not one of my children in the house when taking their father to the hospital for a cut on his hand . There is no way you can tell me that she didn't know something was going on in that house, because it wasn't that huge of a house. Even so any mother can hear the slightest sound coming from their baby I don't care how big the house is that's a bunch of BS I personally think she should be charged to for the simple fact she didn't protect her child no one let alone a child should ever have to go through such a horrible death people on DEATH ROW don't even suffer that bad, but every dog will have his day because believe me all that he did to that baby is going to be done to him ten x worse in jail... As For the Mom she'll get her's maybe not right now but it will come for the simple fact she's going to have to live with this for the rest of her life and that's going to be her "PRISON"
Disappointment

Syracuse, NY

#117 Oct 5, 2007
You should take into consideration what a horrible person you call your friend and even more we have the right to comment on what a horrible person he is for the simple fact he gave us the right to when he decided to play God and take the life of an innocent child so you take into account of his family which was Lauren who's speaking for her obviously not you.....
hmb wrote:
i think that everyone needs to mind their own business and take into acount that his family and friends look at this...
most of you dont even know neil so shut you mouths.
just take in to consideration his friends and families feels
-coming from a family friend
Disappointment

Syracuse, NY

#118 Oct 6, 2007
concerned mom wrote:
Amen! Leave Lisa alone and support her. Looks like Neil also went thru more money than Lisa knew. he may have had seveal deep secrets. Financial contributions are needed. If you are reluctant to give in the form of a check -- gift cards for any local grocer or chain would be much appreciated. This way you can be assured Neil's defense will not see any of it.
I wouldn't contribute a damn thing to her nor that family what needs to happen is they need to remove Lars from her Custody because obviously she isn't capable of being a mother because a MOTHERS first role is to protect your off spring and that she did not do...
Anger

Syracuse, NY

#119 Oct 6, 2007
concerned mom wrote:
Most people are truly suportive, but I agree that the speculators ought to shut their mouths and open up their hearts or wallets.
Donations that are strictly going to Lars, not in any way shape or form to Neil are gladly accepted at the Clarendon Hills Bank.
That's the problem with the residents of CH you think everything can be solved w/ money or you feel money can keep things like this from being Public ...I do believe that there are other that should be looked @ in this neighborhood because you all try to keep to many secrets and look what happens Money Can't Buy Everything you need to remember that...Bye The way Lisa needs to have the Jail cell right next to NEIL...
Michael McArthur

Oak Brook, IL

#120 Oct 6, 2007
Even I have to admit that this guy should be introduced to a tree-shreader, or put into a cell with Hannibal or SAW.
Jackie O

Elkhart, IN

#121 Oct 17, 2007
So what is the status on this case?
bbb

Midlothian, IL

#122 Nov 20, 2007
I dont think that you people realize that there are family members and friends reading this... as a friend i dont think that any of you can have a valid opionion if you dont know Neil or Lisa. I hope your partents tought you if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.
I am a 17 yr. old high school student and you people with your negitive comments are effecting alot more people then you think. so maybe next time you post a comment stop and think and if you have nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself.
and for the person that said Neil was a bully then you obviously didnt know him because he was not! He tought me in sunday school and he was a very good man!
so please keep your comments to yourself!
bbb

Midlothian, IL

#123 Nov 20, 2007
Most of the people posting comments are the parents of children and let me tell you all something none of you parents know what is going on in your childs head. Alot of parents dont know what there children go through at school or at work, alot of parents dont know how much pressure there really is in life... and no Neil may not be a child but im sure he didnt tell Lisa everthing. I mean do all you married people tell your spouse everything?? Stop and think.
Please Leave Lisa Alone At Least
if she did something, with the technology we have today... the police would know and along with the community.
and for the people with the money comment... come on are you serious? i know that Lisa does not have very much money...
leave this family alone and do something better with your life then saying bad things about people.
Trust me i had my opions about people like Neil and i thought the same as all of you but untill you know someone that this happens to... you really shouldn't say anything at all
and now that this has happend all you can do is pray or help but dont be mean

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drew Peterson moved to Federal Prison 6 hr Federal Freddie 1
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 6 hr Selective Enforce... 9,572
how crooked is bolingbrook mayor roger claar (Jan '16) 21 hr They r both drunks 37
Mike Lawler Arrested for DUI 22 hr They r both drunks 22
Drew Peterson What Did He Do With Stacy? (Feb '15) 23 hr Midget Tossing 50
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc (May '16) Fri Jared Nelson58 321
Moving to Lemont but I hear about bad things Thu confused 1

Clarendon Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarendon Hills Mortgages