Father charged with murder of daughte...

Father charged with murder of daughter, 8

There are 132 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Mar 27, 2006, titled Father charged with murder of daughter, 8. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS A Clarendon Hills man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of his 8-year-old daughter last Sunday, according to a release from the DuPage County State's Attorney's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

Barbara

Bloomingdale, IL

#22 Mar 29, 2006
I don't know if I would believe the mom. As a mother myself, you just know when something is wrong with your kids or if something isn't right with your husband. Come on people- God did give women the gift of intuition.
renee

United States

#23 Mar 29, 2006
Barbara wrote:
I don't know if I would believe the mom. As a mother myself, you just know when something is wrong with your kids or if something isn't right with your husband. Come on people- God did give women the gift of intuition.
I know you would think something is not right,I am a mom too this just does not make any sense.She sees an injury on his hand and doesnt question about bringing the daughter with come on,he puts the kids to bed and comes down and says he has to go to the hospital.I would think something is very wrong,I would have run up stairs.This whole thing is strange.
DAWN

United States

#24 Mar 29, 2006
HORRIFIC! How could you possibly hurt...KILL your own child? May he endure what he has inflicted 1000x! How could a mother not check on 1 child and yet take the other to the hospital w/a man who has a knife wound after putting her beloved child to bed? A mother knows the heart of a father. Criminal acts occurred long before this precious little girl endured such horror in the hands of the parent God expected to protect her!! The only innocent victims of this family are Lars and Lauren. Above all else, do no harm! Born & raised in Clarendon Hills,never imagined a resident could do such a thing. God bless these children. This tragedy was not without clues and most likely, previous abuse! Protect the children!
jeff

United States

#25 Mar 29, 2006
I look into his eyes and hope, no pray, that justice is done. Lisa, I'm sorry.
jeff

United States

#26 Mar 29, 2006
Stop blaming the mother, people, I'm sure she feels bad enough.
Horrified

United States

#27 Mar 29, 2006
The mother should not be overlooked, but some questions remain unanswered. At the least she was an irresponsible parent, if not involved.

We all have the right to question this. Just as the police do. There is another child to be considered, and protected. Be very concerned about the mother.

She is defending the man who murdered horribly her daughter, and we aren't supposed to be suspect. Who will speak for the dead child who died, and represent her.
Clarendon Hills Resident

Manteno, IL

#28 Mar 29, 2006
Nobody ever said the mother is defending the husband. If people would listen to the news..she is helping the police with the investigation. And second..just because Lisa took the other child with doesnt mean she knew what was going on upstairs in a rather big house. The little boy may have gotten up and went downstairs no one really knows what happened. But don't blame the mother just because she was in the house.
Clarendon Hills Resident

Manteno, IL

#29 Mar 29, 2006
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Lofquist family and to Lauren too.
FORMER CH RESIDENT

United States

#30 Mar 29, 2006
jeff wrote:
Stop blaming the mother, people, I'm sure she feels bad enough.
NO QUESTION...WHAT A TRAGEDY. NO ONE IS REALLY BLAMING THE MOTHER-WE RECOGNIZE THAT THE FATHER COMMITTED THIS CRIME WITH NO ASSISTANCE! SEE THAT THE MOTHER'S ACTIONS DIDN'T HELP THIS SITUATION, BUT MAYBE, SHE WAS ABUSED AND TERRIFIED OF THIS MAN, TOO, AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.(THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY HER BEHAVIOR)THE FATHER IS THE "MONSTER" BUT THE MOM ACTED NEGLIGENTLY. I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS BLAMING THE MOM...JUST QUESTIONING HER BEHAVIOR AND WONDERING WHY SHE DIDN'T TAKE PROTECTIVE MEASURES OR IF SHE TRULY HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE THAT THIS MAN WAS CAPABLE OR HAD ANY KIND OF HISTORY. WE KNOW WHO THE MURDERER IS! GOD BLESS LAUREN AND HER BROTHER!
FORMER CH RESIDENT

United States

#31 Mar 29, 2006
jeff wrote:
I look into his eyes and hope, no pray, that justice is done. Lisa, I'm sorry.
AMEN!
concerned mom

United States

#32 Mar 29, 2006
Clarendon Hills Resident wrote:
Nobody ever said the mother is defending the husband. If people would listen to the news..she is helping the police with the investigation. And second..just because Lisa took the other child with doesnt mean she knew what was going on upstairs in a rather big house. The little boy may have gotten up and went downstairs no one really knows what happened. But don't blame the mother just because she was in the house.
WOW! YOU'RE VERY NON-JUDGMENTAL WHICH IS A GOOD THING...YOU'RE RIGHT NOT TO ASSUME THE MOM IS GUILTY OF ANYTHING AND IS COOPERATING WITH THE POLICE. SHE IS SUFFERING, TERRIBLY, NOW, I'M SURE. THE BIG HOUSE THING JUST DOESN'T WORK. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU CALL YOUR NEIGHBOR IN THE NIGHT TO WATCH YOUR ONE CHILD AND TAKE YOUR OTHER TO THE HOSPITAL (BECAUSE YOUR HUSBAND IS BLEEDING UNEXPLAINABLY) WITH YOU-WITHOUT CHECKING ON THAT CHILD, SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT.
Sue

Willowbrook, IL

#33 Mar 29, 2006
FORMER CH RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>NO QUESTION...WHAT A TRAGEDY. NO ONE IS REALLY BLAMING THE MOTHER-WE RECOGNIZE THAT THE FATHER COMMITTED THIS CRIME WITH NO ASSISTANCE! SEE THAT THE MOTHER'S ACTIONS DIDN'T HELP THIS SITUATION, BUT MAYBE, SHE WAS ABUSED AND TERRIFIED OF THIS MAN, TOO, AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.(THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY HER BEHAVIOR)THE FATHER IS THE "MONSTER" BUT THE MOM ACTED NEGLIGENTLY. I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS BLAMING THE MOM...JUST QUESTIONING HER BEHAVIOR AND WONDERING WHY SHE DIDN'T TAKE PROTECTIVE MEASURES OR IF SHE TRULY HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE THAT THIS MAN WAS CAPABLE OR HAD ANY KIND OF HISTORY. WE KNOW WHO THE MURDERER IS! GOD BLESS LAUREN AND HER BROTHER!
I totally agree!
Lin

Bolingbrook, IL

#34 Mar 29, 2006
concerned mom wrote:
<quoted text> WOW! YOU'RE VERY NON-JUDGMENTAL WHICH IS A GOOD THING...YOU'RE RIGHT NOT TO ASSUME THE MOM IS GUILTY OF ANYTHING AND IS COOPERATING WITH THE POLICE. SHE IS SUFFERING, TERRIBLY, NOW, I'M SURE. THE BIG HOUSE THING JUST DOESN'T WORK. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU CALL YOUR NEIGHBOR IN THE NIGHT TO WATCH YOUR ONE CHILD AND TAKE YOUR OTHER TO THE HOSPITAL (BECAUSE YOUR HUSBAND IS BLEEDING UNEXPLAINABLY) WITH YOU-WITHOUT CHECKING ON THAT CHILD, SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT.
Yeah, something definitely wasn't right. There is no way a Mom would take one kid & leave the other. She would take both, or leave both. And there had to be some level of racket considering what all happened to that poor girl. I can't believe no one heard anything. All I can figure is that she was abused too & was trying to figure out what to do. It's very hard for abused women to get out of situations, they fear what could happen if they try to leave. I used to be in an abusive situation. I now accept personal blame for what I did not protect my children from. It took a long time before I could "get out." And when you do get out, the abusers hold onto their promise to continue trying to hurt you. I think she knew. I think she was afraid of him.
jeff

Downers Grove, IL

#35 Mar 29, 2006
obviously you people have never been in an emergency situation, maybe calling a babysitter was enough if the child was supposed to be asleep.
Horrified

United States

#36 Mar 29, 2006
I have been in lots of emergency situations with kids, and ill spouses. No mother leaves one child takes the other, without at least knowing if that child was asleep or not. Also no one just takes someone to the hospital without asking "hey,how did you cut your hand." For that matter what mother of 2 doesnt know the difference between a wound that is superficial, as the hospital stated it was, and one that needs hospital care, she was an occupational therapist for goodness sakes. Especially since he had wandered out of the house once to a neighbors, and they sent him back home because he was speaking jibberish. Then she decided to take him to the hospital. Also the boy child got out of bed and couldnt sleep and came downstairs, but dad was still upstairs killing Lauren, wasn't she curious what he was doing from 8-9:30 alone with his supposedly sleeping daughter? And why didn't Lars go to his dad in the next room?

I don't think the mother did it, but i do feel for whatever reason she has, she is not telling the full truth. Her horror must be incomprehensible. But something else is going on here. They said that additional charges may be pending, it will be interesting to see what they are, and who they involve, if anyone.
CH Resident

Chicago, IL

#37 Mar 29, 2006
Don't you wonder why SO MUCH information was released so soon on an on going investigation? These details need not be for public scrutiny, but rather for highly trained professionals to piece together the crime and bring charges that will hold up in court for all involved. I hope we aren't heading for another Jon Benet Ramsey debacle. Lauren, rest in peace, little angel.
Local Mom

Chicago, IL

#38 Mar 29, 2006
What is wrong with you people? The harsh judgement of Lauren's mom is just one more horrifying thing to come from this tragedy. I think people are watching too many crime shows on TV. Let's show some compassion and keep the negative comments which are based on hearsay to ourselves.
Horrified

United States

#39 Mar 29, 2006
I think the fact that the babysitter found the body, and that Neil had been to the other neighbors, and they were all interviewed on tv may be why. This didn't happen in a vacuum, but in a neighborhood where all will feel the impact as will the families, of those involved. Pray for them all. As a mother of three, these acts are beyond my scope to understand.

Hold all your kids a little closer for Lauren.
Barbara

Bloomingdale, IL

#40 Mar 29, 2006
And to think you marry someone like that and have kids with them is scary. You really never know anyone, not even yourself. This world is so sick and disgusting every single day you hear about these poor children either being, beaten, molested or murdered it's so scary and who are we to think it won't happen to us. This is exactly why I do not want anymore children. I hope that son of a bitch gets what he deserves.
Barbara

Bloomingdale, IL

#41 Mar 29, 2006
Local Mom wrote:
What is wrong with you people? The harsh judgement of Lauren's mom is just one more horrifying thing to come from this tragedy. I think people are watching too many crime shows on TV. Let's show some compassion and keep the negative comments which are based on hearsay to ourselves.
These days you can't put anything past anyone. Remember that we come from a world that moms kill their own kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danny's Deli Closed (Apr '17) 10 hr Update 8
News Woman Charged After Allegedly Hiding Seafood in... (May '11) 11 hr dutcher72 2
News Glenbard making big progress on $100 million im... (Aug '15) 11 hr dutcher72 2
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 14 hr Attention 10,365
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) Sat Jimmy 4
Next mayor (Jul '16) Sat Jimmy 13
News Why the Cook County soda tax failed Oct 18 Common Sense 2

Clarendon Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarendon Hills Mortgages