DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville M...

DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville Mayor Job

There are 55 comments on the WJOL-AM Joliet story from Oct 24, 2012, titled DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville Mayor Job. In it, WJOL-AM Joliet reports that:

Former Romeoville mayor Fred DeWald has filed to run in next spring's municipal election to get his old job back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJOL-AM Joliet.

U must be joking

Romeoville, IL

#22 Nov 18, 2012
Obviously you are not close to the Mayor or anyone in the village. They are not nervous or worried about Dewald or McMicheal. They have a record to run on.
SERomeville wrote:
WOW! this really shaping up to be fun winter and spring. Noak is really worried and it shows. But ever since Fred pulled his petition person who's really paranoid is definitely our village manager.
steve

Wheaton, IL

#23 Nov 18, 2012
look out fat ass drunk trying to become mayor again anything is possible obama got in for a second term. no fat dewald
joe

Plainfield, IL

#24 Nov 20, 2012
once was enough
M T Pockets

Streamwood, IL

#25 Nov 21, 2012
Weber RD? He is restoring the east side of town. We do not need new businesses "Poppy-ing" up on Weber right now. We can gain a lot of revenue by fixing up the Rt 53 corridor and helping that side of town. There is an equal amount of traffic on 53 that we are not tapping into do to the lack of businesses to make people stop. John has my vote!
LakewoodGuy

Aurora, IL

#26 Nov 27, 2012
Not to mention that most of the hold up on Weber Rd is due to the lagging construction to widen the road. Once that gets done, you'll have a Sams Club and Meijer in there to go along with Walmart.

Please, it's an easy choice in my mind. Unless an actually viable contender comes out and can make a coherent case as to why he'd be a better Mayor than Noak, I won't be swayed.

Since: Oct 12

Romeoville, IL

#27 Nov 28, 2012
LakewoodGuy wrote:
Please, it's an easy choice in my mind. Unless an actually viable contender comes out and can make a coherent case as to why he'd be a better Mayor than Noak, I won't be swayed.
why does it have to be "He"??? we have many great women in this village that could do much better job than noak.
Village Resident

United States

#28 Nov 28, 2012
Ok, I'll bite. Who do you have in mind?
RHS Fan

Bolingbrook, IL

#29 Dec 11, 2012
Everyone else I talk to thinks Fred is an even worse idea.
iVote

Romeoville, IL

#30 Dec 22, 2012
Gulden is by far the best thing that ever happened in Romeoville government. If ever anyone earned their check around here its him and I am quite sure if he were no longer the village manager we all would lose out. He IS Romeoville plain and simple and his character should not be in question for anyone who knows the man.
Cowboy

Chicago, IL

#31 Dec 23, 2012
Didn't Fred get the village into several costly lawsuits against us?
Back to the Future

Chicago, IL

#32 Dec 23, 2012
Cowboy wrote:
Didn't Fred get the village into several costly lawsuits against us?
He was a wreck the first time.
ON THE GO

Bolingbrook, IL

#33 Dec 23, 2012
big Fred has other issues ...like did he pay taxes on all that campaign money he spent on himself ...wonder why he is trying to draw attention to himself ?? Village is working just fine under Noak I hope he and his crew keep up the good work. By the way i really doubt the insurance he has is 27000 a year, do your homework before posting drivel.
Romeoville-needs -change

Lady Lake, FL

#34 Dec 26, 2012
Do you really mean smoking Steve Gulden the man who even though its against the law smoke in his municipal vehicle. He left in the middle of the worst snow storm in 2011 to get a pack of cigarettes, got the village truck stuck and had to have it towed out by the Public works Department. They found mounds of cigarettes through the car. Disgusting and illegal. He uses Village employees to do personal things for him like ordering gifts or sports schedules for his kids teams. Never shows up for work on time and often leaves to take naps at home. He wouldn't even put his own son in Roeoville schools because he was worried about the bad influences on them. Great guy. Most people in our town don't know what they don't know. I don't know who is right for this town it is a race between a snid pompous Noak, drunk perverted ex mayor and a louid mouth ex football player. God help Romeoville.
iVote wrote:
Gulden is by far the best thing that ever happened in Romeoville government. If ever anyone earned their check around here its him and I am quite sure if he were no longer the village manager we all would lose out. He IS Romeoville plain and simple and his character should not be in question for anyone who knows the man.
1050Romeo

Romeoville, IL

#35 Dec 26, 2012
"snid pompous Noak"

Best one I hear in sometime!!!
I KNOW Public Works Department will make the right choice, only one choce that can be made.
I Believe

Romeoville, IL

#36 Dec 26, 2012
Please post any documentation to support what you have posted. I have found it to be very interesting that most people who write such things cannot deliver any proof such as a resource to the accusations. Steve Gulden is a good man and unless you can put your money where your mouth is you have no business posting such drivel.
Romeoville-needs-change wrote:
Do you really mean smoking Steve Gulden the man who even though its against the law smoke in his municipal vehicle. He left in the middle of the worst snow storm in 2011 to get a pack of cigarettes, got the village truck stuck and had to have it towed out by the Public works Department. They found mounds of cigarettes through the car. Disgusting and illegal. He uses Village employees to do personal things for him like ordering gifts or sports schedules for his kids teams. Never shows up for work on time and often leaves to take naps at home. He wouldn't even put his own son in Roeoville schools because he was worried about the bad influences on them. Great guy. Most people in our town don't know what they don't know. I don't know who is right for this town it is a race between a snid pompous Noak, drunk perverted ex mayor and a louid mouth ex football player. God help Romeoville. <quoted text>
I Believe

Romeoville, IL

#37 Dec 26, 2012
I believe you meant "snide."
1050Romeo wrote:
"snid pompous Noak"
Best one I hear in sometime!!!
I KNOW Public Works Department will make the right choice, only one choce that can be made.
Romeoville-needs -change

Lady Lake, FL

#38 Dec 27, 2012
What kind of documentation are you looking for? The pictures of him smoking in the village truck? I've seen it so many times and I know others have. Go ahead ask for a FOIA request on all of the maintenance done on his truck or work orders that show his truck had to removed from the snow. Ask any Public Works Employee if they know about it. Ask any office recreation employee what they know or administration. He is a joke and the funniest part is that his own staff know it. I don't have to prove anything to you but I encourage you whole heartedly to look into it. The employees know so much more than any residents realize on every department head, trustee and the mayor. Dig and ask questions it quite the funny story especially the snow one. The funniest part of the snow one is him not taking his cell phone and leaning up against a car and some guys with bats came out. Freakin hilarious. Gulden also forgot to put his own truck in park at a founders day parade a couple of years back and it lunged forward toward a crowd. So if those are the characteristics of a intelligent good man running the community god help romeoville. LOL Correct grammar all you want but it can't chage the truth. Ask Gulden about t. I encourage that to. Each him in us truck go ahead. When you have nothing to hide you hide nothing at all. Ask him ask employees. Do research. Educate yourself. How well do his department head really like him? Do they hold meetings he does know about? Do they make fun of him to their employees? Is he respected or feared? Questions lead to answers follow them. Once again good luck Romeoville.
I Believe wrote:
Please post any documentation to support what you have posted. I have found it to be very interesting that most people who write such things cannot deliver any proof such as a resource to the accusations. Steve Gulden is a good man and unless you can put your money where your mouth is you have no business posting such drivel.
<quoted text>
Really

Bolingbrook, IL

#39 Dec 28, 2012
I don't know which is worse Mongo or Fred? No thanks.
Fast n Fun

Bolingbrook, IL

#40 Dec 30, 2012
It would be fun to see those two buffoons got toe to toe though...LOL..Wait Give them both a twelve pack and a pint of vodka and let em go.. There would be some funny rambling on arguing followed by a good brawl. What a hoot that would be...
Roger

Chicago, IL

#41 Dec 30, 2012
Fast n Fun wrote:
It would be fun to see those two buffoons got toe to toe though...LOL..Wait Give them both a twelve pack and a pint of vodka and let em go.. There would be some funny rambling on arguing followed by a good brawl. What a hoot that would be...
That really is one of the funnest things I've seen on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 3 hr Agreed 10,261
MP Police selling raffle tickets on duty for th... 6 hr Ex-Melrose Parker 9
News Headscarf issue in mug shot illuminates conflic... 22 hr Seatbelt Dongbutter 7
Brothel in our community (Dec '16) Tue Omg 25
Poll Which Town is the Most Corrupt? (Feb '08) Tue ChasityG 26
what does brookfield look like now (Feb '08) Mon real thomas 2
News Nine Teenagers Charged with Alcohol Possession (Jul '15) Jul '15 Joe 1

Clarendon Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clarendon Hills Mortgages