DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville M...

DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville Mayor Job

There are 55 comments on the WJOL-AM Joliet story from Oct 24, 2012, titled DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville Mayor Job. In it, WJOL-AM Joliet reports that:

Former Romeoville mayor Fred DeWald has filed to run in next spring's municipal election to get his old job back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJOL-AM Joliet.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Possible

Romeoville, IL

#1 Oct 24, 2012
So it is possible that with three running one could pull votes from another leaving most of us with some one we don't want. I will not mention any names or point any fingers. All I will say is I hope and pray that the best person wins.
StoneROM ParkEOVILLE

Plainfield, IL

#2 Oct 24, 2012
WTF - A school bus driver, strip club mogul wanna-be, or a businessman. Okay the uneducated will probably get their way in this wonderful fine community. Good luck.
U must be joking

Romeoville, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2012
WTF? A disgraced mayor, a has been football player and one with a proven record of moving our town forward? Who is your choice?
whatever

Plainfield, IL

#5 Oct 27, 2012
True that Dewald had a drinking problem, but I think most mayors do. Have you heard about the Bolingbrook major, even Noak has meetings (w/alcohol)with Village money on Village property. Then drives home Hmmmmm. Dewald was the one that started this village going in the right direction and it was handed to Noak, so we can't give him all the credit for it. If Noak was such a good major why isn't there more places poppy up on Weber Rd. Yes the economy is still bad, but Weber Rd needs more stuff. GO DEWALD!!!!
You Ijit

Plainfield, IL

#6 Oct 27, 2012
whatever wrote:
True that Dewald had a drinking problem, but I think most mayors do. Have you heard about the Bolingbrook major, even Noak has meetings (w/alcohol)with Village money on Village property. Then drives home Hmmmmm. Dewald was the one that started this village going in the right direction and it was handed to Noak, so we can't give him all the credit for it. If Noak was such a good major why isn't there more places poppy up on Weber Rd. Yes the economy is still bad, but Weber Rd needs more stuff. GO DEWALD!!!!
Sure Dewald brought stuff to Romeoville - 99% Trucking Distribution so we can dodge more uneducated people driving semis on weber like they were sports cars. Ijit spoon fed from MSNBC much.
RHS Fan

Hazel Crest, IL

#7 Oct 27, 2012
whatever wrote:
Mr. Delusional is back. Dewald did nothing special for the development of this community. Anyone could have brought in development in the late 90’s early 00’s. Every single community in Will County had record development at that time. Heck even Crest Hill managed to get a few things. In fact, why don’t you ask your buddy Dewald how he screwed up the Menard’s deal? Or how he messed up the Costco deal and they went to Bolingbrook? The real question is why didn’t more come during Dewald’s time? Why did so many of the other communities get so many more things? Why did Dewald allow so many subpar housing developments to be built? Why did Dewald do NOTHING for the Rt. 53 corridor during his nearly 16yrs in village government? It is a lot more impressive to develop during the worst national recession in the last 60yrs. Dewald had his time. We’re moving forward the right way now.
RHS Fan

Hazel Crest, IL

#8 Oct 27, 2012
whatever wrote:
It is so sad how you minimize Dewald’s drinking issues. It’s even funnier that you think that is his biggest issue. Remember Dewald resigned in disgrace under a huge storm of scandals. We were the laughing joke of the county. It won’t take long for all that to come right back out. Whether he wants to pretend he’s “healthy” now or what. It’s still the same shame.
Lakewood Family

Romeoville, IL

#9 Oct 27, 2012
whatever wrote:
Wow you are really trying to stretch here. The village has never paid for alcohol on village property. Alcohol is SOLD by non-profits during concerts or donated during a very small number of special events. That is easy confirmed. Stop making things up to fit your excuses for someone else's drinking problem.
The current Mayor and board are doing a great job! Why would be go backwards.
BetchaFifty

Romeoville, IL

#10 Oct 27, 2012
Every mayor..including THE PRESENT ONE have their issues that they would prefer not be made public. Some are just better at covering it up(or so they think)
When the beans are spilled everyone is bound to get a lil on em! Just sayin.
CaresforRomeovil le

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Oct 28, 2012
StoneROM ParkEOVILLE wrote:
WTF - A school bus driver, strip club mogul wanna-be, or a businessman. Okay the uneducated will probably get their way in this wonderful fine community. Good luck.
You have a mechanic, football pro and not a businessman.....but a professional politician....NEVER really had a job!!!
Restore America

Plainfield, IL

#12 Oct 28, 2012
CaresforRomeoville wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a mechanic, football pro and not a businessman.....but a professional politician....NEVER really had a job!!!
You are so smart great come back.
Truth in the Ville

Romeoville, IL

#13 Oct 28, 2012
<quoted text>
He's another idiot that thinks he knows what he's talking about. I took the time to find out about the current Mayor's work background. It looks like your WAY off base. Turns out Mayor Noak's family didn't have much money growing up and he WORKED all through high school and college. Sometimes at multiple jobs at once just to make ends meet. Turns out both his parents are fully disabled and he worked overnight package handling jobs, warehouse jobs or whatever. WOW were you WRONG! It sounds like the current Mayor did a lot of real work!
Truth in the Ville

Romeoville, IL

#14 Oct 28, 2012
<quoted text>
So anyone that works in government is doing a real job?

Also explain to me how it is that ALL the UNIONS have endorsed Mayor Noak! Just look at the Labor Record. You are so fricken clueless.
YouOnlyCareAbout Yourself

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 28, 2012
<quoted text>
It seems like you were very wrong about this. Just shows us how scary and what depths some individuals will go to justify their own twisted view of the world.

From the looks of it the mayor worked very hard and got over some big hurdles to put himself through college. I don't see why you think it is a bad thing that an educated, experienced and hardworking individual is succeeding as our mayor.
stupid

United States

#16 Nov 4, 2012
whatever wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA you must be delirious, maybe out drinking with Freddy ?
lrt

El Monte, CA

#17 Nov 4, 2012
Truth in the Ville wrote:
<quoted text>
So anyone that works in government is doing a real job?
Also explain to me how it is that ALL the UNIONS have endorsed Mayor Noak! Just look at the Labor Record. You are so fricken clueless.
This is a blue collar town, you widget. Where the heck do YOU live? Folk here who are employed WORK for their living and many are in unions. Get it?
steve

Carol Stream, IL

#18 Nov 6, 2012
dewald sucks stay in your bottle fat boy
Carol Johnston

Champaign, IL

#19 Nov 16, 2012
Lets keep Romeoville moving forward.NO DEWALD!!!!!!
He is a true disgrace to our village.

Since: Oct 12

Romeoville, IL

#20 Nov 17, 2012
WOW! this really shaping up to be fun winter and spring. Noak is really worried and it shows. But ever since Fred pulled his petition person who's really paranoid is definitely our village manager.
SERomevilles Neighbor

Chicago, IL

#21 Nov 17, 2012
Wow is right. You are nuts! The only one that is worried is you.

You know those voices you keep hearing from the sky? That's the FBI still looking into your buddy Fred. You need to stop drinking the crazy coolaid.
SERomeville wrote:
WOW! this really shaping up to be fun winter and spring. Noak is really worried and it shows. But ever since Fred pulled his petition person who's really paranoid is definitely our village manager.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coal City and Braidwood Tornado Refief 2 hr POS 10
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland 2 hr Gone gone GONE 1,164
UPS Adverse weather conditions (Jul '10) 8 hr Painsomnia 127
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 10 hr WE THE PEOPLE 8,237
News Summit names Rodriguez to succeed Strzelczyk 13 hr Resident 1
Wawczak and Stark PURE SCUM Mon They r pure filth 103
News 2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) Mon its all about them 57
More from around the web

Clarendon Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Clarendon Hills Mortgages