Young blond woman's ghost haunts restaurant, legend says

It's that time of year when Country House restaurant workers in Clarendon Hills answer as many questions about their ghost as about their half-pound burger. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Doctor Nick

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 20, 2008
"diners...report strange noises in the bathroom."

not something you'd want to advertise, I'm guessing.
MWeb

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 20, 2008
There's an in-depth, hard-hitting article for ya.
Mark G

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 20, 2008
Country House rules. I go for the $2 Warsteiner special though, not Casper
Just observing

La Mirada, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2008
She keeps coming back to vote. That's how it works , right?
Dave

United States

#6 Oct 20, 2008
It's true. I've seen the ghost and even dated her for a little while.
Well

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 20, 2008
I was at the Country House years ago with family members and my sister and I went to use the restrooms. There was a young girl (about 8) ahead of my sister in the ladies room who upon coming out of the room told her mother that a lady in a blue dress helped her. No one else saw this lady go in or out of the room but we were told by the staff that their "ghost" wore a blue dress.
Being a guy I was was looking forward to having the apparition help me out at the mens room urinal to no avail.

“Life is a SPICORAMA”

Since: Sep 08

Springfield, IL

#8 Oct 20, 2008
Big deal. There is no place that has more ghost than Chicago City Hall.

Now that's spooky.
Seriously

New York, NY

#11 Oct 20, 2008
I totally love hearing these stories around Chicago! I am definitely going to check this place out !

“Life is a SPICORAMA”

Since: Sep 08

Springfield, IL

#12 Oct 20, 2008
Seriously wrote:
I totally love hearing these stories around Chicago! I am definitely going to check this place out !
FYI
City Hall will be closed on the day after Thanksgiving, on Christmas Eve and on New Years Eve. So, don't come down because all of the ghost will be on furlough.
Johnny

Memphis, TN

#13 Oct 20, 2008
Blonde is spelled with an "E" on the end, moron writers...
JRF

Carol Stream, IL

#14 Oct 20, 2008
It's really sad that a major newspaper would report a ridiculous story like this.
Big Tuna

Elk Grove Village, IL

#15 Oct 20, 2008
JRF wrote:
It's really sad that a major newspaper would report a ridiculous story like this.
Well they endorsed the Wizard of Ozbama for President...
Well

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 20, 2008
Johnny wrote:
Blonde is spelled with an "E" on the end,**** writers...
Mostly true in this case as the article is referring to a woman ghost.

Main Entry: 1blond
Variant(s): or blonde \ˈbländ\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Anglo-French blunt, blound, masculine, blounde, feminine
Date: 15th century
1: of a flaxen, golden, light auburn, or pale yellowish-brown color <blond hair> ; also : having blond hair <a blond man> —spelled blond when used of a boy or man and often blonde when used of a girl or woman
2 a: of a light color b: of the color blond c: made light-colored by bleaching <blond wood table>
— blond·ish \&#712;blän-dish\ adjective
Well

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 20, 2008
JRF wrote:
Why? Not getting you Britney, Paris or Brangelina fix today?
Country House ghost

United States

#19 Oct 20, 2008
BOO!

“Nothing beats good DNA”

Since: Nov 07

Mount Prospect, IL

#20 Oct 20, 2008
Ho hum! I usually gobble up stories of the paranormal, but this one left me wanting more.

Smell of perfume, footsteps, napkins flying??? Just another day in my kitchen!!!

Strange noises in the bathroom? Definitely!!

Certainly not worth the drive for me...
sailkees

United States

#21 Oct 20, 2008
I grew up not far from the Country House. Went to school with the boy who lived above the old bar there, long before it became the Country House. He and his brother told us about their encounters and I have friends who have seen her face in the top window. Interesting,I had never heard the baby part of the story? Having had my own experience with a ghost in an old home in Elgin, I do believe it is true but I do not believe today's diners' stories. The stories I heard from the 60's, 70's and 80's are more believable as that is before it became well known!
hellabella

Ellensburg, WA

#22 Oct 23, 2008
FTA:
"In any event, Halloween season means that ghost-seeking diners request Table 13, take pictures in which they claim to have captured "orbs" and report strange noises in the bathroom."

People once thought orbs were spooky and paranormal but after the realization that they are simply bugs or dust it's annoying that they're still being brought up as some sort of manifestation of spirits.
I believe in ghosts or spirits of some sort, but come on! If the only experiences you're having in a supposed haunted place are orbs in photographs then it's probably not. As for the noises in the bathroom... that's just probably from the half-pound burger.

Quit bringing up ORBS!!! They're NOT paranormal. Just clean your camera and dust the place every now and then.
snarmogs

Chicago, IL

#23 Oct 23, 2008
Poor Johnny has been corrected. He should have looked at the dictionary first. Who's the moron now?
brad

Plymouth, MN

#24 Oct 23, 2008
A skeptic I am not,and never have been. This is another great story to add to my "haunted restaurants" repitoir. There is a restaurant in St. Paul,Minnesota,that was a former residence until the mid-to-latter 1970's (Forepaugh's). For those who find it hard to believe,I'm hoping you get to have that "ghostly experience".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarendon Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 3 hr Stewpider 1,286
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) 7 hr enticeme2u 879
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago 8 hr reality is a crutch 1
Bolingbrook Soccer Coach Arrested 8 hr No room for Jason 214
Lenny Wawczak Courtroom Countdown Tue funnie 62
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) Tue FAITH 8,181
Slimeball Lenny Wawczak GUILTY Tue Ho Ho Paula 3
Clarendon Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clarendon Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clarendon Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clarendon Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:22 PM
Bears re-sign Austen Lane to replace Willie Young