spongebod

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

I may be wrong and please correct me if I am. But when the Chief of Police job came open and it was ran in your local paper, one of the things is that you must live within the city limits? If this is true then why does Chief Smith not and he has had plenty of time to establish an resident there. I think this problem should be addressed to either the council or ask to be put on the Agenda for the City Council Meeting: If I am wrong please correct me

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

That used to be a requirement of all police officers in Clarendon. Unfortunately, that requirement was lifted many years ago.

One thing that I don't agree on, and there could be an issue made of perhaps, is the Chief drives his police car back and forth from home to work. He lives in either Biscoe or DeValls Bluff, I can't recall.

So that's unnecessary miles being put on a city vehicle every day. Those miles add up over time and it's the city who will end up replacing the car earlier than normal because it has too many miles on it.

But wait, it's Clarendon and they're able to whatever they want and not what's "right."
imurdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

our chief has always lived in the city limits where i am from.how far does he live from the city limits?i think it should a concern.
imurdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

correction---I think it should be a concern.
spongebod

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Thank God that he seen fit for most of our family to be able to leave that little two faced hillbilly town! I thank God every day I don't live there anymore! But as I told my family that does if it a major concern go ask to be put on the Agenda! Call your paper and ask to get a copy of the Job Opening and the requirements when the Ad was run then you have in hand what you need to either back you up or shut you up!
WGB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

If He is doing his job leave him alone,I am sure the tax payers money as been spent on things less important in Clarendon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

WGB wrote:
If He is doing his job leave him alone,I am sure the tax payers money as been spent on things less important in Clarendon.
Oh, he's doing his job alright....as he picks and chooses who he wants to arrest and who he doesn't. MAJOR favoritism, to put it lightly. But that's the way it is with all law enforcement in this county, or so it seems.
WGB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

I HAVE HEARD THERE IS A LIST OF PEOPLE the cops are told to leave them alone in monroe county.

Since: Feb 10

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

LOL. Evidently Willie Farr the ex-Chief of Police and his wife weren't on that list!
WGB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

One of the best things clarendons ever done is get rid of that willie and his better hafe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

sweetpotatopie wrote:
LOL. Evidently Willie Farr the ex-Chief of Police and his wife weren't on that list!
Nicely said.:-)

(I've got a few interesting topics on my mind that I'm going to try to post later tonight, so stay tuned for that...)
imurdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

My mother told me about ex-Chief Farr getting fired for stealing from the Dollar Store and his wife had got into trouble too. What did his wife do to get into trouble? How did the new Chief earn his position of being the Chief of Clarendon?
mygal1973

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

When I left church this morning, Please tell me I did not see Lisa from DTF working for City of Clarendon, If so what is the problem? DO you not have a Chief that can stand behind his job and Hire Men for the department! Also I would like to sse who furnishes the gas for him to Drive the city owned vech to and from work! Hope it is not on the city and RECEIPTES can back that up.
1. Water rates goes up.

2. They are asking us to please vote for mileage increase for schools!

3. Gas money being put in city car when CHIEF is suppose to live within city limits!

4. Why can't they drive thier own vecch home and leave patrol car it city hall. Does all officers get to drive one home?

4. I think this is something that needs to be addressed to the Council or ask to be put on the Agenda for the Meeting!

5.People wake up this is OUR TAX MONEY:
mygal1973

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Also I am upset not only do we have to pay to have an ambulance here and Holly Grove gets advanges of it free but I hear City of Clarendon has been going on calls down there as well & leaving the city unprotected? IS THIS TRUE? OHHHHHH I bet Holly Grove reimburses them gas money and travel and payes them.....Is the Mayor aware of this? IF so lets all move to the Grove and we won't have the water,,,,ambulance and etc bills all we will have is the B---S----

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

imurdaddy wrote:
My mother told me about ex-Chief Farr getting fired for stealing from the Dollar Store and his wife had got into trouble too. What did his wife do to get into trouble? How did the new Chief earn his position of being the Chief of Clarendon?
I don't remember every exact detail, but this is the general idea...

Farr's wife was a dispatcher at the Monroe County Jail in Clarendon. Word got out that numerous people were being told they were going to be busted by the Drug Task Force so they would leave before the DTF would get there. It was obviously an inside leak. So by investigating numerous employees inside the Jail, they found out (via cell phone and email records, if my memory served me correctly) Mrs Farr was furnishing inmates with prohibited items including a cell phone and was having sex with one (or more?) of the inmates.

She was obviously fired and received a suspended sentence and probation.

More here: http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/...

They were both arrested for stealnig from the Dollar Store. You can read more about this here: http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Clarend...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

mygal1973 wrote:
When I left church this morning, Please tell me I did not see Lisa from DTF working for City of Clarendon, If so what is the problem? DO you not have a Chief that can stand behind his job and Hire Men for the department! Also I would like to sse who furnishes the gas for him to Drive the city owned vech to and from work! Hope it is not on the city and RECEIPTES can back that up.
1. Water rates goes up.
2. They are asking us to please vote for mileage increase for schools!
3. Gas money being put in city car when CHIEF is suppose to live within city limits!
4. Why can't they drive thier own vecch home and leave patrol car it city hall. Does all officers get to drive one home?
4. I think this is something that needs to be addressed to the Council or ask to be put on the Agenda for the Meeting!
5.People wake up this is OUR TAX MONEY:
Lisa and her husband Randy are both employed by the First Judicial Drug Task Force. I'm sure that if extra officers are needed for a local event, they'll volunteer and help out. I doubt if the city reimburses them for it.

As for the Chief driving his cruiser back and forth to his home, I'm sure the city pays for the that. I doubt it's part of his compensation package and the powers that be just look the other way. IF this were to come up at a City Council meeting, there's no doubt they'll just make an exception.

I'm unsure if the job requirements stated that the Chief had to reside within the city limits. I would certainly hope it would, but I didn't see it so I'm unsure. I do know that Chief Smith has had a RV/Camper down at the Clarendon RV Park (where Potlatch used to sit many years ago), but it has been moved recently and is no longer there.

I personally passed Chief Smith just this side of Biscoe on the morning of Thursday, February 11th as he was on his way to work. This was at approximately 6:30am, if my memory serves me correctly. And I've never seen his particular cruiser parked in Clarendon at night. It certainly isn't parked at City Hall.

The millage increase being proposed for the Schools is way overdue. There hasn't been a millage increase in Clarendon since 1993. That's 17 years of no increased taxes in that regard. So, yes, it's way overdue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

mygal1973 - if you want to know more information, some that I can't post, please email me at upforntben @ yahoo.
imurdaddy

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

I sure wouldn't work for free, but they should have records at the City Hall of who gets paid.It should be public record.
just asking

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

who is the chief in clarendon and does a female officer named laura work there

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

The Chiefs name is Jerrell Smith. There is a female officer here, but I'm unsure of her name.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of158
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Clarendon Forum right now

Search the Clarendon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
arkansas county judge 2 hr Finally satisfied 29
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 3 hr Siwhat 9,715
Mary Kirkdoffer 4 hr interesting 2
Jumping for attention 4 hr oh please 11
lets play drop a word add a word (Dec '12) 17 hr Monroe County Resident 908
hmm Thu hmm 1
Williams Thu Lol 3
•••
•••