Review: Sala Restaurant

Review: Sala Restaurant

Posted in the Clarence Forum

clarence regular

Olean, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2009
I went into Sala's for the first time last night...horrible atmosphere...chicken souvlaki was burned and dry....waitress tried to make it better by offering my free rice pudding...not worth the wait!
Clarence resident

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2009
Sala has been a breath of fresh air. Food is not as good as Orazios down the road, but way better for the money than next door.
mr nice guy

Athol, MA

#4 Jul 25, 2009
I've been in there several times after golfing with friends and every time the food was great. The pancakes are huge and I think they are the only restaurant in clarence that are open after 6pm on sunday.
Amherst Resident

New York, NY

#5 Sep 2, 2009
I have eaten at "Sala" several times since they opened their doors for business. I've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Sala and I haven't been disappointed once yet. The food is always superb, the portions are enormous, and the service is as good or better than any other restaraunt in its class. With all the times I've been in there, I have noticed they have a good following of regular customers (including many local celebrities and athletes) So they must be doing something right! I highly recommend to anyone that they stop in for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner and try it out.
Clarence Visitor

Cambridge, Canada

#6 Feb 4, 2010
This place was awful and I don't see them having much of a future. The food is microwaved! You can taste it and hear the beeps of the buttons. It's gross! We ordered Saganki, moussaka and chicken souvlaki. Saganki is supposed to be flambed at your table not nuked in a microwave. We couldn't even cut it with a steak knife at the edges. My moussaka was so old it was stale, the bechemel sauce was hard to cut through with my fork. It had a skin on it. The souvlaki was dry. I hardly ate and had to get some donut holes to get rid of the awful taste it left in my mouth. If you want microwaved food stick to the grocery store - it's cheaper, it tastes better and you know what you're getting into!
Clarence Regular

New York, NY

#7 Jul 29, 2010
Excellent!!!!!!!! I do not know what the previous writter is talking about I have ordered and can tell you the food is outstanding!!Cooked to order
not microwaved.
Debbi

Cambridge, Canada

#8 Dec 11, 2010
Yeah, sure. They're so excellent they're out of business in less than a year precisely as I predicted! I'm pretty sure the supporters are clueless or part of the restaurant itself trying to promote their horrible restaurant. Good riddance to their awful microwaved, old food!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill K shaves her Ladyparts (May '15) Aug 12 Nasty Clam 13
Arlan and Janice Wittlinger (Apr '09) Jan '16 Darryl T 4
News DJ Gets 25-Life in Fatal Stabbing (Nov '10) Dec '15 T Burt Sains 3
News Mllion Dollar Bail Set In Abuse Case (Dec '12) Dec '15 Sad face 6
Transportation Options (Aug '15) Aug '15 Chris 1
Jennifer howard (Feb '15) Feb '15 floydgyu 1
Drug epicdemic! (Jan '15) Jan '15 Desperate 1

Clarence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance