Man Falls In River, Loses Foot When W...

Man Falls In River, Loses Foot When Wall Collapses

There are 2 comments on the WMUR-TV Manchester story from Jan 4, 2011, titled Man Falls In River, Loses Foot When Wall Collapses. In it, WMUR-TV Manchester reports that:

A man cutting beams over the Sugar River in Claremont on Monday fell into the river and lost a foot when a retaining wall gave way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMUR-TV Manchester.

mike hodgkins

Woodstock, VT

#1 Jan 13, 2011
id like to set the story straight i had full permission to be where i was and to do what i was doing. i was cutting a lonesome piece of steel not a support beam. im not that stupid, the wall just suddenly fell with no warning at all a freak accident. the news papers printed all that slander just incase i decided to mtry to sue the city (which i would never do its not the cities fault it is mine i simply was working the river as i have for the last year. may i remind everybody i had permission from several business owners along the sugar river to obtane the metal in the river and on its banks. i really hope these news papers havent completely messed up all my chances of running a successfull salvaging business
Bob

Randolph, VT

#2 Jan 15, 2011
Unfortunately for you there have been none of these Business Owners to come forward and say that they had given you permission to be there. This is the reason that everyone will believe what is written in the news. I would be finding these business owners and get them to do a press release if you truly want to clear your name. I still wonder how you can get permission from business owners on the river and then be on city property doing salvage. I think there is more to the story and if that is the case, the media did a piss poor job of reporting it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1906 The Bndstand nr the Eagle Hotel (May '16) May '16 Rosie Smith-Hull 1
News PETA cancels 'Greased Pig on Ice' protest after... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Dr Wu 5
What Kasich keeps hidden from NH (Feb '16) Feb '16 Kasich Caution fr... 1
Hardy's Salve (Aug '08) Jan '16 rayK 13
Adam BAILEY (Jul '10) Dec '15 Sherry 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Grunt56 31
steven horsky (Nov '13) Jul '15 anom 2

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages