First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Just Asking

Lincolnton, NC

#1 May 3, 2009
Since this is a "Claremont" Forum, I'd like to ask a question: Can anyone enlighten us on one of the churches inside the Claremont city limits in which about 1/2 (or possibly more than 1/2) of the membership bailed out approximately 1 year ago?

It had to be something major for this to happen! Does anyone have details? I know what I've heard--I'm just trying to find out if this was ugly rumors or truth????? If it was the truth, then shame on a few people, but especially ONE PERSON!

Oh, BTW...it's not one of the churches along the main drag that sit side by side and it's not the one going out of town on Old Catawba Rd.

Details, anyone?????
Summer101

Jefferson, NC

#2 May 5, 2009
Which church are you talking about?
ByTheWay

Newton, NC

#3 May 5, 2009
Summer101 wrote:
Which church are you talking about?
First Baptist, Claremont
"The Reverend" Dennis Richards
claremontcitizen

Lincolnton, NC

#4 May 6, 2009
i'm not sure of the details, but i hear that some very disturbing evidence was uncovered. Would anyone care to elaborate? Also i can tell you that a few weeks back, members from this church were going door to door, seeking new members. Ummm...could it be that they have lost so many members that they are having a hard time paying their bills? Ummm....
claremontcitizen

Lincolnton, NC

#5 May 7, 2009
A vote was taken to get rid of the pastor. He buttered up enough members to vote him back in.(Well, I heard that the ballots weren't counted correctly). The ones who couldn't get past what he had done left the church. They had lost all respect for him.

I don't know how he can hold his head up in this town! And I always thought he was an honorable man! Some people can really disappoint you, can't they?

Oh...what did he do? I'll give you a hint: "Hanky Panky"...now I'll let somebody else explain the rest!
wiseoldowl

Lincolnton, NC

#6 May 21, 2009
yep,'hanky-panky' with a church choir member young enough to be his daughter, but i hear that she's certainly was not the first by any means! This split the church, but he used the "Jim Bakker method" and persuaded some naive members that nothing went on (even though there was evidence) and they (along with his wife) stood by him! Geez, Louise!
BibleSays

United States

#7 May 23, 2009
II Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
wiseoldowl

Greenville, SC

#8 May 28, 2009
BibleSays wrote:
II Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
The pastor of this church, like all other human beings (including the chick he was messing with), will appear before the judgment seat of Christ one day. So all you who feel you were wronged, believe me...THEY WILL PAY!

It's a sick feeling when someone you have looked up to lets you down in such a big way, isn't it?
claremontcitizen

Greenville, SC

#9 May 28, 2009
WiseOldOwl, you're right--and this pastor who claims such Godliness had just come through a life-threatening illness when all this mess came to light. Have ye no shame, preacher??? The wife is still sticking by him, but I wonder when she'll turn into another Tammy Faye and then the split...just like the Bakkers did!
manny

Greenville, SC

#10 May 29, 2009
claremontcitizen wrote:
WiseOldOwl, you're right--and this pastor who claims such Godliness had just come through a life-threatening illness when all this mess came to light. Have ye no shame, preacher??? The wife is still sticking by him, but I wonder when she'll turn into another Tammy Faye and then the split...just like the Bakkers did!
if her head was screwed on straight, she would split, as well as the hubby of the "precious choir member" that the preacher fell for! he should was his hands of her. she (choir member) has got problems, i hear, but the preacher--he's supposed to be a man of God! Huh..what a joke!

What's a man who just had a major organ transplant doing messing around with a gal young enough to be his daughter? God help him--he'll answer big time for this sin!
lucy

Greenville, SC

#11 May 30, 2009
BibleSays wrote:
whee, doggies...wait until this preacher appears b/4 the judgment seat!!!!
tired of idiots

Lincolnton, NC

#12 May 31, 2009
the same thing happened in hickory at temple baptist church on lenoir rhyne blvd. the pastor was peter west and he was caught with a church member as well. he is also the SON IN LAW of sheriff david huffman. now he works in caldwell county for dss. what a sicko.
manny

Greenville, SC

#13 May 31, 2009
tired of idiots wrote:
the same thing happened in hickory at temple baptist church on lenoir rhyne blvd. the pastor was peter west and he was caught with a church member as well. he is also the SON IN LAW of sheriff david huffman. now he works in caldwell county for dss. what a sicko.
When did this happen?

He shouldn't even be allowed to work for DSS! Yes, you're right...a real sicko for sure...just like Dennis Richards. It must be a Baptist thing!

So sounds like the Sheriff's son-in-law didn't convince his church members that he was innocent, like Dennis did. Or maybe they were just smarter than the dummies at Claremont Baptist, who still (some of the members) claim to believe that Jim Bakker (oops..I mean "Dennis Richards") has done nothing wrong. Warped minds is what they have! And Todd (husband of the gal he was "flinging" with)....bless his heart, is not real bright, and stayed with her and forgave her! Her & the Preacher Man are probably still at it!
wiseoldowl

Greenville, SC

#14 May 31, 2009
there are some naive people in this old world. or do they train their minds to believe only what they want to believe?
ByTheWay

Greenville, SC

#15 Jun 2, 2009
By the way, word has it that this was certainly not the first fling for this preacher! Yet some of his "disciples" still can't see the truth, even though it's stared them down smack dab in their faces!
think about it

United States

#16 Jun 2, 2009
Maybe we should realize that these people need our prayers more than our judgment. Yes, they will be judged for their sins but for believers, all sins are covered by Jesus' blood. Including adultery - if that's true about these people. Only God knows the truth about each situation.

Let's not forget that gossip is sinful as well - it does not build up others, it tears down the Kingdom - just what Satan likes to see - especially when someone as prominent as a preacher falls into sin. And I believe it is still gossip and definitely destructive here on a blog where it is very public but you get to hide behind a user name. So, the sin of gossip displayed here is actually worsening the effect of the sins of others. Hmmm...
ByTheWay

Greenville, SC

#17 Jun 3, 2009
think about it wrote:
Maybe we should realize that these people need our prayers more than our judgment. Yes, they will be judged for their sins but for believers, all sins are covered by Jesus' blood. Including adultery - if that's true about these people. Only God knows the truth about each situation.
Let's not forget that gossip is sinful as well - it does not build up others, it tears down the Kingdom - just what Satan likes to see - especially when someone as prominent as a preacher falls into sin. And I believe it is still gossip and definitely destructive here on a blog where it is very public but you get to hide behind a user name. So, the sin of gossip displayed here is actually worsening the effect of the sins of others. Hmmm...
hmmmm....wonder who wrote this--had to be either Jim Bakker or the F.B.-Claremont preacher himself. Most likely, the latter.
wiseoldowl

Greenville, SC

#18 Jun 5, 2009
Wise Old Owl says: Hanky Panky like this leads you to the gates of HELL !!!!!!!!!! Best listen to Owl.
Digital

Hickory, NC

#19 Jun 6, 2009
I don't believe that about Peter West.
ByTheWay

Greenville, SC

#20 Jun 6, 2009
Digital wrote:
I don't believe that about Peter West.
I don't know Peter West, but sure do know Dennis Richards and sure do believe that Dennis Richards is a snake who prides himself on deceiving his congregation and who has had multiple affairs and who has a wife who is too blind or too naive (or something) to see him for what he is! And Tina Reed (the choir member)has a naive, forgiving husband who should have thrown her out for what she and Preacher did, but guess he's just like Mrs. Richards. They have spouses who are too good for them! Plus there is much more regarding the Preacher than just the affairs...so much more. But looks like he has the power over certain church members to make them believe he is innocent of everything. I'm telling you..the man is a Jim Bakker!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Stores of Valley Hills Mall (May '13) 23 hr crysknife 30
licence check - NOW !! Entrapment (Jun '13) Sun Green B 56
Divorce Attorney Recommendations Sun Scott 9
Are they putting trampoline park into old hh Gr... Sun God-fearing Adven... 8
AA Entertainment (Mar '12) Apr 17 Morgan 83
kesha lyalls Apr 17 Just an outsider 2
The Station Apr 16 Brain Buster 1

Claremont Jobs

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages