New Stores Coming to Hickory

Posted in the Claremont Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Hickycity

Gaffney, SC

#1 Apr 3, 2007
I always try to stay informed on new businesses coming to Hickory. I know this much about whats coming:

Familiar with the new Circuit City that just relocated to the Valley Corners Shopping Center on Hwy 70? Ever wonder what they are adding on beside it? Well its going to be a Ross Dress Store, Petco, a new Michaels, and another undisclosed business right now, possibly a sport or shoe store. The shopping center will be renovated as well, and completion is slated for the end of 2007.

Beside Chuck E Cheese on Catawba Valley Blvd near the Carmike Theatre, is a Steak N Shake planned, will be completed by years end.

The land up and down Catawba Valley Blvd up to Startown Rd is for sale zoned commercial. Interesting to see what will be built.

Anyone hear any rumors or additions to new businesses, please post!
Hickycity

Gaffney, SC

#2 Apr 3, 2007
Also a Walgreens is being planned on Hwy 127 in Hickory, and the new Lowes Home Improvement Center will open this year too, whichis located on Hwy 127.
judge not

Simpsonville, SC

#3 Apr 4, 2007
I'd just like to see that Walmart in GF go up. I heard they ran into an unmarked graveyard which has once again halted the building process. I'm tired of having to go to Hickory for EVERYTHING!
Lola from NC

Columbia, SC

#4 Apr 4, 2007
judge not wrote:
I'd just like to see that Walmart in GF go up. I heard they ran into an unmarked graveyard which has once again halted the building process. I'm tired of having to go to Hickory for EVERYTHING!
Go to Lenoir.

The traffic on 321 between Hickory and Lenoir is the worse traffic I have ever driven in besides Atlanta.

Why, you ask?

Bottle Neckers!

People who drive in the inside lane! They hold up traffic and cause accidents.

I have actually driven beside people for miles who all of a sudden swerved over to exit right.

Can someone please tell me what is the attraction of driving in the inside lane????
Hickycity

Gaffney, SC

#5 Apr 4, 2007
judge not wrote:
Well there was a new Walmart built in Conover, a very nice Walmart at that, so that takes care of the people from the east side of Hickory. When the one in Granite Falls opens, it will take care of those on the west side of Hickory. So then hopefully the Walmartm in Hickory will quiet down!
Hickycity

Gaffney, SC

#6 Apr 11, 2007
Another update is in the old Media Play store beside Toys R US. Media Play went out of business nationwide a few years ago. They had a store in Hickory connected to Toys R Us that has sat empty ever since. It is now being renovated as a Hamricks will be moving in soon.
Dawn

Miami, FL

#7 Apr 13, 2007
I will be moving to Hickory in October and Ross is a great store, very affordable and they have a great selection. Great news!
Hickycity wrote:
Well its going to be a Ross Dress Store. Interesting to see what will be built.
Anyone hear any rumors or additions to new businesses, please post!
Hickycity

Gaffney, SC

#8 Apr 14, 2007
Dawn, I believe the closest Ross is in Mooresville, close to an hours drive. The Ross Dress for Less in Hickory should be completed some time this summer. Congrats on your move to Hickory and if you need anymore info, let me know.
Hickycity

Simpsonville, SC

#9 May 25, 2007
The other store besides Ross, Micheals, and Petco being built there will be a Rack Room Shoes.

Also I have heard that a major medical complex is being prepared for somewhere off of Tate Blvd and Mcdonald Parkway.

In the Charlotte Observer, it was printed that the land between the interstate and Barnes and Noble shopping area, is a mixed use retail/office and upscale apartments being planned.
lisa lisa

Hickory, NC

#10 Jun 24, 2007
New Super Walmart is beautiful (Hwy 16 Conover) Any news on what will be built around it? Need some restaurants and other shops in the area!!
Stew

Charleston, SC

#11 Jul 11, 2007
A new shopping center is coming to NC 127 where Yesterdays was. It will house a Panera Bread as an anchor.

Since: May 07

Port St, Lucie, FL

#12 Jul 11, 2007
Is Panera Bread really popular in NC? Isn't there one on 70 in Hickory? Where is NC 127? In Conover? We are moving to Newton in a few months.
Hickycity

Simpsonville, SC

#13 Jul 12, 2007
ddlove wrote:
Is Panera Bread really popular in NC? Isn't there one on 70 in Hickory? Where is NC 127? In Conover? We are moving to Newton in a few months.
I dont know of many Panera Breads in NC. The closest possibly in Mooresville. There is not a Panera Bread on Hwy 70.

Hwy 127 runs right through the center of Hickory north to south. The Panera Bread will be located off of Hwy 127. It will be the first one in Hickory.
jkline

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Jul 16, 2007
I hear that a Walgreens coming in the Old Villa Park area in Conover off Hwy 70.
viddyo

Greenville, SC

#15 Jul 17, 2007
If I remember correctly, reading in the Hickory paper several months ago, there was a story indicating that one of the stores beside the newly relocated Circuit City is supposed to be a "Bass Pro Shops"-type of store. Don't know if that's still in the works or not, but I just remember hearing about it some time ago.
Hickycity

Simpsonville, SC

#16 Jul 17, 2007
Yeah that was the rumor for a while, but as listed above it will be a brand new Michaels, Ross Store, Rack Room Shoes, and some other smaller store.

I heard that Bass Pro looked at the area when Kmart closed down, but decided on Mooresville instead. Hunting is alot bigger in Hickory, so I would think the store would have performed better in Hickory than the bedroom city of Mooresville, but oh well.
jkline

Spartanburg, SC

#17 Jul 18, 2007
Cabela's,Bass Pro or Gander Mt would all do well in Hickory. We need a mega hunting/fishing store.
Hickycity

Simpsonville, SC

#18 Jul 18, 2007
jkline wrote:
Cabela's,Bass Pro or Gander Mt would all do well in Hickory. We need a mega hunting/fishing store.
I completely agree. And to clarify my previous post, I meant that Gander Mountain was looking at the old Kmart site, but went to Mooresville instead. Ive been to the Gander Mountain in Mooresville a few times, it never seems busy. While Mooresville is booming with newcomers and a population explosion, I think they picked the wrong market for a outdoors type of store.

( I hope a developer is reading these forums!)
tired of it all

United States

#19 Jul 19, 2007
Lola from NC wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Lenoir.
The traffic on 321 between Hickory and Lenoir is the worse traffic I have ever driven in besides Atlanta.
Why, you ask?
Bottle Neckers!
People who drive in the inside lane! They hold up traffic and cause accidents.
I have actually driven beside people for miles who all of a sudden swerved over to exit right.
Lola It's a religous cult in Caldwell County :) The devil is in the cars that travel in the Right Hand Lane. Get too close and he'll reach out & get you. Make the faster cars go by you on the right and when they pull back over to left lane slow down until they get 3-4 car lengths in front.
Can someone please tell me what is the attraction of driving in the inside lane????
Lola - It's a Religious Cult here in Caldwell County. The devil is in the trunk of all cars in the right hand lane & if you get too close he'll reach out & grab you. Stay in the left hand lane and if a car passes and gets into the left lane...slow down until that car is 3-4 car lengths in front of you.
tired of it all

United States

#20 Jul 19, 2007
Lola there has also been a theory the there is a "Bermuda Triangle" type mystery from the Hickory Bridge to the Lowe's Hardware turn-off in Lenoir. Not that the people dissappear, the just lose the ability to drive with any common sense or understanding of common courtesy of driving on the road. I have driven twice beside a woman who read a book from the CVS to the crossroads in Lenoir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hkry Christmas parade 9 hr Extremists Dem Ra... 2
confederate flag fliers [shameful] Tue Extremists Dem Ra... 9
JEFFERSON DAVIS Greatest President(CSA) In History Tue humble and grateful 97
direct tv....worse than horrible Tue GARY BEARD 1
Toothless Inbred Mouth-breathing Cousinfuckers(D) Nov 19 phallic pacifier 27
valley hills mall (Jan '09) Nov 19 distant memories 44
where is the best fried chicken locally (Jul '12) Nov 18 Fat Lips Youdaman 54

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance