59th pits former Minuteman against former deputy

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

When Assemblyman Anthony Adams, R-Claremont, voted for a tax hike early last year, he set in motion a much more interesting chain of events than voters in the 59th Assembly District could have imagined.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2010
Concerned Claremonter

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Why is he called a "former Minuteman"? Has he turned away from his xenophobia and renounced the idea of people taking federal law into their own hands? If not, please don't call him "former." People should know what this man is really about.
Barney

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

What's wrong with with concerned citizens doing their part when their government fails them?
Taxpayer

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Uh... Anthony Adams did not "Overcome and unsuccessful recall campaign". The recall was obviously successful in collecting enough signatures, but the Registrar of Voters, the despicable Kari Verjil, rigged the process by unilaterally declaring far more signatures invalid than the sample suggested. The only overcoming that was done was against the integrity of the recall process. If we had an open, honest, fair, and democratic system an San Bernardino County, Verjil would be in prison right now and Anthony Adams would not be sitting in the legislature collecting a fortune in salaries, per diems, car allowances, etc., etc., etc.
disabuser

Richmond, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Wasn't the candidate Donnelly beat in the primary someone who works for this newspaper's parent corporation? http://lancaster2010.com/bio.html

I have to wonder why the Democrat candidate is not identified as a college professor, her current occupation, rather than her past occupation, in the article and it headline.
edd

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Way to go "Sun", you are trying to split up the Republican vote by naming the AIP and Libertarian who will draw from the Republican. Why didn't you name the Green Party candidate who normally draw from the Dems?
Reality Check

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

So we have a choice between a businessman that PAID his own way through high school and college, and has been a productive member of society, and a college professor, who served on an appointed board (most likely at an inflated salary relative to the number of meetings per month). While the Minuteman served on the border at his own expense, the college professor got paid to sit at a meeting and vote on parolee's.
Donnelly wants to cut taxes, cut off entitlements to illegal aliens, shred regulations, reform tort law, and repeal AB32; Woods want to raise taxes on "corporations who don't pay their fair share" (Quote from this newspaper) coddle illegals, increase regulations, ignore the frivolous lawsuit crisis, and "tweak" AB32.
The choice is clear! Now it is up to the people to decide! Get out and make your voice heard on Nov 2nd.
Just Saying

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Hey Rufus, why don't you tell the readers why Your favorite SEIU candidate Darcel Woods is no longer a deputy?????????

Was she fired for cause?????? Could it be a disciplinary cause???

Why don't you tell your 10 readers what she said in 09'???? Here let me help you do your job.

Here is Dracel in her own words....

"For those of you getting to know me, let me tell you a little about myself. I moved to the Pomona Valley in 1963 with my Teamster father and educator mother. My work history includes 10 years as a peace officer at both the county and state levels. Eighteen years as a college professor at Mt. SAC and Chaffey College." (THE VOORHIS VOICE
A Liberal Voice of the Inland Empire
October 2009)

Right there Rufus, she was only employed with the sheriffs office and "Other" law enforcement agencies for ten years. But she has been working within the education field far longer; why not mention that Dufus??????

Darcel goes on to say...

"I have been a labor union member my entire professional career. I believe in their value for working families and support them in their efforts to maintain their hard fought ground with employers. We need legislators who support that school of thought." (THE VOORHIS VOICE
A Liberal Voice of the Inland Empire
October 2009)

Darcel has never signed both side of a paycheck!!!
Darcel has never had to make payroll!!!!
Darcel has taken from the taxpayers her whole life
Darcel has SEIU's back, not the taxpayer!!!!
Darcel is a Liberal Public college professor!!!!
Rufus is a Liberal newspaper reporter!!!

Just Saying
just said

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

One went through the academy and served on the force. The other went to an army surplus store and pretended to be a federal agent.

I am sure Donnally will be a pretend assemblyman too when he gets stuck in the dinky office. The 59th has had a history of idiots, Adams and Mountjoy..
Clown Patrol

Apple Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Taxpayer is wrong about the Adams recall. This was organized by opportunistic outsiders. I personally observed the carelessness of some of the petition collectors, who signed up anybody they could, including non-voters and other district residents because they were being paid per signature. It was no surprise that this recall legitimately failed. And, I'm no fan of Adams.

This minuteman identification of Donnally concerns me, since we've already had a number of far-right legislative losers representing this District.
John Wurm

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Darecel Woods is a liberal college professor who has been in a public employee union for her entire adult life. She has no knowledge or interest in free enterprise. She sees taxpayers as a revenue source for wasteful govt. programs and govt. elites.

Tim Donnelly will represent the taxpayer, not the tax taker. The only hope for our state is to get 41 Tim Donnelly's in the Assembly, 21 in the Senate and 1 as the Governor.
Belle

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

I'd rather see a person who worked hard and like just saying said, "someone who signs both sides of a paycheck" than some who gets their paycheck from hard working taxpayers. These liberals need to get a job in private sector.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at August 21 at 9:32AM PDT

•••

Claremont News Video

•••
Claremont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Claremont People Search