Local rules hazy for pot measure

Local rules hazy for pot measure

There are 136 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Sep 18, 2010, titled Local rules hazy for pot measure. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Carry it, grow it, but don't expect to buy it. A Nov. 2 ballot measure could legalize marijuana in California, but even if it passes, Inland Empire residents likely won't to be able to buy a dime bag at their local 7-11. Proposition 19, if passed, would make it legal for any California age 21 or older to grow marijuana and carry up to one ounce of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
California Sun

Long Beach, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2010
Redneck noise.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 19, 2010
If politicians refuse to recognize the voters of California (as they have on 215), we need to vote them out of office. It is time for change anyhow. I see where alcohol companies have made a major contribution to defeat prop. 19. Hmmm... booze and politicians. Quite a couple! Let us work to pass prop 19 and vote to remove any politician that works to undermine ANYTHING that we, the taxpaying voters of this state, pass.
the only wat to fly

Kapolei, HI

#3 Sep 19, 2010
love those red-eye flights
luvourmother

United States

#4 Sep 19, 2010
Those mayors and leaders will change their stance once they realize they will not be re-elected.
Sober Till It Passes

Chino, CA

#5 Sep 19, 2010
I really hope 19 passes. Even if I can't pick up weed locally, I'm sure there will be ways around it. Medical marijuana has delivery service so I guess I can take that rout. It won't be long after it passes till you will start to see weed being sold near you. The government/ law officials need to get off this illegal pile of gold and start sharing it legally. They have had over 70 years of this failed prohibition on marijuana and now it is time for the people of California to take a stand. Marijuana is already more highly available than alcohol, doesn't this tell you anything. It needs to be controlled not by prohibition but by regulation. Vote YES on 19.

Since: May 10

Diamond Bar, CA

#6 Sep 19, 2010
The Mayor needs to chill out dude!
Interesting how Federal law has to be enforced except for immigration.
AlansK

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2010
Prop 19 is not perfect (what is?) but it's a huge step in the right direction. Vote Yes on prop 19
Jeff

Montgomery, AL

#8 Sep 19, 2010
This law is a complete sham and its part of the push to eventually legalize all drugs.

Simple common sense will tell you that the Compassionate Use Law has been a disaster. How many pot shop business licenses were allocated for LA County alone and how many more opened without a license? Then you have day time robberies of these pot shops and people getting prescriptions for marijuana from in house doctors for things such as headaches and depression and then they get inebriated from weed. It's a complete joke.

People use marijuana to get high plain and simple. The Compassionate Use Act sold the sale of marijuana under the false pretense of pain relief, but there as THC pills that offer the same pain relief without the ability to get high. Therefore marijuana is nothing more than a crutch for users, however they justify their illness, to get high.

How the state of California is able to supersede federal law is beyond me. Obama goes out of his way to blast Arizona attempting to supersede federal immigration law but then he says that the feds won’t prosecute for possession of marijuana. Unbelievable.

One more thing. How does your local pot shop, in any way at all, contribute to the greater good for your community? It doesn’t. The negatives will far, far out way any positive.
Rasta mon

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Sep 19, 2010
ya know da gongi iz weak likes da poleece here mon.
This is not America

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Sep 19, 2010
Wow...I thought in this country if the citizens voted for an item and it passed, that was enough to make it a law. But now we have tyrants at both the federal and local level who are not going to permit this. History has provided us with the understanding of that is how dictatorships are born.
The original law banning the use, possession, and cultivation of marijuana from the 1930's was created for the sole purpose to deport Mexicans and Mexican- American during the Great Depression from the Southwestern part of the United States. Although a federal report at that time demonstrated that there were no harmful effects from the use of marijuana, the political leaders of that time still encouraged maintaining the law to ban it in order to justify deporting Mexicans and Mexican-Americans from the U.S. although constitutionally illegal. But then again, political leaders in our country from time to time will break the law and enforce their own opinions rather than the voice of the people.
What is next? Will women lose the right to vote or will the reestablishment of the Jim Crow Laws happen because the needs of their constituates doesn't agree with personal opinions? Wake up America... this is how dictatorships are born and tyrants become entrenched.
This is just another account of how personal rights and freedoms in this country are slowly evaporating because our politicalship seeks to satisfy a status-quo they represent rather than the voice of the people.
Don't be surprized if the next time you attend a public gathering the chant will be "Sieg Heil" because that is direction our republic is headed.
This is not America

Moreno Valley, CA

#11 Sep 19, 2010
Jeff wrote:
This law is a complete sham and its part of the push to eventually legalize all drugs.
Simple common sense will tell you that the Compassionate Use Law has been a disaster. How many pot shop business licenses were allocated for LA County alone and how many more opened without a license? Then you have day time robberies of these pot shops and people getting prescriptions for marijuana from in house doctors for things such as headaches and depression and then they get inebriated from weed. It's a complete joke.
People use marijuana to get high plain and simple. The Compassionate Use Act sold the sale of marijuana under the false pretense of pain relief, but there as THC pills that offer the same pain relief without the ability to get high. Therefore marijuana is nothing more than a crutch for users, however they justify their illness, to get high.
How the state of California is able to supersede federal law is beyond me. Obama goes out of his way to blast Arizona attempting to supersede federal immigration law but then he says that the feds won’t prosecute for possession of marijuana. Unbelievable.
One more thing. How does your local pot shop, in any way at all, contribute to the greater good for your community? It doesn’t. The negatives will far, far out way any positive.
Hmmm...in comparasion to the supply, manufacturing, and consuming alcohol how is this different?
the skinny

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Sep 19, 2010
How about recognizing the sanctity of our homes? If people grow it home and use it home, they have no problem. Drive and you are busted, big fine. If you can hit for $250 for driving in the carpool lane, then $1,000 for driving while loaded. Time to stop the silly incarceration for so many people. Free up the police to deal with real criminals.
Kim

Kapolei, HI

#13 Sep 19, 2010
Any politician who supports this, will find him or herself voted out of office.
Bob

Torrance, CA

#14 Sep 19, 2010
As a returning Redlands resident I would like to let Mayor Pat know that I will be working against him in any election he enters even Dog Catcher. Yes I know we don't vote for Dog Catcher. That he is so set against this regardless of the way people may or may not vote shows that he has no business representing anyone. I don't give a damn if he changes his mind after the election.
grow weeds

Huntington Beach, CA

#15 Sep 19, 2010
Wasnt There wrote:
The Mayor needs to chill out dude!
Interesting how Federal law has to be enforced except for immigration.
Excellent observation.
Highlander

Huntington Beach, CA

#16 Sep 19, 2010
California Sun wrote:
Redneck noise.
Upland Mayor last seen leaving local tavern...
VOTE YES

Downey, CA

#17 Sep 19, 2010
VOTE YES ON PROP 19!!

Don't let these damn politicians undermine the tax payers!

VOTE YES ON PROP 19!!
montclair resident

Whittier, CA

#18 Sep 19, 2010
Just legalize the dam weed!!!Who ever wants to smoke it go ahead and enjoy,Its your choice as it is with cigarretes and alcohol,We know its bad for you but its your choice.And for you who say that marijuana leads to other drugs,that is a pile of caca!!!If it leads to other drugs that would be due to the persons weakness as is the alcohol.If you want to go to which one would kill you firs?I would say first place goes to cigarrets second goes to alcohol.Dont you think??
right

Santa Monica, CA

#19 Sep 19, 2010
What is going to be taxed if on grows his own???? Tokers grow there own now anyway.
right

Santa Monica, CA

#20 Sep 19, 2010
Bob wrote:
As a returning Redlands resident I would like to let Mayor Pat know that I will be working against him in any election he enters even Dog Catcher. Yes I know we don't vote for Dog Catcher. That he is so set against this regardless of the way people may or may not vote shows that he has no business representing anyone. I don't give a damn if he changes his mind after the election.
What are you going through withdrawls????? Can't toke don't vote

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Chosen Traveler 35,540
Review: Malinda Hurley 19 hr malinda 1
Glendora city council must start taking charge! (Aug '17) Sun Farnsworth 6
emoaf Feb 16 Lou Collins 4
9210 Rochester Ave. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 (Aug '17) Feb 16 Lou Collins 25
News Upland teacher's sex abuse case will now go to ... (Apr '10) Feb 14 Kornho Granny 20
News La Verne special needs teachera s aid accused o... Feb 13 Kornho Granny 6

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages