Amgen Tour bicycle race to hold stage from Claremont to Mt. Baldy i...

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

One of cycling's well-known races will be rolling up and over Inland Valley foothills in May.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated May 18, 2011
Very Cool

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Send the race up GMR, down the east fork, and then back up the full front of the mountain from the very bottom of Mt Baldy Road in Claremont.

Also, a little, minor maintenance is needed by the city/county. Please trim the weeds back that are encroaching the south shoulder of Mt. Baldy Rd. just east of Padua below the first hill, and clean up the rock/dirt debris along that first hill, too. You're going to have a lot more riders along there now.
Peanut Gallery

Pomona, CA

#2 Oct 8, 2010
Yay!!!
Keith Hunt

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 May 18, 2011
The Mt Baldy Chamber of Commerce states that parking on the mountain will be at a premium on race day.

Reserved parking spaces are available at the Finish Line in the Mt Baldy Ski Area parking lot.

Only 100 spaces are available.

These reservations are the only guaranteed way to get through the CHP road closures.

For more information on reserved parking spaces are available at http://www.mtbaldy.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendora city hall hides more meetings 1 hr 19th holes 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr tottal 15,969
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Reverend Alan 200,618
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,102
Sandy Valentine exhibits herself 5 hr country clubbers 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr punch tips 7,935
•••

Claremont News Video

•••
•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Claremont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE