Motorcycle rider who died after Mt. B...

Motorcycle rider who died after Mt. Baldy collision identified

There are 26 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Mar 15, 2010, titled Motorcycle rider who died after Mt. Baldy collision identified. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Officials have identified the motorcycle rider who died Sunday after slamming into a truck on Mt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KnarfsFriend

Canton, OH

#21 Mar 30, 2010
Erik wrote:
Thank you for all your support out there.... This was one of my good friends that I grew up with and I was also with him on that mountain when it happen....I was the the first rider of the 4. Jason was the 3rd in the pack. We ride together all the time and I could tell you first hand that Jason was not the guy going up the hill like a bat out of hell. He would always ride with in his limits. It didn't mater how fast we were going.. no one can survive an dead stop impact even at 30 mph..It was the timing that was bad...The old man and his family were very sad and sorry that this has happen. It was a accident that no one wanted to happen. The problem is that there should not be a turn out right after a blind curve. People also have to use better judgment on where you perform your U turn. If you can't do it safely then don't do it at all. We have all done this before because we were in a hurry etc... Jason "Starky" will be missed.....
Erik... Jason "Knarf" was an old friend from high school. Would you be willing to email me and tell me a little bit about what happened? His friends and I are grieving; we lost touch up until a year or so ago but Knarf was never good at keeping in touch. If you read this, please email me at [email protected]
Kathy

Lake Elsinore, CA

#22 Apr 2, 2010
TO IDIOT DRIVERS wrote:
Man this pisses me of, and I don't ride.
I know how this can happen, because IDIOT drivers pull out in front of me regularly and I'm in a car.
Was his signal on?
People just don't pay attention. The driver should go to jail for reckless driving, but wont because they allegedly obeyed the law.
Well he didn't, because if he did, this young man would be alive.
It probably went something like this:
The driver said he cleared traffic to his left, then fidgeted with is radio, drank some water, and then initiated a U-turn basically without looking. Then drove directly into the pathway of the motorcycle.
I live in Mt Baldy and am appalled that the driver of the truck has not been charged with a crime. The fact is he was negligent and it cost someone their life. Last time I checked it was illegal to make a U turn across a double yellow line, regardless of how careful he thinks he was he was 100% in the wrong and should pay the price for his poor decision, after all he took a life, and changed the lives of those who knew and loved him forever.
Marcus Aguirre

Westminster, CA

#23 Apr 5, 2010
Wasnt There wrote:
Speed limit is 45. I doubt the Ducati was observing the posted limit. You have two types of riders on the mountain. The big bikes who chug along and enjoy the ride and the rice rockets who pass even inside the tunnels.
before you go making assumptions you sohuld know that this man was a very responsible rider. Its very sad what happened to him, because he happened to have a ducati doesn't mean he was like ghostrider, he happened to do well for himself, so like every other rider we all aspire to have nicer things in life.
Wasnt There

La Mirada, CA

#24 Apr 6, 2010
Marcus Aguirre wrote:
<quoted text>
before you go making assumptions you sohuld know that this man was a very responsible rider. Its very sad what happened to him, because he happened to have a ducati doesn't mean he was like ghostrider, he happened to do well for himself, so like every other rider we all aspire to have nicer things in life.
I do feel terrible for your loss. I did make an unwarranted assumption about his speed. He may well have been going at a reasonable speed. My experience is that that roadway is used as a speed track by riders of rice rockets and by small car enthusiasts. The big bikes are ridden at a more moderate rate of speed. I have never been passed in the tunnels(!) by a big bike. I cannot say the same for the roadracers.

Your friend had the misfortune of coming upon a blind curve at too high a rate of speed and finding something in his way. If he knew the road, he would know of the very poorly placed patch of dirt just past the blind curve where people who are unacquainted with the road turn off. He may also have known of the excellent straight-away that follows and have been thinking of that.

This is a horrible event that could have been prevented. And that makes it a tragedy. My condolences to his families and friends. I hope his passing brings them closer together.
Ohhh

AOL

#25 Apr 6, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
That's Involuntary Manslaughter and the driver should be charged, the driver did not look or he would have seen him.
In a lot of these cases, the driver is looking for "cars" not motorcycles or pedestrians. It's being human, thats why it's called an accident. It's like can you say you have been looking for something that is right in front of your face?
Brian

Norwalk, CA

#26 Nov 23, 2010
I don't like how the Daily Bulletin is "sorry the article that you requested is no longer available. Please search for this article"

I will no longer read the Daily Bulletin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Furrgussion a true criminal 5 hr Tinas water co 1
Why overbuilding Glendora meeting 6 hr Time zone Tina 28
pomona ha gang (Aug '12) 6 hr BESTTT 130
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 9 hr Ted 4,833
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Trojan 32,323
Target practice 21 hr whoopdee doos 3
Glendora city hall is reactive not proactive Mon railing times 2

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages