Four vie for position on District Fiv...

Four vie for position on District Five Pomona City Council

There are 64 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Four vie for position on District Five Pomona City Council. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

CANDIDATE: Ginna E. Escobar AGE: 23 OCCUPATION: Businesswoman/community volunteer YEARS LIVING IN CITY OF DISTRICT: 23 years MARRIED?: Single NO.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

yeson19

Covina, CA

#41 Nov 1, 2010
I was sure that Ms. Escobar had no morals or integrity as she placed a sign in my yard without permission.........confirmed.
Long time PR Resident

Long Beach, CA

#42 Nov 1, 2010
I am so surprised at all the attention one of the candidates has received on their looks alone. I don't think I have ever really seen anything other than this picture posted by the Daily Bulletin. However, I am pretty sure she went to high school with my kids. I am stunned that someone that young could totally start an uproar. I would never admit going to the debate just so you can check her out. I'd probably stick to some upstanding reason. Like, you genuinely care about what is going on in the city. Although, there are candidates out there with more experience, perhaps own their own house(which can be questionable considering the decline in good money management skills), or maybe even smarter than her. Which again, is questionable. She seems pretty well-rounded and accomplished at her age. Someone else with probably win because all of the reason just touched upon. After all is said and done, my heart goes out to the kid. Seems like Pomona has treated her as a nice shiny object, to be drooled over. Back to the basics Pomona shivery isnít dead everywhere.
Ace

Torrance, CA

#43 Nov 1, 2010
I moved to Phillips Ranch a year ago and the brand new Market place has opened up. Tim came to my house personally to ask if he can put his sign on my property. He seems sincere and trying his best. He was responsible for the business kick start in PR. He's only been city council for 2 years and that's really not much time to do anything but has brought the supermarket so that's ok in my book.

Gina is wayyyy too young.. Barely out of her diapers and already running? Get out and get some real experience then come back. Don't have a fireman come to my house to try to convince me telling me Tim put someone in the hospital! lol.. Besides... like someone had already mentioned. She's just a puppet if she wins which I highly doubt. Stop stealing signs with your boyfriend lol...

Ingrid didn't show up to the forum twice and didn't let anyone know? That my friend is a flake! No thanks! You definitely don't want a flake to run your city.

Jorge. don't know much about him.

Tim Saunders it is then!
no blinders

Corona, CA

#44 Nov 1, 2010
Good for you, for not falling for their typical lies and political rhetoric!! 99% of those fire hacks don't even work in Pomona!! Saunders respectfully came to my house and I found him very personable. I don't like fire hacks trying to tell me why I should vote for their puppet. The police association also came to my house and they simply informed me of who they belive in and didn't try to shove their candidate down my throat. I almost felt as if the fire department was trying to bully me in to voting for that fire department groupie! I also had to throw away those crappy signs she keeps putting in my yard without my permission. I'd vote for Donald duck to run the city before I'd vote for her! No ethics, no class and no integrity!!!!!
Ace wrote:
I moved to Phillips Ranch a year ago and the brand new Market place has opened up. Tim came to my house personally to ask if he can put his sign on my property. He seems sincere and trying his best. He was responsible for the business kick start in PR. He's only been city council for 2 years and that's really not much time to do anything but has brought the supermarket so that's ok in my book.
Gina is wayyyy too young.. Barely out of her diapers and already running? Get out and get some real experience then come back. Don't have a fireman come to my house to try to convince me telling me Tim put someone in the hospital! lol.. Besides... like someone had already mentioned. She's just a puppet if she wins which I highly doubt. Stop stealing signs with your boyfriend lol...
Ingrid didn't show up to the forum twice and didn't let anyone know? That my friend is a flake! No thanks! You definitely don't want a flake to run your city.
Jorge. don't know much about him.
Tim Saunders it is then!
GO SLAP YOURSELVES

Lytle Creek, CA

#45 Nov 3, 2010
YOURE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS...I HOPE YOU ALL FEEL REALLY STUPID AND GO HIDE UNDER A ROCK! THE TRUE WINNER CAME THROUGH...NOT SOME CROOKED ASS JUNKIE.
LMFAOOOOOOOOO RETARDS!
no blinders

Redlands, CA

#46 Nov 3, 2010
Spoken like a true escobar supporter. Classless!
GO SLAP YOURSELVES

Lytle Creek, CA

#47 Nov 3, 2010
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE LOSER...JOBLESS!
Jorge

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Nov 3, 2010
"Go Slap Yourselves" is Ginnas Mommy
Just Wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#49 Nov 3, 2010
I wonder why Ginna had to go around the Ranch ripping down opponents signs if she is such a true winner.

Time will tell if Ginna is a winner. I am sure she will add a new word to her vocabulary "Patronage".

There is no doubt about her doing anything to win after all she is being pushed by her family. Its just a matter of time to see the level of the corruption. I'll bet at least one person from her family will be with her at every council meeting.

It should be interesting to see how she pays back the fire union and the other persons and businesses that supported her.
Justin Saunders

Temecula, CA

#50 Nov 3, 2010
The true winner? Do keep in mind the results are not official yet, and if she does end up winning, it is based on cheating. Think of how Barry Bonds is the all time home run leader, what do people focus on, the fact that he is the leader or that fact that he got there by using steroids. There are still votes that need to be counted, and hopefully, for the sake of Pomona, honesty overcomes lying/cheating.
Just Wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#51 Nov 3, 2010
I agree! Tim Saunders has done much for Pomona and has so much more to offer. I very much hope that he is elected when all the votes are in as he is honest and deserving. It looks like he needs 73 votes to overcome Escobar, that is providing all her votes were legal; something that should be looked into.
westmont resident

Waterloo, Canada

#52 Nov 3, 2010
What a shame, all the negativity surrounding Giina, and she wins, WOW!! I hope the truth comes out about Elliott and his posse soon. Hmm could pomona be the next bell scandal???? Let the truth come out.
Justin Saunders

Temecula, CA

#53 Nov 4, 2010
After hearing and reading some of the posts about the results, it seems like many people either witnessed signs being taken taken down and/or kicked down, or saw some of the illegal signs that were put on public property throughout the election, and mostly during the day of the election (that we the taxpayers had to pay for to get picked up by code enforcement) please contact me at [email protected], regardless of who you saw doing it. Also, looking to contact anyone who were campaigned to in person, and heard negative things about my father, or family, while being campaigned to. Please e-mail me as soon as possible with any of this information. Thanks again.

-Justin Saunders
[email protected]
Resident of District 5

Los Angeles, CA

#54 Nov 5, 2010
Justin, I hope your efforts are rewarded. We need honest people in this city; people who really care about Pomona.
New Bood

Ridgecrest, CA

#56 Nov 6, 2010
GO SLAP YOURSELVES wrote:
YOURE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS...I HOPE YOU ALL FEEL REALLY STUPID AND GO HIDE UNDER A ROCK! THE TRUE WINNER CAME THROUGH...NOT SOME CROOKED ASS JUNKIE.
LMFAOOOOOOOOO RETARDS!
Some just can't admit it when its time to step down and let some one younger with more energy replace you!
New Bood

Ridgecrest, CA

#57 Nov 6, 2010
Yeah Gina:
We welcome your energy. Sorry some times the older folks can't just step down and let someone with energy and youth replace you.
Great job Gina, as far as taking signs I know you had more important things to do than steal signs that is such a crock. Anyways we know you will do a great job.
Just Wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#58 Nov 8, 2010
Perhaps Ginna Escobar can help Pomona by insuring those businesses engaged in lawn mowing and landscapping obtain business licenses now the increase in untility has been shot down. Apparently Pomona code enforcement allows unlicensed businesses to operate with impunity.
Resident of District 5

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Nov 9, 2010
New Bood wrote:
Yeah Gina:
We welcome your energy. Sorry some times the older folks can't just step down and let someone with energy and youth replace you.
Great job Gina, as far as taking signs I know you had more important things to do than steal signs that is such a crock. Anyways we know you will do a great job.
If she didn't do it, how come she was cited by the police for doing it?? Do the police just run around citing political candidates for no reason at all??
Thank You Ginna

Los Angeles, CA

#60 Nov 9, 2010
I just want to thank Ginna for the wonderful Bio she mailed to all the residents. Her bio speaks wonders about her background and encourages the trust we all should place in her.
Bio items such as being a member of the Screen Actors Gulid (SAG). A call to SAG reflected Ginna Escobar's name is of record with SAG but not a member of SAG!
Items such as the illusion Ginna professionally toured New York, England and France. I wonder what other "qualifications" you have that can be easily varified?
Ah Ginna I hope you clued in your supporters from the fire fighters union as to your bio as I am sure they can hardley wait for you to be sworn in.
Just Wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#61 Nov 9, 2010
I am wondering what the court date is for the citation Ginna was issued. I would love to hear her explaination. Does anyone know the date?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: City of Rancho Cucamonga 7 hr RANCHO CUCAMONGA 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Cruising phart 32,926
1977 murder (Sep '07) Sat Mary 38
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) Apr 28 riot illegals 3,255
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Apr 26 Holscad 35
News Learn more about Muslim culture at - Open Mosqu... Mar '17 Crusader_no mercy... 1
News Animal control program raises residents' hackle... (Nov '09) Mar '17 Ted Trent 41

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages