Four vie for position on District Fiv...

Four vie for position on District Five Pomona City Council

There are 64 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Four vie for position on District Five Pomona City Council. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

CANDIDATE: Ginna E. Escobar AGE: 23 OCCUPATION: Businesswoman/community volunteer YEARS LIVING IN CITY OF DISTRICT: 23 years MARRIED?: Single NO.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mikap plebees

Upland, CA

#1 Sep 24, 2010
SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IS GINNA...THE REST ARE JUST TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THINGS THAT NEVER CHANGE....WE NEED SOMEONE NEW, SOMEONE YOUNG AND WHO IS MOTIVATED IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE, MAKING A CHANGE AND REALIZING THE SITUATION WE ARE IN NOW AND FIXING THE MISTAKES FROM THE PAST AND MAKING THINGS BETTER FOR TOMORROW, AND HOW IT IMPACTS POMONA...NOT JUST TALK ABOUT THEM....
CUYO

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
MARRIED with four Children must have benefits with the "occupation" of Councilmember.
Pomona Neighbor

Rowland Heights, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2010
I recently moved from Pomona (particularly from district 5). I have met all but one of the candidates. It is my opinion that Tim Saunders would be an asset to the district should he be elected to the Council, moreover, he will be an asset to the city as a whole. To many times council members forget that they represent the whole city, not solely their own district. Tim knows that he represent Pomona. Tim is great with children, I know because my children have had an opportunity to meet him and believe in him. He is also great with adults. I know because, in my many experiences he has been professional, composed and ready to help find solutions. I urge the residents of district 5 to go to the polls this November and vote for TIM SAUNDERS. He will represent you and he will fight for what is right.
Polygamy

Pomona, CA

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Should be written "4 vie to be concurrently married to Tim"
Shark Free Zone

Norwalk, CA

#5 Sep 30, 2010
What it boils down to is youth at this point. Anyone on the current council needs to be removed. They got us in this mess in the first place. Lets start with a fresh team. A team that isn't worried about kick backs from movie companies or defrauding the retirement system. My vote is for Ingrid E Luevano. She is the most well spoken and seems to have a true connection to the city. Unlike Ginna who is already a fire department badge bunny (as seen in her Facebook/myspace pictures), Ingrid is loyal to the voters. Good luck Ingrid I hope you win the race and show these people how it's done, BAM!
mikap plebees

Upland, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2010
I AGREE WITH SHARK WITH THE CURRENT COUNCIL BEING REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH A FRESH TEAM...A YOUNG, ENERGETIC AND MOTIVATED TEAM WHO ISNT AFRAID TO CHANGE THINGS FOR THE GOOD...BUT ALSO SOMEONE WHO ISNT AIRHEADED AND A MYSPACE JUNKIE LIKE INGRID...WE NEED SOMEONE WHO ISNT AFRAID TO TAKE CONTROL AND STEP UP TO THE PLATE...RATHER THAN TO HIDE BEHIND PEOPLE LIKE INGRID...SEEMS LIKE SHARK IS AN INGRID BUNNY OR A GROUPIE...GO FIGURE YOURE FROM RANCHO CUCAMONGA....ALL YOU LOOK AT IS BLONDE HAIR AND BIG BREASTS...NEVER WHY FOLLOW A FOLLOWER? I THOUGHT YOURE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW A LEADER...AND TIM SEEMS LIKE A CRACK HEAD, HOW CAN YOU FROGET YOU ARE MARRIED, AND WANTING TO MARRY SOMEONE ELSE?? IF HE LIES ABOUT SOMETHING SO STUPID AND SMALL LIKE THAT...WHO KNOWS WHAT HE WILL LIE ABOUT...AND GRAJEDA...HMMM...HES JUST A WEIRDO, FOR SOME REASON EVERY TIME I SEE HIM, I FEEL LIKE HES UNDRESSING ME WITH HIS EYES...ITS OBVIOUS WHO WILL WIN THIS ONE...
Resident of District 5

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 3, 2010
I would like to commend anyone who steps up to the plate and honestly wants to better the city of Pomona. I've lived in my home for over 25 years and rarely feel that the city of Pomona considers our area as anything but an unlimited bank account to charge us for everything else going on in Pomona. But back to the topic of concern. Do any of the candidates seriously listen to the people in District 5, our concerns for our safety or our property rights? My family has had concerns that we've directed to the City of Pomona Police Department who have told us to contact Code Enforcement who told us to contact the City Attorneys who have been unable to answer any of the concerns directly. I've been in contact with two of the candidates because I feel that youth doesn't necessarily serve as the answer for fresh ideas or competent change. As a resident of Pomona, I listen to what the candidates are saying and most importantly, not saying. Questions that are asked of them and not responded to. Will there be any debates among the candidates that are open to public questions? I doubt it. The City of Pomona needs competent council members who are acting in the interests of the people they serve and the city in totalilty. We are not individual districts serving ourselves, we are all citizens of Pomona who want fair, honest and uniform service from the people we elect. We want a city that is responsive to the needs of all. We want our homes and property protected. Can any of the candidates answer my concerns?
Shark Free Zone

Norwalk, CA

#8 Oct 4, 2010
mikap plebees wrote:
I AGREE WITH SHARK WITH THE CURRENT COUNCIL BEING REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH A FRESH TEAM...A YOUNG, ENERGETIC AND MOTIVATED TEAM WHO ISNT AFRAID TO CHANGE THINGS FOR THE GOOD...BUT ALSO SOMEONE WHO ISNT AIRHEADED AND A MYSPACE JUNKIE LIKE INGRID...WE NEED SOMEONE WHO ISNT AFRAID TO TAKE CONTROL AND STEP UP TO THE PLATE...RATHER THAN TO HIDE BEHIND PEOPLE LIKE INGRID...SEEMS LIKE SHARK IS AN INGRID BUNNY OR A GROUPIE...GO FIGURE YOURE FROM RANCHO CUCAMONGA....ALL YOU LOOK AT IS BLONDE HAIR AND BIG BREASTS...NEVER WHY FOLLOW A FOLLOWER? I THOUGHT YOURE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW A LEADER...AND TIM SEEMS LIKE A CRACK HEAD, HOW CAN YOU FROGET YOU ARE MARRIED, AND WANTING TO MARRY SOMEONE ELSE?? IF HE LIES ABOUT SOMETHING SO STUPID AND SMALL LIKE THAT...WHO KNOWS WHAT HE WILL LIE ABOUT...AND GRAJEDA...HMMM...HES JUST A WEIRDO, FOR SOME REASON EVERY TIME I SEE HIM, I FEEL LIKE HES UNDRESSING ME WITH HIS EYES...ITS OBVIOUS WHO WILL WIN THIS ONE...
I have less errors in my post than you and I did it from a phone while sitting in traffic, go PUSD. I do love the blonde hair and big boobs comment, but that just shows how ridiculous you are. I'll give you this, Ingrid is by far the best looking of them all and if it were a beauty contest we all know who would win. It's not about that, it's about the best of those who threw a hat in the ring. Ginna is a Fire Department wannabe wife. She shows where her roots are planted and it's not in Pomona soil. Anything from LA Co is not city born. They are a contract crew of guys looking for a bigger boat as the Pomona employees collect cans to eat for the week. I don't blame them. It's not the guys on the rig who make bad calls, it's the clowns downtown. I say throw out the old and put in the new. For the record, me being from Rancho Cucamonga is wrong. I just happen to post it from a cell site in Rancho, BAM in your face! One last thing, who is undressing what now? Get over yourself Ginna.
Anon

Pomona, CA

#9 Oct 4, 2010
I haven't decided whom I'm voting for yet, but I know it's NOT Saunders. He's bad news for this district. Since being given his job, PR has decayed (just look at the monuments and fences) and WM has been totally ignored. I've had to call a school board member (who's obviously got no jurisdiction in the matter, I just wanted someone to return my phone call that might have known something, because Saunders didn't) just to find out who to call to get my damn water meter fixed! I wish someone decent was running; I hate voting for the least bad of the candidates.
Phillips ranch resident

United States

#10 Oct 4, 2010
WoWWWWW i cannot believe this blog has even went this far. Maybe if ANY of you people took the time to go to city council meetings and hear what the candidates have to say, maybe you can vote a little more accurately and see that even though Ingrid is bangin' and could beat ANYONE in this competition in a beauty contest, like noted before it's not about that. She's a very intelligent girl, bored and raised in Phillips ranch and wants the best for The Pomona Unified School district as well as a strong supporter of Pomona Police Department. Comes from a good home, good family and always succeeded at the top. So before ANY of you point fingers do a little research and get these no good runner ups out of here..
GO INGRID!!
District 5 Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 5, 2010
As a resident of Pomona I really appreciate that there are so many people and apparent talent running for the District 5 seat. I have read comments by Jorge and really wonder about his comments about cliques and inferences that something is not right with Pomona government without backing the allusions with facts or personal knowledge.

Ginna also refers to cliques without any specific references in her interview. She indicates she is involved in business. Does anyone know what business she is involved in? Is she a success?

Ingrid refers to a responsibility to her people. To what people is she refering? Are they only in District 5 or are they the residents of Pomona?

All in all everone seems to be complaining on what is wrong, is anyone looking at what is right?
Does anyone care to continue improving the positive attributes of Pomona?
GinnaFan

United States

#12 Oct 11, 2010
Reading the rest of these posts disheartens me as a voter. Majority of them, not all, talk about looks/Facebook/popularity rather than issues.
Ginna Escobar is by far best fit for this job. She has been heavely involved with the well being of Mt. SAC and is a National Speech and Debate Champion. Moreover, she has been very successful in certain aspects of business, such as a dance school for youth, and being a Broadway actress. Due to her wealth of knoweldge and talents she can help lead the City of Pomona.
If a 23 year old has these talents and has accomplished more than some seasoned politicians and what's to help change the political climate she lives in that should be enough to garner your vote.
I admit I was on the fence with this election. But now I decided: Ginna Escobar.
Lost in the bull

Los Gatos, CA

#13 Oct 11, 2010
Ok Ginna Escobar has not done a single thing for the city of Pomona. Has she even held a job? Do we really want to place our road to money in a girl who doesn't even know how to balance a check book? Give me a break! She is a Fire Department (10-14 Union) puppet. Her signs are everywhere. I bet she doesn't even have a credit score. She has never owned a house or paid taxes on more than $15,000 income. Really? I mean come on Ginna correct me if I'm wrong. The city is ran by a bunch of children and now we are going to add another one. Truthfully we'd be better off voting in a crack head since they know how to make money. Soto was bad no we are going to add a unemployed, under educated bunny. Debate and dance is her resume? She couldn't get a job serving drinks with that work history. Don't be mislead by her signs everywhere, which might I add are illegally posted in some places, but why would we expect her to follow the law. I mean the mayor has been booked so why follow the rules. Where is Joe Romeo when we need him?
Oh My

Bell, CA

#14 Oct 14, 2010
First off, why would anyone want to vote for someone who just has ideas. Ninety percent of the times ideas are never carried out. At least Saunders has actually made changes throughout the City of Pomona. What did the other candidates list as their accomplishment? What have they done to improve the quality of life for residents? Nothing, because they are either too young or inexperienced. Come on people, this isn't a beauty or popularity contest. This is our City and its people we are talking about. I don't know too much about the four, but it seems obvious who we can weed out: the two young ladies. It seems a little selfish of them, as if they just want to boost their resume. Vote Smart. Choose a person you know who has made a difference before and who can continue to make positive changes.
Come on- R u Serious

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 14, 2010
Everyone that is actually taking the time out of their day to comment are the Radical Supporters. Get a life. All you are doing is bashing each other. If you have something to say, make sure you have proof of what ever your trying to prove. You all look like idiotic children who just got their candy stolen.
Get a life or at least write something that actually helps people make valid decisions. If not, don't write anything at all. You all need to grow up.
Resident of District 5

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Oct 15, 2010
Phillips ranch resident wrote:
WoWWWWW i cannot believe this blog has even went this far. Maybe if ANY of you people took the time to go to city council meetings and hear what the candidates have to say, maybe you can vote a little more accurately and see that even though Ingrid is bangin' and could beat ANYONE in this competition in a beauty contest, like noted before it's not about that. She's a very intelligent girl, bored and raised in Phillips ranch and wants the best for The Pomona Unified School district as well as a strong supporter of Pomona Police Department. Comes from a good home, good family and always succeeded at the top. So before ANY of you point fingers do a little research and get these no good runner ups out of here..
GO INGRID!!
I'd like to respond to your comment.... I did take the time to go to the debate of the candidates on Tuesday evening. First of all, Ingrid didn't even come. They waited for her but she never even called to explain why she wasn't there as another candidate did. What does she stand for? Someone tell me. Being "bored and raised in Phillips ranch" (please note quotation marks) doesn't make her the most qualified candidate. Tell me about her... I'd like to know what she stands for!
District 5 Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Oct 17, 2010
I too took the time out of my day to listen to the debates. Wow one candidate for District 5 never showed no call no show. The others just repeated the questions back as their answers to the questions. Ginna was dressed inappropriately and the lights casting shadows on her eye makeup made her eyes look like a racoon. When asked if she ever managed a multi million budget I have to say she avoided the question like a pro. Jorge kept repeating he knows how to spend a buck and spend a buck yet never admitted if he ever had budget expierence. Ginna had an air of authority in her answers,probably because of her debate expierence, yet actually managed to never answer any questions. If I had to hear Ginna say she will "communicate" with others if elected one more I was going to vomit. I really got tired of hearing Ginna refer to Pomona as a diamond in the rough. The City was established in 1888, when is this diamond going to get cut and polished? Saunders on the other hand has brought into the ranch a market and in November a coffee shop. He is talking to the owner of a spa for a 5 million dollar investment in the ranch.
I was impressed by Saunders commitment to District 5 and Pomona. Keeping in mind he was originally appointed and appears to have done a good job.
What concerns me is the multiple comments about the drug deals and homeless camping in the front of City Hall. That geographic is the domaine of the Mayor. What the hell is he doing? If he can't keep that are clean how is he going to keep the entire city clean?
Enough already based on what I heard im voting Saunders at least he has measurable success even if he was not originally elected he by far is the best when compaired to the others.
District 5 Homeowner

Temecula, CA

#18 Oct 22, 2010
Can anyone tell me why I, being a homeowner in district 5 for over twenty years, would vote for someone who has never owned a house in their life? The two young candidates BOTH live at home with their parents. How are they going to know how to deal with a budget? How they going to have experience with making tough decisions in the city?

I went to both of the town forms that occurred, and left confused on what to actually believe some of the candidates stood for. I must have heard Ginna label at least 5 different things as her "top priority." How many top priorities can you have? A top priority is ONE thing that will be your main focus, not everything that possibly comes up to you. I don't remember a single time when she actually answered the question that was asked, instead of just going off on some tangent that had nothing to do with the question.

Ingrid didn't show up to either forum, didn't even call, so I have no idea what she stands for. At least the other three candidates has been out campaigning for months now, instead of just starting with a couple weeks left.

If I heard Jorge mention "integrity" or "ethics" one more time at any of the forums, I was going to lose it. Then, when he was asked about prop 22, which has to do with the funding of local government (which would be his job if he was a council member), he had no idea what it was! If he isn't willing to do research on the state propositions, how much research is he going to do before making a decision for the city?

As For Tim, he stumbled on a question or two at the forums as well, and the whole mix up in his personal life is some concern, but really, what does his personal life have to do with how well he would do as the council member. He is the only candidate running that I have consistently seen at community events, and not just in recent weeks because he is running for election (like some of the other candidates, or even for a photo op like our "amazing" mayor.) At the council meetings I have attended, he is the only council member who is willing to go against the mayor's agenda. I mean, if I was mayor, and there was a council member who stood in the way of my agenda, I would get someone to run against him/her so there would be little opposition. Perhaps that person could be the ex-girlfriend/boyfriend of my child, since Ginna did date the mayor's son a few years back (who is also working for the city of Pomona.)

I hope everyone doesn't get their hopes up with all the things that many of these candidates are promising. Our city is broke, and most of the promises these candidates will NOT happen. Don't be fooled. Tim Saunders is getting my household's vote because not only is he the only one with any experience, but because he is the only one who has made a difference already (look at the new Grand Mart), and because he is the only one who actually had information and plans on what he proposes. Plus we need someone who will actually stand up to our mayor's agenda, and not be seen walking around town with him or the other council members. Let's keep Saunders in as council member!
Resident of District 5

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Oct 23, 2010
I'm very glad to see other people in District 5 who are concerned about the abilities and promises being made by the candidates. I have to agree that I am also leaning toward Tim Saunders because he is truly making an effort to improve the area he represents. I've seen him at numerous events and see how hard he is working to bring business back into the shopping center. I've been to his meetings at Decker where concerned residents relayed their feelings about what's happening in the Ranch. He's worked to keep our area clean and maintained and is bringing more businesses to the area too.

I've received mailings from Mr. Grajeda and Miss Escobar. Mr. Grajeda points out numerous problems with the area and the city in general, yet I have not seen or heard one thing that tells me what or how he plans to improve. Breaking up a clique does not mean anything until you relay your own ideas. Miss Escobar talks in circles and also has not provided me with any concrete ideas or plans. She has many top priorities but details nothing either. Being on the debate team only teaches her how to talk, it does not supply her with the ideas she needs to be an effective leader in a city that needs experience and knowledge on the council. I give her credit for her energy and determination but I do not feel she has the where-with-all to run a city at this time in her life. Mr. Grajeda on the other hand stated at the debate I attended when asked if he ever managed a multi-million dollar budget, that he "knows how to make a buck and how to spend a buck." Is this a leader who can take us through the current recession? Flip answers are not enough.

If someone can tell me concrete ideas of the other candidates, I welcome their response. As of now, I see no other person qualified than Tim Saunders.
Shark Killer

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Oct 23, 2010
The last thing Pomona needs is another unqualified Fire Union puppet. Vote for someone who actually knows how to run a business, and deal with a TIGHT budget. As for the homeless in front of City Hall, refer to Supreme Court decisions allowing them to be in "public places" and the fact that it is illegal to ban them from same. And drug deals, the PD has been cut so far that they no longer have a street level narcotics unit. All the narcotics guys were sent to gangs, because it is a more pressing need. Catching a bunch of homeless addicts for possession, which is all they would get caught for, is time consuming for what is essentially not even a crime since the sheep voted in Prop. 36 years ago. Wake up people, pull your head out of your rear, and get with reality. If it was such a problem, then where is Carrizosa and the Viva crew??? They could protest to the homeless addicts to "save" Pomona and the children from the evils of drugs. Oh thats right, the drug dealers are her best supporters, sorry forgot the cartels live in south Pomona.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is scum bag murribitto? 1 hr Big M 2
Citizens of glendora ca get ready to bend over! 2 hr Hi wave patrol 14
Glendora ca to have council districts 2017 2 hr Josh 5
Dirty snapchat!! (Oct '16) 2 hr chrispanthem 4
News UPDATE: SB shooting victim was gang member on p... (May '10) 4 hr JUDITH 77
Glendora elections moving to districts 22 hr Balanced 5
Zac Efron's phone number!!!!!! (Nov '07) Jun '17 Cassie 272

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages