Life without cell phones peace of min...

Life without cell phones peace of mind for some

There are 15 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Nov 13, 2010, titled Life without cell phones peace of mind for some. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Dennis Callaci has never had to say, "Can you hear me now?" He has never butt dialed, written an abbreviated message with his thumbs or cited for distracted driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

augman

Granada, Nicaragua

#1 Nov 13, 2010
Great story; great fellow. It's wonderful to have communication at your fingertips, especially in an emergency, but things have really deteriorated. How many of us feel uncomfortable being privy to personal phone conversations in public places, or have been disturbed with ringing of a phone? How many have even had an auto accident involving someone talking or even texting while driving? It seems to me that a bit of common sense would solve the problem, but unfortunately "common sense" is rapidly becoming an endangered item. The only alternative to write more laws in a system that's burying us in laws.
Wasnt There

Diamond Bar, CA

#2 Nov 14, 2010
Americans worship the instant: we want fast food, fast cars, fast communication and fast answers. None of these are satisfying.
What we lack is time to reflect, a place of peace and a sense of quiet. Maybe if we looked to the eternal things we would be less upset with our day to day circumstances.
(My cell phone is in the car. It is usually off).
RJB

Colton, CA

#3 Nov 14, 2010
I'm one of the few that don't own a cell phone, I really have no use for one. I make only 1-2 calls a month from home and rarely does anyone ever call me..
Kim

Kapolei, HI

#4 Nov 14, 2010
The human race has survived for some 50,000 years before cellphones. I like mine but I am not addicted to it.
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Nov 14, 2010
Don't blame some of these people for not carrying a cell phone. I must also add that cell service in Rancho Cucamonga sucks!
Kim

Kapolei, HI

#6 Nov 14, 2010
Upland's service is HORRIBLE.
I agree

Chino Hills, CA

#7 Nov 14, 2010
augman wrote:
Great story; great fellow. It's wonderful to have communication at your fingertips, especially in an emergency, but things have really deteriorated. How many of us feel uncomfortable being privy to personal phone conversations in public places, or have been disturbed with ringing of a phone? How many have even had an auto accident involving someone talking or even texting while driving? It seems to me that a bit of common sense would solve the problem, but unfortunately "common sense" is rapidly becoming an endangered item. The only alternative to write more laws in a system that's burying us in laws.
Great post. I see so many drivers and others with their cells glued onto their ears like it's a part of them. All I need is my On Star. I have a cell but rarely ever use it.
Common Sense

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Nov 14, 2010
I was at a play last night and the rude person behind me didn't turn off her cell phone. Why are people so thoughtless and rude?

I have been in church and even funerals where there were ringing cell phones. I was in a church service with over 1,000 people in it, one Sunday morning, when a woman's cell phone started ringing in her purse. Instead of silencing it, she picked up her purse, and carried it at arm's length, out in front of her like it was something filthy, all the way out the back of the church. She had been sitting in the front of the church to begin with.

I have a cell phone but I try to be responsible with it. My main reason for having it is so my nearly 100 year old mother can call me if she needs me. She calls me when she has fallen and can't get up, if she needs something from the store, or just wants somebody to talk to for a few minutes.
Lifeform13

United States

#9 Nov 14, 2010
KUDOS for no cell phones. I live just fine without one.
Leashes are for small animals. Not people.
itunes

Covina, CA

#10 Nov 14, 2010
Does it really shock you that someone who works in a "record store" in 2010 doesn't have a cell phone?
polite cell phone user

AOL

#11 Nov 14, 2010
A pet peeve of mine is when I am grocery shopping and someone has blocked the aisle with their cart while they are talking on the cell phone. And why must they shout? Noise pollution. It never fails they are talking about the shoes they just bought or some other critical issue.
Guillermo De Anda

Riverside, CA

#12 Nov 14, 2010
LIFE WITHOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS. NOW THAT IS PEACE OF MIND !!!

LIFE WITHOUT CRIMINAL MEXICANS (LEGAL ONES). NOW THAT IS PEACE OF MIND !!

i say this being Mexican-American. But the cold stark reality is that Mexicans has sure screwed up our way of life.

It is what it is.
Chuy De La puente

Riverside, CA

#13 Nov 14, 2010
Guillermo De Anda wrote:
LIFE WITHOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS. NOW THAT IS PEACE OF MIND !!!
LIFE WITHOUT CRIMINAL MEXICANS (LEGAL ONES). NOW THAT IS PEACE OF MIND !!
i say this being Mexican-American. But the cold stark reality is that Mexicans has sure screwed up our way of life.
It is what it is.
Amen De Anda, A-fricken-men!!!'

I am hispanic but I am sick to my stomach of watching Mexicans take our cities and communities down the sh1tter.

These scummy bastards have driven their s-c-rewed- up Mexico mierda to the sh-i-t-ter and now these rats what to do the same with our country.

Ya basta con esta mierda.

Chinga su pinche Mierda Mexico.
the real SAW

Temecula, CA

#14 Nov 15, 2010
I have a cell phone but I barely know how to use it.

Since: Apr 10

La Verne, CA

#15 Nov 15, 2010
the real SAW wrote:
I have a cell phone but I barely know how to use it.
I never use a cell phone, period. I have one in my purse, whenever I leave the house, just in case of emergency.

I can see where a troll would have no clue as to how to use a cell phone. There is no reception under those bridges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,610
News Walmart workers protest wages, benefits at Onta... (Nov '13) Dec 2 Birds Landing Bob 26
News Verizon FiOS installation halted in three cities (Mar '10) Jul '16 Alford 69
Garage Door Service Claremont (May '16) May '16 GDRClaremont 1
News Madeleine Albright a war criminal? Scripps Coll... (May '16) May '16 Newt G s Next Wife 7
News Animal control program raises residents' hackle... (Nov '09) Oct '15 passCO 40
News Why Donald Trumpa s immigration stance is attra... (Jul '15) Jul '15 zorro 8

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages