California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,801 - 3,820 of 4,885 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I waited behind Patty in line at the supermarket. The conveyor was filthy with debris from her car, I think she keeps her pets their when she travels.
Brian_G.

Overtaxed and underrepresented Long Beachers must UNITE NOW to put an end to child abusers. How many little children are being victimized by trendy users of the latest "feel-good" fad - unsanitary heavily taxed disease spreading reusable grocery bags? Let us demand "anti-consumer" - pro-increased BIG FOOD PROFITS revolutionary Council end the violence that is being perpetrated against OUR innocent little children for the sake of filthy lucre!

Ronald
Shame WC SCE

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

And to thnk about it, he has made his judgements runing the city using a racist mind set.

Steve Herfert a local city councilman from West Covina, California and a employee of Southern California Edison, appears to have been a long time racists.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Does anyone know whether or not revolutionary Council has made a "study" to determine the number of pedophiles who are using disease spreading reusable grocery bags?

Ronald
2013 repubCrooks

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

There really trying hard to shut down the most interesting thing in the news right now, crooked Republican.

A great big frankies for you cranky old republicans etc.
2013 repubCrooks

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

And to thnk about it, he has made his judgements runing the city using a racist mind set.

Steve Herfert a local city councilman from West Covina, California and a employee of Southern California Edison, appears to have been a long time racists.

This could be what Steve Herfert is doing: the number of pedophiles who are using disease spreading reusable grocery bags?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

2013 repubCrooks wrote:
This could be what Steve Herfert is doing: the number of pedophiles who are using disease spreading reusable grocery bags?
2013 repubCrooks.

I was referring to revolutionary Council. I had no intent to disturb the taxpayer supported resident schizophrenic.

Ronald
ForgRats

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

All those ForgRats from the RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party fanggers.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Maybe California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail stores because there free.

You know how much the far left hates freedom.

“Bing-bang, kicky-punchy”

Since: Aug 08

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Smelly far-lefties.
Suzie W

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
I just bring my own bags when I go shopping. It's really not that hard.
`
My Daddy sayss that they wont let you bring your own bags because they know what kind of bags they want you to have and they want to sell those bags to you because they have a BIGG contract with the Chinese country to sell those bags and the Chinese country is making those bags a lot and then s they want to shipp them and then what happens when you bring your own bag and wont buy their bagg? We know that would cause what Mrs. R calls CHAOSS. There would be great piles of bags and great piles of Angry Chinese conuntry and then there would be you trying to get your tuna and the bottle of 20/20 you sneak every nite time and then the Chinese would get MADD and you would not get your tuna and the bottle in the house and then what would happen with the magazine that you buy and have under your mattresss, HAH! I seen that kind of magazine in the I wont tell. Then there would be CHAOSS and there would be war and you would be the cause and then gas goes up and bonds go down and the rent flies out the window like love. All because for old baggs.
Yes yes yes

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

And the "drum of stupity" keeps druming on.
Morse 6b6

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

How right you are. The drum beats and we tweats. Twotts tweat tewifically toward twingo. Hey, what about the fact that D Trump has an option on all these old bags? Is there a bag conspiracy? Is there a Bag gap? How do Iranian bags, or NKorean bags figure in this and the Koke Bros are talking about buying some more countries where they might make bags and cous cous cheaper. Sarah Palin is next to god, poor guy. Is it true she only bathes during ceratin types of solar flares and smells like costco limburger rubbed on a lamp?
YesZZOO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

And the "drum of stupity" keeps druming on, why waste the time somewhere else.
Lefties in Charge

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

The City Council of Ukiah has banned merchants from using bags unless purchased.
The City Council should get a clothing allowance to buy turtlenecks to hide the scar tissue from the circumsion.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like a WHOLE BUNCH of people forgot to take their meds recently....
Fran Dan Wan

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Take two blue and watch tv for the rest of your life. This is in code.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

If Earth's environment is so fragile it depends on the type of bags you use to carry groceries, maybe life was a mistake and our planet's not worth saving.
Marshall Lawe

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
If Earth's environment is so fragile it depends on the type of bags you use to carry groceries, maybe life was a mistake and our planet's not worth saving.
`
EXACTAMENTO!
Stop all whining and enjoy the TEAPARTY. We know the truth and that is that God says "do unto others before they do unto you". This means that there is no bag problem only bag sellers and we all need to be armed against bag profiteers. These guys have been buying up bags from the REDS and saving them and now want to move on and make the profit that god promises and this crap no bag crap is in their way. You may be invested in this too and not know it and if you skwawk and holler too much the coin goes out the door. Now the real problem is the damn workers trying to get unions. NO unions. That is not gods way. When they get together they think up crap like more money and then we have less profit and that is not the way truth and light. We cant be responsible for others needs and the bums, drunks, old, sick, hungry and thirsty cant say nothing that we want to hear 'cept yassir, right away sir!
Michelle

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

It took us some time to get used to this and still forget to bring our reusable bags. One day we will remember.
HorderS

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

These people are lost in the woods because they can't see thee tree in the forest.

Once again we have the (stupid) RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party wackO's to thank for the latest US Government Shut Down

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Claremont Discussions

Search the Claremont Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Scam hits Calvary Chapel Chino Hills hard (Jan '10) 4 min lookn4dirt 323
For Pomona, gangs are not a new problem (Feb '08) 5 min SgvKills 336
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) 13 min SgvKills 193
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 26,681
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Mama Say 200,342
Commie China in trouble 7 hr China junk 3
somebody has a severe spelling problem 7 hr Say Ouch dougie 14
•••
•••

Claremont News Video

•••
•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••