Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,861 - 148,880 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169936 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it wasn't Dan? You are the one who said you liked "Facts" the FACT is the founders as a collective only played a part in the first 10 Amendment's. Well, at least you like the facts YOU make up.
I'm game.

Specifically what facts did I make up?
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169937 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't make it so. The founders believed in UNALIENABLE RIGHT's- look up the meaning. No mention of harm.
Hell these days EVERYTHING can be found to cause harm- even CO2. Does that mean we no longer have the "RIGHT" to breath?
Unalienable rights possess no harm.

When we look at the inclusion of adding what is currently banned as being an unalienable right harm is looked at and should viable harm exist they will not push such said right into any form of protection from the law nor make it an accepted practice.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169938 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.
They also had horse carriages back then. Are we to claim I brought them up as well???
Your game playing really makes me think you haven't been able to hold a job longer than 3 months in your life. No shit.
Poor Dan, so angry.

BTW, Carriages are a far cry from - Lincoln, slavery, southern states, and the 13th Amendment.

A 10 year old could make the connection to the civil war- sorry you cannot.

Well, actually you can, but you choose not to since you got your a$$ handed to you.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169939 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>

Hell these days EVERYTHING can be found to cause harm- even CO2. Does that mean we no longer have the "RIGHT" to breath?
OK...now you're in the Twilight Zone.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169940 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dan, so angry.
BTW, Carriages are a far cry from - Lincoln, slavery, southern states, and the 13th Amendment.
A 10 year old could make the connection to the civil war- sorry you cannot.
Well, actually you can, but you choose not to since you got your a$$ handed to you.
Your opinion.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169941 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."- John Adams
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin
"We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."- Alexander Hamilton
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Thomas Jefferson
"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death."- James Madison
"We may define a republic to be - a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it: otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic."- James Madison
"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."- John Marshall
You were saying Dan??
Good God game player.

Our nation is based on democracy. We do have a republic format to answer to that for the fact we as a nation were put together to ensure all American citizens were protected in terms of their individual rights unless those said rights produced harm.

Gays have proposed they feel an inequality since they feel they are pursiing the basic civil right of marrying the adult of their choice but are being denied because of popular opinion against this.

This is why the creators of our governbment formatted a democratic format of government which was put into a republic state. So that rights if identified could be protected from popular vote. Upon arguing this opponents of any claimed rights can bring forth a set of harms they claim these proposed rights inflict as a means to ban them. Should these opponents not be able to format a viable harm then in fact the rights should be acknowledged and allowed to exist.

In some cases rights of others are so vehemently being denied by those opposing them regardless of the reasoning that clearly identifies these rights as being basic civil liberties of other American citizens that an Amendment is proposed to ensure these rights are protected by national law.

This is what took place during deliberations on the 13th Amendment.

We are a republic but we are a democratic nation in that we look to our people to determine leadership.

You sir ar a complete ignorant dumbass to any of this and had you understood the workings of our government you could present better arguments against gay marriage than by playing games with the inaccurate introduction of polygamy and laying claim you support gay marriage but will not lend a hand to it which in turn proves itself to be a complete lie on your behalf.

Location hidden

#169942 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
My opinion?

Is it your opinion that- Lincoln, slavery, the southern states, and the 13th Amendment are NOT related to the Civil War?

Location hidden

#169943 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Good God game player.
Our nation is based on democracy.
Poor Dan, has such a had time admitting he is wrong. Look, he is arguing with the founders now..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."- John Adams
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin
"We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity."- Alexander Hamilton
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Thomas Jefferson
"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death."- James Madison
"We may define a republic to be - a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it: otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic."- James Madison
"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."- John Marshall
You were saying Dan??
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169944 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion?
Is it your opinion that- Lincoln, slavery, the southern states, and the 13th Amendment are NOT related to the Civil War?
Muskets, cannons, cavalries, brother killing brother over ideology, the decimation of the South, etc. was all related to the Civil War.

Are we discussing gay marriage or are we discussing the Civil War DUMBFUCK.

The inclusiuon of the 13th Amendment was used as an illustration to your dumb as a rock ass in explaining why the Amendments exist.

Now if you're so fucking lost in this topic of same sexed marriages that you want to discuss the fashions women wore in 1862 I suggest you find another thread moron.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169945 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dan, has such a had time admitting he is wrong. Look, he is arguing with the founders now..
Benjamin Franklin
You were saying Dan??
Are you to claim our nation was not based on democratic principles???

Really????

WOW. What an IDIOT your momma must have raised.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169946 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Benjamin Franklin
You were saying Dan??
By the way genius....a republic is a democratic institution by it's makeup.

The Founding Fathers made those comments given they knew an absolute democracy would not work in regards to the protection of individual rights of the citizens it contained.

Perhaps it's too deep for you to understand but that is a fact.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169947 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion?
By the way this is yet another lie.

I never stated Lincoln, slavery, the Southern states and the 13th Amendment were not related to the Civil War.

Disagree???

Find the post liar or better yet stick to the subject at hand...gays marrying.
GodZilla

Toronto, Canada

#169948 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Muskets, cannons, cavalries, brother killing brother over ideology, the decimation of the South, etc. was all related to the Civil War.
Are we discussing gay marriage or are we discussing the Civil War DUMBFUCK.
The inclusiuon of the 13th Amendment was used as an illustration to your dumb as a rock ass in explaining why the Amendments exist.
Now if you're so fucking lost in this topic of same sexed marriages that you want to discuss the fashions women wore in 1862 I suggest you find another thread moron.
And that's called hitting the nail on the head my friend! LoL,Thanks for all you put up with and keeping the thread on track! AK is famous for babbling on about nothing that has to do with the topic,like many others on here like Dandy Randy the douche and Mike who is even worse and is usually off topic with every meaningless post he writes! Mike claims to be for equality but it's funny as the only one's he's ever supported are the bigots and the one's who are against equality! To bad as they've driven off most of the good souls who used to post here!
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#169949 Dec 5, 2012
GodZilla wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's called hitting the nail on the head my friend! LoL,Thanks for all you put up with and keeping the thread on track! AK is famous for babbling on about nothing that has to do with the topic,like many others on here like Dandy Randy the douche and Mike who is even worse and is usually off topic with every meaningless post he writes! Mike claims to be for equality but it's funny as the only one's he's ever supported are the bigots and the one's who are against equality! To bad as they've driven off most of the good souls who used to post here!
AK is a game player. He'll eventually just start lying as some means of saving face and it will be about then I'll stop responding to his nonsense.

This posting is nothing other than an excercize in having fun. It might be an insight to some of those opposed to gay marriage but little else.

I have more than a few Tea Party friends that are close an dear to me and one thing I've noticed is they don't play games like Mike and AK do. They merely determine a stance in their mind either on religion or something else and will staunchly refuse to effectively argue the subject of same sex marriage based on an opinion and set of reasoning they lodged there like a grape seed jammed in between two teeth.

If our leaders listened to rationale rather than emotional response gays would have been able to be married nationwide back in 2004.

It will happen eventually anyway.

I get tired of dealing with Mike and AK and others myself and will be gone for awhile but this TOPIX is like a bad habit.

I'm beat...gotta sleep given I'll be at work in 6 hours.

Sorry for the wordy posts. And have a good week...myself I'm jazzed we're slapping eight million Christmas lights on the SUV again this year only to drive around and blind people while tempting cops to ticket us.

LOL!!!
DorN

La Puente, CA

#169950 Dec 5, 2012
It is legal for a gay MAN to marry a atraight WOMAN.
It is also legal for a gay WOMAN to marry a straight MAN.
That does not seem right to me.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169952 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that liar.
Next.
Yes you did liar.

"Next". What a jerk!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169953 Dec 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the founders include "harm" in their idea of personal freedom and liberty?
If you are going to cite the founders, I suggest you not interject your own opinions into their words.
And when the founders spoke of "freedom and liberty" they included PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Your freedom to be you included my freedom to be free from you. But since we have become a society where we will cater to failure, punish success, and pander to those with a hand out- we are a long way from every truly being as free as we once were.
Dan just likes the sound of some words and he thinks it makes him sound smart but it's so silly!: "inherent harm" "a full set of liberties" "our government was formatted" and much more!

I love Dan-speak. It's so dopey!

Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169954 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
I begin to wonder if you call your own dick a troll at this point.
Do you now? That's a strange fantasy but keep that kind of stuff to yourself Romeo!

Dick a troll. What a perv!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169955 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah....I'm familiar with Constitution and the introduction of the Amendments by our Founding Fathers in that they knew there would be aspects dealing with the freedoms of Americans that would come up.
Very forward thinking by them.
Lincoln was able to pass the 13th Amendment for instance which abolished slavery.
So no dumbfuck...it's not a matter of me interjecting anything. It's already there and has been acted upon.
As far as freedoms which groups and some individuals clamor for they are reviewed on the basis of harm. Fact.
You really need to go to school one day or at least do a little studying prior to holding your obviouss idiotic opinions which you seem so willing to share in here.
Now there's a group who think having sex with little boys is the best treat out there. And many of them think it should be made legal. They think it should be a right...an allowed freedom. They claim the little boys like it and it only adds to their experience in life.
Now hopefully you're in the same camp I am in that we know it produces harm. Therefore it will never be a freedom the members of NAMBLA (the pedophiles group who thinks little Boy Scouts are a tasty treat) will be able to have because of this.
As far as gays wanting to marry...they should be able to. There is no inherent harm found and it is a freedom a grouping of Americans want.
Now before you go back to playing your sad game of why not polygamy you need to take that up with the government...not me. They determined harm in it. I myself could care less unless those reasons I gave earlier apply.
Kindle. They make Kindles which are online books. Get one. Read a little about the world and especially our nation before spouting off even more ignorance.
Have a good night punk.
Too long and dumb but I suffered through it.

Hey Dan, before you go back to your sad game of why not same sex marriage take it up with the government not me...bla bla bla..

How does that sound bigot? Wanting marriage equality is a "sad game" for polygamists but a noble righteous cause for same sex marriages?

Please explain and justify this dopey bigoted nonsense. We won't wait.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169956 Dec 5, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee...I don't know about that...it was your internet buddy "Hudson" who talking about jerking off.
He's not MY buddy in here...
LOL!!!
You said his dick was a troll jackass. What was that about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is a Commish 2 hr good dumps 57
A Vote For Erica is a Vote For Mark Smith and E... (Jan '11) 2 hr piece o krap 47
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Tank ever 7,926
Glendora Community Services 3 hr soggy happies 3
Joseph act stupid (Nov '13) 3 hr puppeto 18
Chri Jeffers Sows discord in Glendora 5 hr sown 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
•••

Claremont News Video

•••
Claremont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••