Former pro steps in to help young hom...

Former pro steps in to help young homeless man

There are 5 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Former pro steps in to help young homeless man. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

More than 150 Pomona College alumni have pledged to withhold their donations to the school until administrators promise to not interfere with the dining hall workers' efforts to unionize.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Joe moma

Ontario, CA

#1 Oct 19, 2010
See, the employers are aready starting off with bad negociations.....you cannot trust administrators.....EVER ! They'll slip your throat to get an advantage. Been there done that !
LBb

La Verne, CA

#2 Oct 19, 2010
Unions are not viable in the year 2010. These people are living with a 1950's mentality.
Pomona Guy

Long Beach, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Another reason to attend La Verne
Call it CARD CHECK

Upland, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2010
I looove how the article calls it "check card." If you Google that, you get a bunch of boring credit card articles.
But it's actually called "CARD CHECK."

Google "CARD CHECK" and you find out it allows employees to be bullied and pressured by their more political co-workers and union goons.

Oxtoby needs to stand up to the "150 Pomona College Alumni" (can I see a list?) and insist on a SECRET BALLOT for these employees. The National Labor Relations Board will supervise a free and fair election, protecting the workers from intimidation.

Many of these workers fled undemocratic regimes to live in the U.S. Why deny them a basic American right to vote on their own future?
Andy

Sherman Oaks, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2010
Union organization should be only by secret ballot.

Are the students' parents willing to pay more so these "part time workers" can have "12 months employment, affordable health insurance as well as higher wages."

If it is part time work, what are they going to do when there is no school?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Trojan 34,796
News Little 'Ladies' online pose a lot of questions (May '10) 1 hr T3xxy 37
Has anyone ever been molested, by a doctor/spec... Fri spechler v tobin 5
Former Ambassador John Bolton (Mar '15) Fri enforce FARA 2
Glendora Code Enforcement (Jun '10) Thu Mr Perez 40
Glendora city council must start taking charge! Nov 13 Piggybacked 3
News Residential burglary suspects arrested Aug '17 abc123 1

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages