Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as...

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

An injunction to halt the sale of certain assets of Upland Christian Schools has been set aside.

Comments (Page 102)

Showing posts 2,021 - 2,040 of2,049
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lonnie anderson

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Judged:

I'm blonde!
pedro de pacas

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

haha
Winter time

La Verne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

After all Karen Winter does, now Western puts her on administrative leave for the whole year, her board trys to offer her money to completely leave, but she wants more so she gets "advisors" to get what she wants. Why did she get removed? Did the teachers write letters to the board requesting she be removed? Did parents do the same? How was she about handling the finanaces at WC? Did something happen? Can Vacaville Christian now talk about their experience with her up there now. Did something happen that now gives that school the chance to speak about her, why would they be restricted during this mess to speak about her?? I am confused?
JUDY

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

wow!!!!!Glad I got an e-mail to visit here I was not aware. Never saw any thing in the paper. I often wonder about how the school is doing. The economy is so bad.
Lady Gaga

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Judged:

Google TV Gives You Access To Watch The Entire Internet On Your TV.
www.Google.com/TV
Do NOT Buy Car Insurance!
1 Trick your Auto Insurer hides from you for extremely cheap rates.
www.News9consumer.com
Local Actors
Find Actors Near You. See Actual Customer Reviews!
Local.com
Movie Trailers & Clips
Watch Full-Screen, Hi-Res Trailers. Added Every day! Get them by email
ExactMovieTrailer.com
.. Charlie Sheen: I'll Go Back to Men... Without Chuck Lorre
By Natalie Abrams
Fri Feb 25, 4:40 PM PST
retweet
Charlie Sheen says he would still return to Two and Half Men for a ninth season as long as series creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre wasn't around.
Charlie Sheen: The history of a promising acting career
Continuing an anti-Lorre tirade that began Thursday morning on the Alex Jones Show radio program, Sheen unleashed more harsh words about his boss Friday afternoon on Pat O'Brien's Loose Cannons radio show.
"If they want to roll back to Season 9, I gave them my word I would do that, but not with the turds that are currently in place," the 45-year-old actor told O'Brien. "That's impossible. Can you imagine going back into the sludge pit with those knuckleheads at this point? Can you imagine? It would go bad quickly."
On Thursday afternoon, CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced they were stopping production on Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season due to Sheen's recent "statements, conduct and condition." On O'Brien's show, Sheen said he would fight to get paid for the remaining unproduced episodes. The actor currently makes $1.8 million per episode for his work on the show.
Two and a Half Men ends production for the season following Charlie Sheen's radio rant
"Defeat is not an option," he said. "They know what they did was wrong they are in absolute breach [of contract]. I did nothing wrong. I expressed an opinion; I get the first amendment behind me. Defeat is not an option."
Sheen called Men executive producers Lorre and Lee Aronsohn "a couple of AA Nazis and really just blatant hypocrites," adding that they "picked a fight with the wrong guy."
"It's been a toxic environment for eight years," Sheen continued. "I was a good ol' guy for eight years. I put five bil in the studio's pocket, I put a half a bil in Chuck's pocket, so this is the freaking thank you I get? This is the level of gratitude that I get?"
What's next for Charlie Sheen?
Sheen also took a shot at CBS President and CEO Leslie Moonves, saying, "He rolled into my house and he made a man-to-man request and I honored it... I asked for a couple of things and he's not honoring that, so we're pretty much done. I don't know whatever, unless he's got a really good excuse for a guy that like lives in the middle of truth."
Related Articles on TVGuide.com
What's next for Charlie Sheen?
Two and a Half Men ends production for the season following Charlie Sheen's radio rant
See More TV Guide Stories
Copyright 2011 TV Guide All rights reserved.
Irritated parent

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Parent 2004 wrote:
They took advantage of the situation. Was it Christian? No Was it smart? Yep.
However, maybe not as smart as they think.
Now they will have to pay a big old loan back.
Our county has the highest un-employment rate at 10 percent. That means 1 out of every 10 people have no job.
How many people have the funds to pay for tuition next year at a price of roughly 10k? Don't all raise your hands at once now. Of course there are the die hard religious that need or want a Christian education. These will be homeschooling to save or looking at cheaper places.
So, Karen on that note I look forward to reading about your fire sale a year or 2 from now.
Who knows? Maybe one of the Upland Christian people there now will buy it off you if your lucky.
I wound not be surprised to see it rise from the ashes someday.
So, anyone know the true story behind Karen Winter's dismissal(July 2010) or should I take the rumors to heart that she used the millions of borrowed money for her personal gain, such as new cars and castle worth millions?
Irritated parent

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Winter time wrote:
After all Karen Winter does, now Western puts her on administrative leave for the whole year, her board trys to offer her money to completely leave, but she wants more so she gets "advisors" to get what she wants. Why did she get removed? Did the teachers write letters to the board requesting she be removed? Did parents do the same? How was she about handling the finanaces at WC? Did something happen? Can Vacaville Christian now talk about their experience with her up there now. Did something happen that now gives that school the chance to speak about her, why would they be restricted during this mess to speak about her?? I am confused?
WC parents received a letter dated 7.7.11 stating that Karen Winter resigned, giving us no reason for the departure. A good source has reported she used the millions borrowed for the school for her personal gain. Now I know why our tuition was raised so much and great teachers were let go to make room for cheaper newbies straight out of college. This should be interesting and explains a lot about this year. I'd pull my kid out if it weren't his senior year.
JUDY

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Not a fan of Karen however if that was indeed true she would be arrested for embezzlement. The DA would be involved. They would not just fire someone.
Nancy

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

I sure hope she didn't slip away with money from Western Christian Schools! I see she and her husband Jack now have their own company.... From the California Secretary of State 3/30/11
J&K Winter Investment Properties L.L.C
Category: Renting & Leasing
Filed: Domestic
12617 Naples Way. Rancho Cucamonga, Ca 91739
down the road

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Sooooo I happen to believe that these things I am reading about will somehow be affecting me, my kids, our community - HOW can I gain information of facts to NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN to another school community...PLEASE reply if you want to help us down the road from July 19, 2011.......
Nancy
JUDY
Irritrared parent

PLEASE help!
JUDY

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Not sure what you are asking. If you want facts I think going to the source is by far the most accurate way if possible. As for prevention I do not think there is any. The economy is still bad and people are well people despite religion. Me I moved the heck out of the I.E. now finally and feel allot better for having done so. I wish the schools involved luck. I still have friends teaching in the Academy and they are happy. I know nothing of the other place and frankly do not care any more. I think most people have moved on. Trust your instincts when you select a school or home school and you will not have to worry about corruption and drama.
Down the road

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

My question is where are all these you speak of now? Could they be in another school? Where would one find THE facts from beginning to end??????????I am speaking of the leaders specifically that could have misused funds, etc). Would past experiences warrant warring to those down the road????

Thank you Judy
Cheryl Purdy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Down the road wrote:
My question is where are all these you speak of now? Could they be in another school? Where would one find THE facts from beginning to end??????????I am speaking of the leaders specifically that could have misused funds, etc). Would past experiences warrant warring to those down the road????
Thank you Judy
Dear Down the Road,
You must be a parent at Hyde Park Baptist School in Austin, Texas where Karen Winter is now working. I would like to help you. What are your concerns at your school? The cause of all of this hoopla stems from Western Christian's purchase of the campus that Upland Christian Schools was occupying. This acquisition garnered a lot of negative publicity. I don't think there is anyone in this forum who could answer your question as to why she resigned from WCS after the sale was finalized, if that is what you really want to know. Any facts that I have firsthand knowledge of, I would be happy to share.

Cheryl
JUDY

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

While it is logical to believe what she did was not illegal her moral compass seemed to be broken during this whole event. If she did a crime she would be arrested not in Texas working.The people that know why she was fired/quit are Karen and her bosses. I doubt they would be forth coming. I wish you luck in your hunt for facts. Lord knows the people of Upland were in need of facts too when this went down and no one wanted to give them any.
Down the road

Bastrop, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Can ANYONE provide proof of "gag" orders from WC or Vacaville??????????
Cheryl Purdy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Down the road wrote:
Can ANYONE provide proof of "gag" orders from WC or Vacaville??????????
I'm not sure why that is the single piece of information you seek, but if that is what you want to know, contact information for both schools is readily available on the internet. I never worked at Western or Vacaville so I can't answer that question and this is probably the wrong forum to have the information confirmed. It is so important to get any information you seek from the proper source.

What I can say is that Western and Upland Christian Academy are working through a healing and want to move forward. Dwelling in the mire of the past is not what is best for us. That being said, none of us want to see another Christian school in crisis and would gladly do what we can, legally and morally, to help make sure that doesn't happen again.
Student at Hyde park

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

We need help! All out administration is resigning until she quits. What happened before? Could this be happening at my school: Hyde park. I'm a junior and am very concerned as to what is going to be if my senior year. Any info you can share would be very helpful!!!
JUDY

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I feel for you kid. Why are they all quitting? What has she done this time? In a nut shell what happened was All was going along fine when the parents, kids,staff got blind sided when the school got sold off in front of there very eyes to the school this woman ran. She with help of corrupt pastors brokered to sell the school out from under the people there who loved it to her group. Something similar to corporate raider and the Gordon Geico mentality when he tried to get the poor airline away from its hard working people. The movie was Wall Street. You should see it if your parents are ok with it that is. I will see if I still have some links to send you about this whole mess. Most are gone I am sure. I also agree with Cheryl. Time heals and people move on. God kid is the one running what ever is going on in your town and if stuff goes down it is meant to be.
JUDY

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Class of 2009 last to graduate from Upland Christian High School
Sandra Emerson, Staff Writer
Posted: 06/03/2009 03:33:39 PM PDT
Updated: 06/03/2009 03:39:38 PM PDT

UPLAND - For many seniors at Upland Christian High School, their last year has been a difficult one.

The class of 2009 is the eleventh and final class to have Upland Christian High School written on their diplomas.

Western Christian Schools in Covina and Claremont is in the process of acquiring certain assets of Upland Christian Schools. The merger is expected to begin in the fall.

This year "was amazing," said senior CJ Brake after the graduation ceremony at Pomona First Baptist Church on Tuesday.

"We really came together and it was just really lovely I don't know how else to describe it. It was a beautiful year."

The nearly 50 graduates gathered together and embraced friends and family outside of the church.

"I feel very accomplished and very grateful for what God has done in my life over the last four years and especially with everything going on with the school," said Gavin Kirkwood.

"It's hard to think that your school and what you've grown up with might not be there next year."

News of the sale broke in September when the school year was brand new. Throughout the year, drama surrounding the financial trouble of the Upland First Church of the Nazarene, which governed the school, was hard for students and their families to avoid.

Actions by the Anaheim District Church of the Nazarene when it took charge of the school and church upset families who wanted to know what was happening to the
Advertisement
school.

The firing of three popular school administrators during school hours in November also left a dent in the students' lives.

"There was this feeling that it's just not ours, and it's been that way all year long and these kids have felt that and they have really stepped up and pushed beyond the stress," said Doug Porterfield, dean of visual and performing arts and coach of the girls volleyball team.

Porterfield was one of the three fired administrators, but was allowed to return to coach the girls volleyball team through the CIF championship games and stayed until the end of the year.

Porterfield expects the students to have an easier time in college after their challenging senior year at Upland Christian.

"There's nothing that any professor can do to them that's going to be any worse than what they lived through this year," Porterfield said. "So I think they're feeling kind of good to get out from underneath it, but good to move on to the next thing."

Sue Chiappone, former head of school at Upland Christian, was welcomed with a standing ovation from the grads and audience during the graduation ceremony.

Chiappone was the only one of the three fired administrators who was not able to return.

"Many of these kids have been here since kindergarten, so I know them and their families, and it would have been very tragic for me if I hadn't been able to see them graduate," Chiappone said.

Chiappone will be head of school at the new Upland Christian Academy in Rancho Cucamonga formed by a group of parents of students at Upland Christian Schools.

"It's bittersweet because it's the last (graduation) from this school, but the blessing and legacy will continue at our new Upland Christian Academy."

Read more: http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_12512392...
JUDY

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,021 - 2,040 of2,049
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Claremont News Video

•••
•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Claremont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE