Western Christian Schools to continue...

Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as...

There are 2050 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jan 23, 2009, titled Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

An injunction to halt the sale of certain assets of Upland Christian Schools has been set aside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

dismayed - now hopeful

Diamond Bar, CA

#2018 Nov 3, 2009
Did anyone catch THIS huge announcement?

http://www.uplandchristianacademy.org/UCA.htm...

Funny...I thought there was "no way" they were going to be accredited their first year. Hmm. This means that their Seniors--THIS YEAR--are eligible to attend ANY U.C. or Cal State school they want to!

God is amazing, that's all I can say.
Mom 2004

Norwalk, CA

#2019 Nov 3, 2009
I knew this and was confident they would because of their prior experience of having done this before.
dismayed - now hopeful

Diamond Bar, CA

#2020 Nov 3, 2009
Right. But there sure were a bunch of nay-sayers earlier in this thread, saying things like it was going to be "impossible" for UCA to be accredited their first year.

I, too, knew all along that was bogus; that UCA could certainly (and should certainly) be accredited in its first year. It just makes me frustrated that people "from the other side" worked so hard to either spread information they were not sure about, or flat out lie just to sabotage UCA's enrollment efforts. But I think God did so much in the process since last January that there is no question but that He wanted UCA to exist--and with His blessings! Praise Him...
JustPlainWrong

Alhambra, CA

#2021 Nov 3, 2009
dismayed - now hopeful wrote:
Right. But there sure were a bunch of nay-sayers earlier in this thread, saying things like it was going to be "impossible" for UCA to be accredited their first year.
I, too, knew all along that was bogus; that UCA could certainly (and should certainly) be accredited in its first year. It just makes me frustrated that people "from the other side" worked so hard to either spread information they were not sure about, or flat out lie just to sabotage UCA's enrollment efforts. But I think God did so much in the process since last January that there is no question but that He wanted UCA to exist--and with His blessings! Praise Him...
I can tell you are very hurt over this whole situation. Do your self a favor. Make a New Year's resolution to put it to rest in 2010. You must have lost a lot of sleep over this BLOG during the course of the year. How silly! God does not want that for you. Your keeping yourself in a stressful situation.
Your right on that he wanted UCA to exist, it was the parents and some administrators that just could not work together, dispite what the bible teachs. How Christian of you.
Now put your imagination to rest, "the other side could care less". They moved on last spring. The accreditdation is happening, rejoice and move on.
Email Winter

Lakewood, CA

#2022 Nov 3, 2009
http://www.uplandchristianacademy.org/UCA.htm...
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL THIS TO WINTER SO SHE KNOWS SHE CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!!!!!
CIF Volleyball Champions

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2023 Nov 26, 2009
Congratulations to the Upland Christian Girls Volleyball team in winning the CIF Championship this week. The members of this team were the same girls last year that had their coach fired after the first round CIF victory (then rehired each day during their playoff run) and took it to the CIF Semifinals. Their goal for the past year was to win the championshp this year and the Lord blessed them with that accomplishment this past week. Boy what a past year, please pray for our students, that they will use this experience and show other students that God is in command and not man. They can share the miracle of Upland Christian and they can celebrate the 31st year of Upland Christian on our new campus in Rancho Cucamonga. Thank you Lord
khj

United States

#2024 Dec 4, 2009
Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.
Cullen Hightower
god alone

Hesperia, CA

#2025 Dec 13, 2009
God alone is and has been in control at all times. He will bless those He chooses to bless. It seems to me He blessed both schools. While some may or may not have acted appropriately, God has chosen to look at those affected and given abundantly more than any could imagine. If He chooses to deal with anyone, that will be His decision and His timing. We can all rest in His sovereignty. I pray that both schools thrive and glorify God in all that they say and do.
BONUS

Lakewood, CA

#2026 Dec 13, 2009
Word has it KD just bought a HUGE home in Rancho. hmmmmmm someone made out in the sale of the school.
dismayed - now hopeful

Inglewood, CA

#2027 Dec 13, 2009
Not sure I know who "KD" is.??
Mom 2004

San Jose, CA

#2028 Dec 14, 2009
I KW was who they meant I guess.
hmmmmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#2029 Dec 15, 2009
BONUS wrote:
Word has it KD just bought a HUGE home in Rancho. hmmmmmm someone made out in the sale of the school.
so why don't you find out who her neighbors are - God can be funny sometimes.
hmmmmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#2030 Dec 15, 2009
Email Winter wrote:
http://www.uplandchristianacad emy.org/UCA.html
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL THIS TO WINTER SO SHE KNOWS SHE CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!!!!!
well if you'd like to know how UCA did it, it was through deceit. Telling the accrediation team that UCA MOVED locations and not the truth that you are a NEW SCHOOL is deceitful and manipulative but then what's new!
C Todd Barnes

Diamond Bar, CA

#2031 Dec 15, 2009
Nice one, "Hmmm". You are a jerk who clearly knows NOTHING about the situation. I dare you to identify yourself.

The facts are as follows:

1. Our old campus was being sold in secret, and therefore in a deceptive manner.

2. There was already a school on that campus (UCS), yet in bitterness the owners decided to sell it to another school instead of at least first offering it to the school already on their campus.

3. The majority of the UCS faculty (and vast majority of students) moved to the Rancho campus, including the entire administration team. That is what we told WASC, and they approved the accreditation. No deception there at all. WASC had to make a judgment call and they made the right one.

4. If everything UCS/UCA did was so wrong, why is it so obviously being blessed by God??
Mom 2004

San Jose, CA

#2032 Dec 15, 2009
Surely the people on the accrediation team were not a bunch of idiots that never read a paper,talk to people, or research a facility before passing it. I am certain they know and knew more of what went down here than anyone on this board. Give the process and the people doing it some credit here. Sure one can lie to them but how far would that get them? The goal was to pass the inspection and move on not lie and fail. Some people are just so dense.
hmmmmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#2033 Dec 17, 2009
C Todd Barnes wrote:
Nice one, "Hmmm". You are a jerk who clearly knows NOTHING about the situation. I dare you to identify yourself.
The facts are as follows:
1. Our old campus was being sold in secret, and therefore in a deceptive manner.
2. There was already a school on that campus (UCS), yet in bitterness the owners decided to sell it to another school instead of at least first offering it to the school already on their campus.
3. The majority of the UCS faculty (and vast majority of students) moved to the Rancho campus, including the entire administration team. That is what we told WASC, and they approved the accreditation. No deception there at all. WASC had to make a judgment call and they made the right one.
4. If everything UCS/UCA did was so wrong, why is it so obviously being blessed by God??
WOW, perception is everything!
C Todd Barnes

Diamond Bar, CA

#2034 Dec 17, 2009
Well, I'm still not following you with your latest post, and you still haven't identified yourself so your credibility is questionable.
UCA Mom

Colton, CA

#2035 Dec 26, 2009
I haven't been to the blog in a few months, and "stopped by" to see if it was still alive because I was sitting here thinking how scary and emotional things were at this time last year as we cried out to the Lord for Him to save our school.

I look back on this past year with complete awe in the power and glory of our God who took us, in less than a year, from being completely blindsided by the dubious and secret sale of the property that we called home to a new campus that surpassed what we could ask for or imagine.

We have been so happy. The accreditation has gone through smoothly, as is only right and fair, and our kids are thriving once again. I thank God for preserving our school, and bringing us through as the Upland Christian family. We were tested, and, against all odds, we experienced God's provision and protection.

I hate all of the ugliness that still exists in people's hearts - although I definitely understand it. People who did experience the events of last year have difficulty understanding the emotion, but we prayed and fought for something that was and is very important and meaningful to our families. There were things that could have been done to minimize the ugliness, but, unfortunately, that was not a priority.

God took care of everything in His time, and I have no doubt that he will heal all hearts and eventually erase the ugliness. I pray that Upland Christian will continue to thrive. I pray that Western's families will also thrive, and that they would never have to know the kind of trial we experienced. I pray that God will continue to bless each and every student who arrives at school each day with a desire to be educated in the light of God's word and heart. I pray that each one will go out into the world with beautiful feet that carry the message of Jesus Christ, and I pray that this would be the birthday gift we leave upon these blogs from this day forward.

May these schools spread the love and light of Christ despite the humans that sometimes get in the way - even with the best of intentions.
Curious

AOL

#2036 Feb 10, 2010
BONUS wrote:
Karen Winter and her Husband Jack bought a 4610 sq ft home for $670,000 on Naples Way in Rancho Cucamonga. Escrow closed the end of Oct. And your point is???
Mom 2004

San Jose, CA

#2037 Feb 10, 2010
It aint Newport Beach for crying out loud and 670k is not all that. They bought a house so what. I am no fan but what is you point? Oh they became rich off of this venture and now can live large in Rancho.
Like we should be jealous? Only if you said they got a mansion on Balboa Island would I be mad. Who cares any more. It has been a year now and what is is. Get over it. In the end UCS is the winner any how. They are in a far better location and have more bells and whistles than where they were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 45 min GreatPhartz 33,403
A message to terry kent! Wed Time to act like ... 2
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Tue East side 36
Rancho Cucamonga could be a better city (Sep '11) Tue Rocky 21
Glendora ca to have council districts 2017 Mon everybody wants some 2
Richard Wilson Colorama going away Mon everybody wants some 2
Citizens of glendora ca get ready to bend over! Jul 17 crusty crab 13

Claremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages