Woman faults Claremont school for att...

Woman faults Claremont school for attack on son

There are 74 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Oct 9, 2010, titled Woman faults Claremont school for attack on son. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A parent has complained to the school board that her two children had been injured by a 9-year-old girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
rich

Montclair, CA

#62 Oct 12, 2010
Wow. The asinine comments on here make me glad that most of you don't live in Claremont which happens to be the safest district in the Inland Empire. The kid picked up a pencil and jabbed the other kid with it. Happens all the time in other districts, and believe me, it's the parents' fault, not the teacher's. The kid isn't a bully either, just got caught up in a fit and made a bad decision. The kid needs professional help and so do the parents. Suing the school will not cure this incident, just make the taxpayers shell out more money to someone who really isn't entitled to it. By the way, the only reason this story made the papers is because things don't typically happen like this in Claremont.
Jill

Upland, CA

#63 Oct 12, 2010
the real SAW wrote:
<quoted text>
A school counselor is an academic advisor. The school needs a psychologist to evaluate the situation and everyone else involved.
How can a school psychologist help a kid they see for a half hour a week, and this is assuming the psychologist is a good one.
tsy

AOL

#64 Oct 12, 2010
rich wrote:
Wow. The asinine comments on here make me glad that most of you don't live in Claremont which happens to be the safest district in the Inland Empire. The kid picked up a pencil and jabbed the other kid with it. Happens all the time in other districts, and believe me, it's the parents' fault, not the teacher's. The kid isn't a bully either, just got caught up in a fit and made a bad decision. The kid needs professional help and so do the parents. Suing the school will not cure this incident, just make the taxpayers shell out more money to someone who really isn't entitled to it. By the way, the only reason this story made the papers is because things don't typically happen like this in Claremont.
You just decided that this girl isn't a bully? I guess you missed the part where the mom said numerous other parents said that this girl had hurt their children this year and last year? What does it take for you to decide that this girl might possibly be a bully? Serious injuries or a death? This article isn't about a child who made a "bad decision". She is alleged to have attacked several children and attacked more than once, not just one bad decision. When I went to school, kids like that were considered bullies.

Are you so worried about protecting Claremonts pristine reputation that you would make excuses rather than get to the truth? It sounds like it. Bullies can exist anywhere, even Claremont.

And yes, if the school staff is letting her get away with this, then yes, a lawsuit against the school may indeed help. The district doesn't like staff getting them into bad positions where they may be financially hurt or be in a bad position with the insurance carriers. It could make the staff more aware and vigilant against bullies.

Since: Apr 10

Riverside, CA

#65 Oct 12, 2010
The acused child needs a physical and mental health evaluation. The school must require it, before it finds intself in a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Jill

Upland, CA

#66 Oct 12, 2010
rich wrote:
Wow. The asinine comments on here make me glad that most of you don't live in Claremont which happens to be the safest district in the Inland Empire. The kid picked up a pencil and jabbed the other kid with it. Happens all the time in other districts, and believe me, it's the parents' fault, not the teacher's. The kid isn't a bully either, just got caught up in a fit and made a bad decision. The kid needs professional help and so do the parents. Suing the school will not cure this incident, just make the taxpayers shell out more money to someone who really isn't entitled to it. By the way, the only reason this story made the papers is because things don't typically happen like this in Claremont.
Rich, you're cracking me up! Typical Claremonter...things happen in Claremont you are not aware of obviously. I'd love to enlighten you
ceb

Upland, CA

#67 Oct 12, 2010
What are you all talking about? Kids always have and always will fight or pick on each other. School was pretty tough when we went. Do you really think we as a spieces has evolved in one generation?
hunkie boy

Moreno Valley, CA

#68 Oct 13, 2010
things that should close soon, public education, go to on line, the catholic church,ship the priest or what ever those pedophiles are to the colesium in rome and let the lions go at them.
tsy

AOL

#69 Oct 13, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
Remember what i say once a week, ON LINE home education.you are much safer in your home than you are at school,the 21st century is here, the antiquated 19th century school system is oudated.
Yes, wonderful home-schooling. Have you been watching the unfolding story of home-schooled Zahra Baker? Missing and presumed dead. Suspected of being murdered by her home-schooling parents? According to family, the best part of home-schooling was the fact that the parents didn't have to worry about her bruises being seen by a teacher or that she might speak of her abuse to fellow students or a teacher.

Yes, home-schooling. The most wonderful thing to happen to abusive parents in a hundred years. Really cuts down on the chances of being discovered. Just wonderful.
hunkie boy

Moreno Valley, CA

#70 Oct 13, 2010
this one isolated case equals thousands of pedophile teacher,do you read about thier crimes on students?
Jill

Upland, CA

#72 Oct 13, 2010
Kim wrote:
I love it, a kid stabs another child and her rights are more important.
Since when is a pencil a weapon. Oh that's right, many things could be "considered" weapons
Jill

Upland, CA

#73 Oct 13, 2010
tsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, wonderful home-schooling. Have you been watching the unfolding story of home-schooled Zahra Baker? Missing and presumed dead. Suspected of being murdered by her home-schooling parents? According to family, the best part of home-schooling was the fact that the parents didn't have to worry about her bruises being seen by a teacher or that she might speak of her abuse to fellow students or a teacher.
Yes, home-schooling. The most wonderful thing to happen to abusive parents in a hundred years. Really cuts down on the chances of being discovered. Just wonderful.
Oh but tsy..you say we should home school! Aren't you the one who was touting Claremont as the safest district around? Also, Claremont is used to paying out for big lawsuits, they make huge mistakes, would hate to be their insurance carrier
Jill

Upland, CA

#74 Oct 13, 2010
Oops! sorry Tsy got you mixed up with Rich, sorry...
mickey

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#75 Oct 20, 2010
CLAREMONT SCHOOL DISTRICT absolutely SUCKS when it comes to handling any issues! I know...when two men broke into the girls' locker room (YES, during school hours with the girls returning unattended after PE class) and emptied 20 locked lockers (contents stolen worth thousands!)the school administration verbally attacked the mother (of one of the girls whose items were stolen) for questioning them about this incident!!!!
The school district is getting "little pebbles" thrown at them to do something about the problems they are having in ALL of their schools with crime and bullying and they are DOING nothing about it.
What a very very sad day when something awful happens (the inevitable boulder) while everyone busy saying "Claremont is so "safe".
WAKE UP CUSD!!!!!!!! Or pay the price.
Jill

Upland, CA

#76 Oct 20, 2010
mickey wrote:
CLAREMONT SCHOOL DISTRICT absolutely SUCKS when it comes to handling any issues! I know...when two men broke into the girls' locker room (YES, during school hours with the girls returning unattended after PE class) and emptied 20 locked lockers (contents stolen worth thousands!)the school administration verbally attacked the mother (of one of the girls whose items were stolen) for questioning them about this incident!!!!
The school district is getting "little pebbles" thrown at them to do something about the problems they are having in ALL of their schools with crime and bullying and they are DOING nothing about it.
What a very very sad day when something awful happens (the inevitable boulder) while everyone busy saying "Claremont is so "safe".
WAKE UP CUSD!!!!!!!! Or pay the price.
Mickey,
You are so right! You are talking about Claremont High, I believe, the theft, girls left unattended. Claremont and their "how dare you question us" is so typical of them about EVERYTHING, I know. Not just WAKE UP CUSD! WAKE UP CLAREMONT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go away Judy Nelson 55 min Judy Out 1
Why Gene Murabito goes 58 min Gene Out 1
Go away Gary Boyer 1 hr Gary Out 5
Go away Karen Davis 1 hr Karen Out 1
Go away Mendell Thompson 1 hr Mendell Out 1
Go away Chris Jeffers 3 hr Jeffered out 1
Keep free speech alive in Glendora 5 hr scream an shout 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Claremont Mortgages