UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
15,641 - 15,660 of 26,740 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Bruin BLUE

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Please USC, give Kiffin a lifetime contract!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin BLUE wrote:
Please USC, give Kiffin a lifetime contract!!!
That is an attempt at funny B Blue, but let's remember that Kiffin still has a winning record every year he has been at USC :/

We certainly could not say the same for Coach Ricky when all those Trojans were wanting him to stay forever, and Coach Jimmy has only been with us for one year :/

But I like your fight ;)

Go Bruins, for once we feel like saying fight on!

“Love El Monte & my trojans”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>That is an attempt at funny B Blue, but let's remember that Kiffin still has a winning record every year he has been at USC :/
We certainly could not say the same for Coach Ricky when all those Trojans were wanting him to stay forever, and Coach Jimmy has only been with us for one year :/
But I like your fight ;)
Go Bruins, for once we feel like saying fight on!
I'm getting a crush on you sweetie
fight on back at ya.

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing. UCLA is gonna have some SICK teams in the next 3 years...I was looking at the roster of who's returning, who red shirted this year, who's coming back from injuries, and all I can say is, I can't wait for the next season to start.
I think your outlook is a bit of a stretch. Here is a more realisitic possibility. Franklin and Fauria we know are gone! So are your pair of underperforming backup QBs and both senior cornerbacks. Plus the (B)ruins have several draft-eligible juniors and redshirt sophomores who could opt to go pro. Shaquelle Evans, Eric Kendricks, Jordan Zumwalt, Odighizuwa, Tevin McDonald and Cassius Marsh are among that group. Sophomore Xavier Su'a-Filo is also draft eligible. So what great nucleus did you say is coming back?

“110 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I think your outlook is a bit of a stretch. Here is a more realisitic possibility. Franklin and Fauria we know are gone! So are your pair of underperforming backup QBs and both senior cornerbacks. Plus the (B)ruins have several draft-eligible juniors and redshirt sophomores who could opt to go pro. Shaquelle Evans, Eric Kendricks, Jordan Zumwalt, Odighizuwa, Tevin McDonald and Cassius Marsh are among that group. Sophomore Xavier Su'a-Filo is also draft eligible. So what great nucleus did you say is coming back?
The entire OLine is coming back except for Baca the RG...Franklin, Fauria, and Baca are the only ones not returning...Evans, Fuller, Lucien, Hundley, Torian White, Xavier Sua Filo, Jake Brendal, and Simon Goines...another player that started several games is Steven Manfro who got injured, he was very effective on offense, jut not too great at Punt Returns.

On Defense, gone are Andrew Abbot, Aaron Hester and Sheldon Price, as well as Damien Holmes and Datone Jones...of those mentioned Aaron Hester and Sheldon Price hurt the team more than helped, with so many penalties (i.e. McDonald for USC). Replacing them will be two lights out corners by the name of Marcus Rios and Randall Goforth, whom any thought should have been the starters...replacing Holmes won't be hard either, Aaron Wallace, Nate Iese(monster) or Jeremy Castro. Anthony Barr and Zumwalt ain't going nowhere, and taking over for Jones there are several options, ever heard of Ellis McCarthy? Should anything happen with Brett Hundley we have two QBs that are pure passers in Neuheisel and Millweard...and also Devin Fuller can play QB, the kid is so athletic that he was switched to WR just so his talent wouldn't be wasted on the bench. I'm telling you our team is set for the future.

Recruiting rankings are way over rated I think that if a teams fills those areas in which they lack depth, that class is more successful than stacking with a bunch of 5-star class made of QBs and WR and RB...UCLA is stacked up in the OLine with the current class, we have 8 OLinemen, and anyone what has paid any attention the OLine had been our weakest area, hence 3 freshmen starting this year and one sophomore...BTW, right now UCLA has the #10 recruiting class.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/fo...

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

We also have the #10 Class on scout.com

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z...

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

USC is no secret that they have depth issues at the OLine, yet only have 2 OLinemen in this class and combined with the classes of 2012 and 2011 only have 11 OLinemen, and anyone that has played football or knows anything anything about football knows that in order to have an effective passing game you need a good OLine, and by the same token you need a good OLine to have a successful running game...so if I'm a USC fan, I would very scared of USC's fate.

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
USC is no secret that they have depth issues at the OLine, yet only have 2 OLinemen in this class and combined with the classes of 2012 and 2011 only have 11 OLinemen, and anyone that has played football or knows anything anything about football knows that in order to have an effective passing game you need a good OLine, and by the same token you need a good OLine to have a successful running game...so if I'm a USC fan, I would very scared of USC's fate.
based on the judging slither on and his skitzo self ppprick don't agree with you, LMFAO

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
based on the judging slither on and his skitzo self ppprick don't agree with you, LMFAO
I love how there is a brilliant bulb and a clueless bulb right next to eachother. The judging feature is definitely one that Topix could do away with. LOL

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
I dont know where you are coming from with your alarmist proclamations. Other then our center Holmes (who was hurt half the year anyway) leaving, we are returning our entire starting line. The two recruits we have committed are the #14 and #17 best in the country at their positions, and we have the inside track on 5 star lineman Laremy Tunsil! As much as you are living off the one year high of the Mora hype, and despite our scholarships being slightly down each year, the Trojans STILL has the number 2 Ranked incoming class for 2013 (behind ND).

GO TROJANS - WHERE WINNERS COME TO PLAY WITH CLASS!

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

fight__on wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting a crush on you sweetie
fight on back at ya.
Come on over the MBD's place for our hot tub party friend ;)

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Nation, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on judging and who is doing the judging :/

We Bruins have more important things to worry about like holding down Baylor, the top offense in the country :(

If we can beat them, we get our 10th win of the season, avoid falling out of the Top 25, and not end the season on a 3 game loser streak. Otherwise we can kiss Coach Jimmy's coach of the Pacific 12 South award goodbye :(

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Recruiting rankings are way over rated I think that if a teams fills those areas in which they lack depth, that class is more successful than stacking with a bunch of 5-star class
Lifer, that is a good rule to forcibly adapt to and live by. It helps us over look that most of our incoming Bruin lads are 3 star players :)

Let's keep our Bruin secrets to ourselves, shall we ;)

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>the Trojans STILL has the number 2 Ranked incoming class for 2013 (behind ND).
Mister Traveler, I didn't believe you so I looked it up. And I just got one thing to say, "Damn you Trojans"
:(

“Love El Monte & my trojans”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Come on over the MBD's place for our hot tub party friend ;)
No how bout your place on the sc campus,you devil.
fight on pp fight on

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know where you are coming from with your alarmist proclamations. Other then our center Holmes (who was hurt half the year anyway) leaving, we are returning our entire starting line. The two recruits we have committed are the #14 and #17 best in the country at their positions, and we have the inside track on 5 star lineman Laremy Tunsil! As much as you are living off the one year high of the Mora hype, and despite our scholarships being slightly down each year, the Trojans STILL has the number 2 Ranked incoming class for 2013 (behind ND).
GO TROJANS - WHERE WINNERS COME TO PLAY WITH CLASS!
I'm just giving my observations. If you offer to too mingled QBs you're wasting scholies with players that are never gonna get on the field. And when you have 10 scholies less to give out you have no margin for error, you're banking on these two OLine men to reach their potential, how often does that happen? As for your OLins it was average this year, you just got lucky your injuries were minimal. Hey, as long as you're happy that's all it matters, as for me? I'm ecstatic with our class talent is spread around at various positions, which is the mark of a great class, not top-heavy at any position.
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
What else did you expect from that ppryck.
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just giving my observations. If you offer to too mingled QBs you're wasting scholies with players that are never gonna get on the field. And when you have 10 scholies less to give out you have no margin for error, you're banking on these two OLine men to reach their potential, how often does that happen? As for your OLins it was average this year, you just got lucky your injuries were minimal. Hey, as long as you're happy that's all it matters, as for me? I'm ecstatic with our class talent is spread around at various positions, which is the mark of a great class, not top-heavy at any position.
***..."If you offer too many QBs you're wasting scholies..." not surprising however considering that USC has lied to their recruits stacking up on RBs during the PC era, at one time I think they had six 5-star RBs and they were all recruited with the over-used "come and compete" crap. I have no problem with USC continuing with that mentality...go ahead and get 2 QBs every year...go ahead and get 6 WRs every year the more the merrier, especially with the 10 scholie reductions.

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>What else did you expect from that ppryck.
Fellas, don't be too hard on me just because I am trying to rally the Bruin troops on a common cause. You and Nation have little room for criticism, you two fellow Bruins have almost tore each other’s throats out from time to time :/

Good thing I am around (with the occasional appearnace from Brewski) to help keep you two kids on the semi-straight and Bruin narrow ;)

Go Bruins! More hot tubs means more collective satisfaction!

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>***..."If you offer too many QBs you're wasting scholies..." not surprising however considering that USC has lied to their recruits stacking up on RBs during the PC era, at one time I think they had six 5-star RBs and they were all recruited with the over-used "come and compete" crap. I have no problem with USC continuing with that mentality...go ahead and get 2 QBs every year...go ahead and get 6 WRs every year the more the merrier, especially with the 10 scholie reductions.
Use any terminology, formula, or “era” talk you want, but USC consistently has the best recruiting classes year after year. And aside from all the haters and their cheating propaganda talk b.s., why do you think that is Robbie?

USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY WITH CLASS AND TRADITION!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Claremont Discussions

Search the Claremont Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Douglas Tessitor be expelled from Glendora 29 min gaming 37
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 34 min frozen c 7,852
Crime and Public Safety, January 13 (Jan '10) 36 min To Mrs Jones 13
Michael Jackson's Neverland Is About To Be Sold 1 hr Jina Wild_ 2
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
ALEC is exposed (Dec '12) 4 hr water threats 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
•••
•••

Claremont News Video

•••
•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Claremont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE