Baby dies after being born into toilet in Claremont

There are 37 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Baby dies after being born into toilet in Claremont. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A baby girl who was born into a toilet early Saturday morning died hours later at a local hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oh Come ON

Alhambra, CA

#1 Oct 27, 2009
What a Stupid Stupid 17 year old girl!!!! She should go to jail for this!
AngryWhittierRes ident

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 27, 2009
A hole!
AngryWhittierRes ident

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 27, 2009
A-hole!
Ugh

West Covina, CA

#4 Oct 27, 2009
Ugh ... i just had a miscarriage and would give anything to have my baby in my arms and this teenager appears as if she doesn't care !
Austin Powers

Azusa, CA

#5 Oct 27, 2009
Who does number 2 work for????!!!!!
Pinky

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2009
She was probably hiding her pregnancy from her parents...pretty stupid...she probably doesn't even realize that she killed her own baby...and how serious the situation is...would have been easier to tell her parents...
TONY FROM EAST L A

Aurora, CO

#8 Oct 27, 2009
Baby dies after being born into toilet in Claremont
YEAH THAT'LL DO IT

“Hello, I am deaf”

Since: Oct 09

Covina

#9 Oct 27, 2009
Wow! Very sad!
WC Chick

Concord, CA

#10 Oct 27, 2009
Who knows what circumstances led this girl to do such a horrible thing. We can all speculate but only she knows why she did what she did and she'll have to live with it for the rest of her life. Giving it up for adoption would have been an easy alternative. So many people out there wish they could have a baby while others throw them away like trash. May God forgive her.
Glendora Resident

La Habra, CA

#11 Oct 27, 2009
Wow, such hostility toward a 17 yr old girl ina column which lacks so many details. It's impossible to know what really happened from this article. If the girl wanted to kill her baby why did it end up expiring at a hospital?? Why was the girl released?? I don't get people killing their child after carrying it for 9 months when you can just drop it off at an ER. Poor little baby. Unfortunately it's probably for the better.
JackSchitt

Azusa, CA

#12 Oct 27, 2009
Oh Come ON wrote:
What a Stupid Stupid 17 year old girl!!!! She should go to jail for this!
You are right! This girl is old enough to know better-I hope throw the book at her!
xxsceneydudeexx

Pico Rivera, CA

#13 Oct 27, 2009
You people all saying that she "killed" her are all just a bunch of judgers!! Oh yeah just because sheís 17 she killed her??? READ the article it doesnít say the mother killed her!? it says she was born in the toilet..what if the mother in this case a 17 year old girl was feeling pains and didnít think of calling 911?? Or what if she just felt pains and it just so happened that it came out in the toilet?? if you READ the title it says "Baby dies after being born into toilet in Claremont" keyword "INTO" not born somewhere else and then being put in the toilet...and the baby died at the hospital do you really think if the mother would have wanted to kill her she would let her in the toilet rather than kill her right on the spot?? it also says the mother was taken to the hospital and treated...do you think if she would have "killed" her baby she would have waited around until authorities should up...knowing she could go to jail? You people really need to read things good and not judge her just because sheís young because Iím pretty sure thatís what is going on here...if it would have been a 35 year old I bet you guys would react so different..
FYI: I am 16 and it really makes me feel good to know that I have more common sense than most of you, who are probably adults.
g-man

Valley Village, CA

#14 Oct 27, 2009
poor baby.
Conservative

United States

#15 Oct 27, 2009
A safe program is wonderful but there aren't any programs for a frightened 17 year old,now is there?A 17 uear old may not know how to give immediate medical attention.And where in the heck are her parents as she is a minor?That's who should be prosecuted as they did not do their best to raise and nuture this young woman.
Glendora Resident

La Habra, CA

#16 Oct 27, 2009
xxsceneydudeexx wrote:
You people all saying that she "killed" her are all just a bunch of judgers!! Oh yeah just because sheís 17 she killed her??? READ the article it doesnít say the mother killed her!? it says she was born in the toilet..what if the mother in this case a 17 year old girl was feeling pains and didnít think of calling 911?? Or what if she just felt pains and it just so happened that it came out in the toilet?? if you READ the title it says "Baby dies after being born into toilet in Claremont" keyword "INTO" not born somewhere else and then being put in the toilet...and the baby died at the hospital do you really think if the mother would have wanted to kill her she would let her in the toilet rather than kill her right on the spot?? it also says the mother was taken to the hospital and treated...do you think if she would have "killed" her baby she would have waited around until authorities should up...knowing she could go to jail? You people really need to read things good and not judge her just because sheís young because Iím pretty sure thatís what is going on here...if it would have been a 35 year old I bet you guys would react so different..
FYI: I am 16 and it really makes me feel good to know that I have more common sense than most of you, who are probably adults.
Well written xxsceneydudeexx. You do have more sense than most of the people commenting on this article. Like I said before, if the mother wanted to kill her baby then why did the poor thing die at the hospital? From the very limited amount of details in the article it sounds like a series of tragic events to me.
RON

Crestline, CA

#17 Oct 27, 2009
do the same to the mom
SUKA FREE

Duarte, CA

#18 Oct 27, 2009
xxsceneydudeexx wrote:
YOU SOUND LIKE THE MOTHER TO THE BABBOON!
xxsceneydudeexx

Pico Rivera, CA

#19 Oct 27, 2009
SUKA FREE wrote:
<quoted text>YOU SOUND LIKE THE MOTHER TO THE BABBOON!
hahaha what baboon? andd if it a way to make fun of me perhaps you should learn to spell...its "baboon" not "babboon" lmao
james 626

La Crescenta, CA

#20 Oct 27, 2009
Real classy and stupid ... medical treatment evidently isn't in this girls vocabulary
polka dot

Whittier, CA

#21 Oct 27, 2009
I have to agree with xxsceneydudeexx. You guys didn't read the article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Jackson's Neverland Is About To Be Sold (Jul '14) 1 hr Octopus 177
News Organized crime on the rise in the San Gabriel ... (Aug '09) 5 hr jabroni 84
Republicans road fund complaints wrong 8 hr balloon busted 4
California CEQA stays put (Aug '12) 13 hr push them 2
Never work for a Muslim 17 hr Twisted family 5
Glendora water pipes leak all the time 17 hr Leaks abound 11
CA water board hands down water ruling May 05 2015 18 hr written 3
More from around the web

Claremont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]