Western Christian Schools approved for bonds

Western Christian Schools was recently approved for a $17 million grant to help upgrade its facilities on their Upland and Claremont campuses. Full Story
califmom

La Verne, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2010
This is the most confusing and poorly written article. Is it a bond? Who is paying for it? How is it being paid back? Is it a grant? Who funded it? And does Jeff Zwack really have such incredibly poor grammar or do you just not have an editor?
Trailtrekker

AOL

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Because the article mentions "acquisition" does that mean the property did not actual sell and is still the property of the Nazarene District? Since the article did not mention Karen Winter (nor did the previous article on the new field) did she get fired or continues on administrative leave? I would like Western Christian to thrive. Perhaps it is time to "clean house". We need good solid Christian education from the top down.
A Nazarene

Ontario, CA

#3 Oct 15, 2010
califmom wrote:
This is the most confusing and poorly written article. Is it a bond? Who is paying for it? How is it being paid back? Is it a grant? Who funded it? And does Jeff Zwack really have such incredibly poor grammar or do you just not have an editor?
It IS a bond funded by the Colorado Educational & Cultural Authority. The WCS is paying it back themselves.
A Nazarene

Ontario, CA

#4 Oct 15, 2010
Trailtrekker wrote:
Because the article mentions "acquisition" does that mean the property did not actual sell and is still the property of the Nazarene District? Since the article did not mention Karen Winter (nor did the previous article on the new field) did she get fired or continues on administrative leave? I would like Western Christian to thrive. Perhaps it is time to "clean house". We need good solid Christian education from the top down.
The property is owned by Western Christian School. Karen Winter is still the Superintendent of Western. Western Christian is triving & you can witness it for yourself at the Homecoming game tonight in Upland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 27,607
Utility tax that generates $5 million annually ... (Feb '10) 8 hr Doc Holliday 12
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Misty Me 7,968
Glendora buiding SHAM by Douglas Tessitor 9 hr Clinkdora 4
UPDATE: Mother's boyfriend suspected in 5-year-... (Mar '10) 14 hr mariomejiamm 151
Loud music Shooter FL 14 hr nine round clip 1
CalAware watching local governments 17 hr The Org 1

Fire Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at October 01 at 8:19PM PDT

Claremont News Video

Claremont Dating
Find my Match

Claremont Jobs

Claremont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Claremont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Claremont

Personal Finance