Crime and Public Safety

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Police will hold a drunken-driving, driver's license and seat-belt checkpoint between 6 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday at an undisclosed location.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
David

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

The more checkpoints the better.
checkpoints OK

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

I AGREE DAVID!!
teacherman

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

<(^_^)>

For the people who think the checkpoints are
invasion of privacy....Chill!!! They are designed to keep unlicensed, uninsured , and intoxicated drivers off the road. You will be talking a different story if you had your scooter damaged by someone who fits this profile. Peace from Pohmo ;>
pomona girl

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

is claremont going to have protesters at their next council meeting to complain?
SKP123

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

keep them up! safety first... we dont want any more costly and dangerous accidents for ANYONE!
Licensed Driver Here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

Keep up the good work Pomona PD!
what a great idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

how about we try something new at these checkpoints, why dont we employ an ins officer, a gang task force officer. and then we can kill 3 birds with one stone as they say, and also how about we change the area of the cjeckpoints, how about a less traveled road for a change, as you know the illegals and gang memebers dont travel the popular roads, as they are afraid the might get pulled over, this would save alot of lives and get rid of the illegal problem too.
Dean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

pomona girl wrote:
is claremont going to have protesters at their next council meeting to complain?
Well, that could be a "no" and "yes" question. Probably "no" if it means a Latino activist screaming racism, but then again some "liberal" Claremont hippie will probably start ACLU issue...etc.
Cherie

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Yep! thats right! YES WE CAN!!
We have the right as citizes to have our Police Dept in Pomona conduct there business where
ever and when ever they want.
The immigrants rights group has a seat at the table with the council and mayor of POMONA to discuss the check points and how it is hurting the poor and illegal of Pomona.
I wonder WHY the council DID NOT INVITE the citizens? WE ARE WORKING ON THAT!! This SANCUTARY CITY IS OUT OF CONTROL and the MAYOR wants to run OUR DISTRICT????????? WHAT??
I am one of many that have had an accident with a person w/out a drivers lisc. I GOT STUCK WITH PAYING MY DEDUCTABLE!!!!! I GOT STUCK WITH A DING ON MY INSURANCE RECORDS!!
I believe if POMONA WANTS TO BE A HAVEN FOR ILLEGALS AND WANTS THEM TO LIVE THERE THEY SHOULD AT THE VERY LEAST DO SO WITH LAW AND ORDER ON OUR STREETS!!!
Why should we tell them when and where the stops are? isnt there crime during the day also?? Why is this an issue for Pomona? At the Council Meeting the ABLA POMONA GROUP chanted outside, " no momma baby" . I guess they are mad because they cant be driving ILLEGALLY while they are here ILLEGALLY ohhhhhhhhh too dang bad!
If they dont like it, they can move.
I back the police dept that Mayor Torres keeps taking money for officers and clerks out of her budget! WIth the MURDER RATE WAY UP in Pomona you would think she would of ADDED POLICE TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS.NO!!!!! minus 6 police and 5 clerks this years budget cuts!!
AND SHE IS RUNNING FOR 61ST ASSEMBLY SEAT??
The way THIS NEWSPAPER SHOWED IT YESTERDAY they made it look like she had WON THE WHOLE DANG THING!!
The Daily Bull didn't mention WENDY MAIER that won on the Republican ticket!!!
WWW.Vote4Wendy.com
she is for law and order!! she would stop this!
We need to stop LA CO Pomona SANCUTARY from coming into our 61st district with leadership of the same. NO WAY NORMA!!!!!!!!!! SAVE OUR STATE VOTE FOR WENDY MAIER FOR 61ST!! You will have to help!! tell you friends. Norma has LOTS OF MONEY
even ads on CNN!!! no kidding!!
PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION TO ANYONE THAT IS VOTING IN CHIINO ONTERIO MONTCLAIR AND POMONA
David

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Time for the illegals to start whining and crying!!
mac

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Hurray! Get those criminals out of their cars and off the streets!
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Keep up the checkpoints and the good work.. Pay attention to the unlicensed drivers, send them back!!!
David

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Take the cars and deport the illegals.
rich

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

where is the pomona checkpot? I have a liscence and don't drive drunk but I don't feel like being detained for no reason other than the fact that I am driving down a particular road on a particular date and time.
rich

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

*checkpoint
JOENIKON

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Unlicensed , uninsured drivers are dangerous criminals.They are violating the california vehicle code and don't understand the rules of the road. But, these people are driving children to school everday. With safety an issue who is the greatest threat to school children?? A documented child molester or an undocumented, unlicensed driver? Yet, Norma T. & Christina C. question police checkpoints. Fighting crime is the responsibility of the Pomona Police and the city council should address crime as the number one priority and not listen to the demands of illegal immigrants. Has the Mayor and the city council forgotten the Pleage of Alligence?
Cherie

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

rich wrote:
where is the pomona checkpot? I have a liscence and don't drive drunk but I don't feel like being detained for no reason other than the fact that I am driving down a particular road on a particular date and time.
Your funny Rich, that was my point exactly when ABLA POMONA said ONLY AFTER 9PM to 2AM
ahhhhhh, no, we are not telling ANYONE where and when, the illegals will get the word out AS USUAL and go around daaaaaah.
Cherie

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

JOENIKON wrote:
Unlicensed , uninsured drivers are dangerous criminals.They are violating the california vehicle code and don't understand the rules of the road. But, these people are driving children to school everday. With safety an issue who is the greatest threat to school children?? A documented child molester or an undocumented, unlicensed driver? Yet, Norma T. & Christina C. question police checkpoints. Fighting crime is the responsibility of the Pomona Police and the city council should address crime as the number one priority and not listen to the demands of illegal immigrants. Has the Mayor and the city council forgotten the Pleage of Alligence?
would you be interested in helping Wendy over in your area? I am doing Chino
Last Sunday after Church I went infront of THE SPECTRUM CENTER super busy and had my flag and her sign!
I got lots of thumbs up and honks. People around here know Norma and we dont want anything to do with her.
It made me feel great to help get her name out there.
There is much to do, please, pitch in!
Cherie

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

pomona girl wrote:
I always see Professor Caldoron and the ABLA POMONA coalition there when there is trouble.
when a bunch of us went there before. I swear the mayor got on her BLACKBERRY and in 15 minutes there were 6 people there in objection to the issue I was bringing to the table.
the 230,000 the city spends on the hilton POMONA DAY LABOR CENTER! Yep, get free food medical english classes POMONA DAYLABOOR ID looks so good makes them feel LEGAL! LOL
Those creeeeeeeps dont bother me! those commies!
I stand on logic! Give them anything maybe they will move on. but oh no, they have people in there helping them get everything from housing to id.
Please help get wendy elected! Lets stop this MACHINE!
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

You better be careful about what you think. I am sure there are no corrupt police there, but to give them the power to pull over every car that comes down the road is an invasion of privacy, and allows the government a tool in which to target individuals that they dislike. An officer can find something wrong with any car if they want to and who would be there to stop them from acting without cause. There has been too much use of the words public safety in reasoning by local authorites for breaking this country's laws. No matter what you believe what is going to happen will happen regardless of what you do. So! Breaking the law in the name of safety is still breaking the law. If you do not like something then go to your state lawmakers and try to fix the problem. Setting up road blocks to look for DUI tickets or just tickets is just an abuse of authority to make money. In today's age of communications the real crooks will just simply go around your road blocks anyway. The San Francisco Transit Authority committed about a dozen direct felonies the other day and that is not counting any civil rights violations caused to the individuals using their system during this cell phone blockage. Their answer was it was a public safety issue and that no one was put in jeapordy because they didn't use to have cell phones in the old days. Well! Tell that to the business man who planned on making a margin call during that time period or the parent who tried to call to tell someone that they were going to be late to pick up their kids. No the variables are to wide and too many to figure up the possible damages caused by their illegal public safety actions. The same can be said about an illegal road block that delays someone from their life. This is not funny. Just because you are lucky that nothing happened or that no one realized that you were to blame for their problems does not mean that you are not still responsible for hurting people or damaging property through these type of actions. That is why we have laws so that the people will know what to expect and make their plans accordingly so they are not denied their rights to the pursuit of happiness that was guarenteed by the US Constitution. And as for protesters at a town meeting welcome to America the Home of the Free, but if you feel that there are illegals at the meeting feel free to contact the US INS agency, and they will come and pick them up. As for the police setting up road blocks without cause, it will not stop this towns problems anyway. Criminals have a way of avoiding these things they will just simply take a different tact, and only become a bigger burden by delaying commerce.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Claremont Discussions

Search the Claremont Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr sexy sadie 200,205
Texas we have a problem (May '10) 6 hr The Commish 14
Utility tax that generates $5 million annually ... (Feb '10) 6 hr Who is laughing now 11
Work Ability I Office Rancho Cucamonga (May '13) 8 hr Work Ability I Office 45
No vote for Gardner 10 hr observation 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Bruin For Life 26,609
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) 18 hr The Bus Driver 191
•••
•••

Claremont News Video

•••
•••

Claremont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Claremont People Search