Election mailers raise questions

Mailers targeting the challenger in the race for San Bernardino County's 2nd District seat on the Board of Supervisors have drawn fire from both candidates in the race and prompted residents and politicos alike to question who is behind them. Full Story
Fontana

Studio City, CA

#1 Oct 24, 2010
Andy

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 24, 2010
!. The article is TOO long!
2. All the extra spaces make it really difficult to read.
the truth

Chino, CA

#3 Oct 24, 2010
It doesn't matter .It's time for Biane to go do something else.Hopefully something outside of govt. Mr. Biane should be ashamed of himself (but he's not) . Janet when you become one of the supes. PLEASE don't fall prey to corruption.Those two cute kids of yours are watching what mommy says and does.
BOE Insider

Sacramento, CA

#4 Oct 24, 2010
the truth wrote:
It doesn't matter .It's time for Biane to go do something else.Hopefully something outside of govt. Mr. Biane should be ashamed of himself (but he's not). Janet when you become one of the supes. PLEASE don't fall prey to corruption.Those two cute kids of yours are watching what mommy says and does.
Speaking of "the truth" as someone who knows Janice, I know she isn't ethical at all! She has in fact been working for the state and working her campaign at the same time up until September. That means for 6 months she was stealing from the taxpayer. The she posted her calendar on her website and it very loose and WRONG. Seems she can't remember when she works or takes off. I feel bad for her if someone investigated her.
Fontana

Sacramento, CA

#5 Oct 24, 2010
Checkout Biane's Story Here....
http://paulbiane.com/
Frank

Ontario, CA

#7 Oct 24, 2010
Corporations are people and money is speech. And we wonder why our politicians are corrupt?
Taxpayer

Moreno Valley, CA

#8 Oct 24, 2010
Re: her and her late husband of legally changing their last name to "hide lawsuits and fail ure to pay employee wages." The article should include some info about this. I did not receive the mailer so I'm curious.

Read more: http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_16421393...
A True Christian Man

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Oct 24, 2010
You do realize Janice Rutherford is nothing more than a government wonk collecting $108,000 a year for sitting on her butt at home writing a weekly newsletter for Bill Leonard, member of the State Board of Equalization.

$108,000 a year for a weekly newsletter thatno one reads?!?!

Worse than Biane.
A True Christian Man

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Oct 24, 2010
Oh yeah..... about Biane's car.....

DID YOU REALLY THINK JANICE PAYS FOR HER CAR?
ASK HER WHO PAYS FOR HER CAR.
John

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#11 Oct 24, 2010

Here's what currently is missing here: So was that all of Frank Glankler's OWN money? I doubt it! If you investigated Glankers and the other's bank account you most assuredly find that some dark-figures (aka developers) contributed mightily to the account. In other words, folks like The Colonies and others who wanted to keep their names directly off the list.

This is how these crooks work. Back in the 2004 Rancho Cucamonga City Council election $300,000 was spent on negative advertising against Grossberg and Spagnolo in that race.
Yes, you guessed it -- it was developers. The Colonies partners donated the $300,000 to the union. That union was the one who put their name up front on the negative mail pieces. Thus, the true perpretrators could be shielded from immediate detection. Of course, the facts were revealed after the election. But by that time the negative and unfactual damage had already been done.

The FPPC should look into who might have given money to guys like Glankler. I will bet you a dollar to a donut that wasn't all of Glankler's money. Glankler was just stupid, beholden and naive enough to let his name be used.

These developers have become a scourge on San Bernardino County politics as you can see here. Hey, but what a deal? Donate $100,000 to Gary Ovitt's supervisorial race and guess what? Bingo!! The jackpot on the slot machine! He will be one of the three necessary votes to approve a $102 million of taxpayer funds. You couldn't get those odds in Las Vegas.

And this is why this problem will continue to persist until law enforcement digs even deeper into the murkier accounting of some of thes developers, until better laws of transparency are developed, until term limits reaches down to the local city council level, and when the voters become wiser.

And by the way: Who cares if Burum is offended by Rutherford's mailer naming Biane as John Doe #5? Especially, when you are one of the other John Doe's! Biane, Ovitt, Pomierski-Willis, Wapner and Gutierrez need to be bounced from office...and I would consider this just a good start!+
Jimmy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Oct 24, 2010
Someone needs to file a formal complaing with the FPPC and have the investigate.
A True Christian Man

Rialto, CA

#13 Oct 24, 2010
Jimmy and John- same person. Janice Rutherford hack.
A Real Voter

Rialto, CA

#14 Oct 24, 2010
DID YOU KNOW:
Janice Rutherford is nothing more than a government teet sucker

collecting $108,000 a year for sitting on her butt at home writing

a weekly newsletter for Bill Leonard, member of the State Board of

Equalization.
$108,000 a year!!! for a weekly newsletter that no one reads?!?!
She's part of the group that is the cause for all the layoffs-

however, she will never get laid off, take a pay cut, etc... she's

royalty.

DID YOU KNOW:
that Janice Rutherford flies to lavishness in

Sacramento whenever she wants?
Do you feel comfortable paying for her insanely expensive dinners,

transportation and exquisite lodging while she's up there while

your down here working hard to pay for her bills?
Has she ever thanked you for paying for her lavish life? I doubt

it.

DID YOU KNOW:
The moment Janice Rutherford stepped onto the city council of

Fontana the city debt started to take off and hasn't stopped

since? Coincidence? Nope= Janice enjoys a life of luxury AND

really enjoys making you pay for it. She'll do the same thing and

enjoy the same luxuries only on a larger scale with the county-

and again, at our expense.

DID YOU KNOW:

Janice Rutherford has never, ever worked in the real world- EVER.

She has been living off the coattails of Bill Leonard, now State

Board of Equalization, since she was in college. She has no

concept of having to produce or don't get paid like the rest of

us-

Janice just spends, eats, flies around, live in a very nice

neighborhood without ever having to worry about her income….
Because we are being forced to pay it.

*****Oh yeah..... about Biane's car.....
GreeedyPoliticia ns

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 24, 2010
Like I said before, there is no such thing as a clean politician in SB County. And these two are no exception to that rule. I love how Ms. Rutherford is trying to play the anti corruption card with some of the things people are talking about in this blog. What a phony! Neither one of them are great, believe me. But Janice, get off your high horse and look at yourself in the mirror!
The Truth of The Matter

Compton, CA

#16 Oct 24, 2010
Rutherford is on the take from the people of the State and Fontana. Over $100 K to work for Leonard with a car and other benefits. She gets paid by Fontana for attending meetings that take place when she works for the State. She takes money from people under investigation by the FBI, gives it back when she sees people looking at it, changes her name after lawsuits are brought against her for corrupt business practices and cries foul when voters concerned with her ethical stand bring it out in the open.....Is this the kind of change she is talking about?
Upland tax payer

Upland, CA

#18 Oct 24, 2010
You are one sick turkey! What do you like most about Paul Biane - that he gives away $100 mil of txpayers money or that he uses your dumb ass to pay for his car insurance in Mexico? Go get a life.
A Real Voter wrote:
DID YOU KNOW:
Janice Rutherford is nothing more than a government teet sucker
collecting $108,000 a year for sitting on her butt at home writing
a weekly newsletter for Bill Leonard, member of the State Board of
Equalization.
$108,000 a year!!! for a weekly newsletter that no one reads?!?!
She's part of the group that is the cause for all the layoffs-
however, she will never get laid off, take a pay cut, etc... she's
royalty.
DID YOU KNOW:
that Janice Rutherford flies to lavishness in
Sacramento whenever she wants?
Do you feel comfortable paying for her insanely expensive dinners,
transportation and exquisite lodging while she's up there while
your down here working hard to pay for her bills?
Has she ever thanked you for paying for her lavish life? I doubt
it.
DID YOU KNOW:
The moment Janice Rutherford stepped onto the city council of
Fontana the city debt started to take off and hasn't stopped
since? Coincidence? Nope= Janice enjoys a life of luxury AND
really enjoys making you pay for it. She'll do the same thing and
enjoy the same luxuries only on a larger scale with the county-
and again, at our expense.
DID YOU KNOW:
Janice Rutherford has never, ever worked in the real world- EVER.
She has been living off the coattails of Bill Leonard, now State
Board of Equalization, since she was in college. She has no
concept of having to produce or don't get paid like the rest of
us-
Janice just spends, eats, flies around, live in a very nice
neighborhood without ever having to worry about her income….
Because we are being forced to pay it.
*****Oh yeah..... about Biane's car.....
what a waste

South Gate, CA

#19 Oct 24, 2010
You all forgot about the Private jet ride and vacation Biane took with Dan Richards of the colonies. Champagne over the rockies while they chated about how they would go about the continued fleecing of public funds. Since we the public were all getting screwed over by their little foray, does that mean we are all in the mile high club?
Thanks for the laugh

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Oct 24, 2010
what a waste wrote:
You all forgot about the Private jet ride and vacation Biane took with Dan Richards of the colonies. Champagne over the rockies while they chated about how they would go about the continued fleecing of public funds. Since we the public were all getting screwed over by their little foray, does that mean we are all in the mile high club?
What A Waste-- boy, would I love to meet you! Love your sense of humor. Golden. Wish they made more people like you.

However, perhaps the elite entity "the Mile HIGH club" is very fitting for this group of individuals... if you get my lift...(pun intended).
name change

Temecula, CA

#21 Oct 25, 2010
Why doesn't rutherford answer why she changed her name so many times? Seems fishy to me.
curious1

Victorville, CA

#22 Oct 25, 2010
name change wrote:
Why doesn't rutherford answer why she changed her name so many times? Seems fishy to me.
I too want to know why she and her husband changed the name, and why did the reporter not ask that question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Fight On 27,930
my. baldy 1 hr baldygirl 1
Open Government Glendora (Mar '09) 1 hr slip an slide 10
Glendora can expect another Darkness Award 2 hr CA laws 1
Take douglas T weapons away from him 3 hr nerve hits 3
D Tessitor supports Communist China 3 hr all in 13
Glendora Blood alley an murders row 3 hr law an order 8

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 24 at 8:52PM PDT

Claremont News Video

Claremont Dating
Find my Match

Claremont Jobs

Claremont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Claremont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Claremont

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]