New

South Park, PA

#1 Jun 13, 2012
Hi, Im new to Clairton. I dont know much about the town or anything. Was wondering if there are any areas i could get into. I know theres meeting and things but dont know when or where. Also i see there is a pool in town. Is it open to the public? and if so where do i need to go to buy a pass? thank you to anyone who has any information for me
oh boy

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Jun 13, 2012
you've got to be kidding me, right? you've come to the right place for help and information. i'm sure several people will offer you assistance. and welcome to clairton.
Donald Duck

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jun 13, 2012
First of all there is a council meeting every month the second tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the City Municipal Building which is located on the Ravensburg Blvd. Second that is the same place you can purchase pool passes. I hope i was able to you.
Cathy

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 13, 2012
New wrote:
Hi, Im new to Clairton. I dont know much about the town or anything. Was wondering if there are any areas i could get into. I know theres meeting and things but dont know when or where. Also i see there is a pool in town. Is it open to the public? and if so where do i need to go to buy a pass? thank you to anyone who has any information for me
Hello and welcome. We've just created a website to help everyone interested to learn more about Clairton.

Please visit www.myclairton.com

The site is only a week old, but has been progressing nicely. It is done by a group called "Rebuilding Clairton Together" and it is our initiative to educate everyone on what is available in Clairton, how to access these things and where to go with questions. We are putting together a list of organizations that are doing special projects and trying to point people who want to help in the right direction.

The site has information about the pool under recreational facilities.

So...once again...welcome.
New

South Park, PA

#5 Jun 13, 2012
Thank You so much, Im happy to be here so far. lol and looking forward to the progression of the web site.
Cathy

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jun 15, 2012
New wrote:
Hello again. You didn't mention if you had young children; if you do, there is a sign up going on for the summer sport activities.
More information can be found at: http://www.myclairton.com/general.html

Enjoy your day!
huggy bear

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Jun 15, 2012
hello and welcome to clairton, city of prayer. dont be listnening to all them white folks who posted council and pool garbage. you want some action. come up to miller avenue every friday and saturday nite. stop and ask for me, huggy bear. ill show you all the hotspots in town and what joints to avoid. make sure you bring lots of cash cauz a good time will cost you. 300-400 should suffice and make sure you got a couple debit and credit cards handy also. if you is cool i will let you join my club, SSBC. no membership fees i just need your debit card for each meeting to cover any incidentals. looking forward to beating, i mean meeting you.
LMFAO

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jun 15, 2012
huggy bear wrote:
hello and welcome to clairton, city of prayer. dont be listnening to all them white folks who posted council and pool garbage. you want some action. come up to miller avenue every friday and saturday nite. stop and ask for me, huggy bear. ill show you all the hotspots in town and what joints to avoid. make sure you bring lots of cash cauz a good time will cost you. 300-400 should suffice and make sure you got a couple debit and credit cards handy also. if you is cool i will let you join my club, SSBC. no membership fees i just need your debit card for each meeting to cover any incidentals. looking forward to beating, i mean meeting you.
You said it! Put bars on your windows get a machine gun and some hand grenades. You sure picked a winner of a town to move into. I feel bad because you were probably lured by the elusive website they have. What a joke this town is. Keep your cash in your shoe! Good Luck!!
Missy All That and More

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2012
Once upon a time ...... there was a woman living in the suburbs of the North Hills. Circumstances brought to mind the small town in which she was raised and trained her Pit Bulls to fight. She remembered all of the houses in which she lived and all of the houses in which her relatives and friends lived and the Meth Labs that her family built from scratch. She recalled to mind her grade school and the church where she used to worship and fight her Pit Bulls till their eyes popped out. The priest frowned publicly on the fights but he used to lay down the dough on the fights when he was not counseling his choir boys. She remembered her high school, her teachers, the dealers she sweated for points, and the book that she ran in the behind the store front she called C-Town main street.

She still cared very much for the people who lived there, including those who had moved away and knew that their must be some way to tax them and force them into her way of thought. So, technology being what it is today, the woman decided to use one of her favorite communication tools to reach out to the people who grew up there. Sometimes she would even film officials doing things that they would eventually pay her for to keep on the down low. She knew what she had and this something was cold, pure power.

So a new a Facebook page was formed a means of influencing the weak of Clairton into her "way of thought". As the membership grew, she noticed people expressing joy from rekindled memories. She also sensed their vulnerability and saw a golden opportunity to leverage the same. She noticed people remembering friends, families, teachers, school, sports, eateries, and neighbors. People remembered their small town in its “hey day,” when we were all children, growing up, selling Meth, scoring crack, taking the LSD trip, and not knowing that our childhood would soon be some of the best memories of our lives and some of the craziest trips this side of Peters Creek. As the membership grew even more, the woman noticed sorrow being expressed, too: A sorrow that comes when you realize that your town is “not what it used to be when I was a kid, growing up there” and that some of those model glue inhalations were probably not the best thing for the ole lungs. And then the woman noticed that some of the people were expressing desire to contribute to “our town” in whatever way they could provided they could keep their ole thumbs inserted up the ole buttocks.

Yessirree, Bob, this woman knew from the "get go" that she was going to make C-Town her beeeeeyaaaaach.

Huggs! City of Prayer! Just bend over and take what I have to deliver.
Carmine

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Jun 16, 2012
what is the SSBC club?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clairton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
democratic vs republician 2 hr Aaron 3
Fracking in Renzie Park (Sep '15) 13 hr Drill Baby Drill 54
Memorial Day Flags in Renzie Park (Jun '16) 14 hr Swamp Skunk 8
Boy Mayor Cuts Sewer Deal - and it STINKS (Sep '16) 14 hr Swamp Skunk 14
Our Mayor SUX Thu Swamp Skunk 4
How to find? Thu Ready Fiveskin 5
25 Cent Adult Movies (Nov '12) Thu Readdy Fiveskin 13

Clairton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance