The Next Seattle

There are 34 comments on the Burgh Diaspora story from Aug 7, 2012, titled The Next Seattle. In it, Burgh Diaspora reports that:

After the Steel City came Roboburgh . A more recent incarnation is Energy Burgh .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burgh Diaspora.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Aug 7, 2012
Pittsburgh - The city of government, non-profits, education, healthcare, welfare and Section 8. Great European endeavors. Nothing actually made here anymore, but, Hey, enjoy it before Atlas shrugs.
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#2 Aug 7, 2012
What an ass you are! The presence of Pitt has lead to a emphasis on healthcare and bio-tech research and related start-ups; CMU's presence has lead to strength in information sciences, robotics and their associated start-ups. Pittsburgh has become a center for giants in financial services. And the Edgar Thompson works of US Steel survives, and ATI is building a billion dollar plus specialty steel rolling mill in the metro area. And natural gas production will revolutionize the economy even further.

You're just another old, angry, conservative white guy who can't recognize from where the region's future will come, and, fortunately, won't be around much longer to continue to senselessly whine about what you simply can't appreciate.
No im sayin

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
What an ass you are! The presence of Pitt has lead to a emphasis on healthcare and bio-tech research and related start-ups; CMU's presence has lead to strength in information sciences, robotics and their associated start-ups. Pittsburgh has become a center for giants in financial services. And the Edgar Thompson works of US Steel survives, and ATI is building a billion dollar plus specialty steel rolling mill in the metro area. And natural gas production will revolutionize the economy even further.
You're just another old, angry, conservative white guy who can't recognize from where the region's future will come, and, fortunately, won't be around much longer to continue to senselessly whine about what you simply can't appreciate.
Why dont you shut the F**k up! You havent the slightest clue what you are talking about he is right and im not old mother f***er!!
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#4 Aug 7, 2012
No im sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you shut the F**k up! You havent the slightest clue what you are talking about he is right and im not old mother f***er!!
I'll accept that your not old... but you're clearly one massively stupid sumbich, bubba!
No im sayin

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Aug 8, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll accept that your not old... but you're clearly one massively stupid sumbich, bubba!
Oh u think ur tough and wanna call me names!! id love to see what u would say face to face you litlle punk midget! probable hide behind ur fat wife u littlke gay fa**ot
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#6 Aug 8, 2012
Would you care to name a time and place to meet?

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Aug 8, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
The only thing that I can find that we still make here are Democratic politicians. Seems that everything else is government or service related. I don't see trucks and trains hauling our manufactured goods to market, do you?

Thanks. I'm proud to be an angry white guy. We need more of them.
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#8 Aug 8, 2012
Well I see manufactured goods leaving by truck and barge all the time, old man, from the USS ET works and more soon from the new 1.5B rolling mill in Brackenridge works of ATI. CurtisWright EMD in Harmar has been making nuclear sub power system components (formerly Westinghouse) for decades, and PPG'S Works #1(now PGW) is still shipping glass products, as it has for over a century. And there are many more examples, old fool... open your eyes, and more importantly, your mind!

And thank gawd we're still making Democratic politicians willing to fight for working Americans in those factories, universities, hospitals and offices!

And, unfortunately, I do know that you're a proud bigot... You've made that quite clear on numerous occasions, old fool!

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Aug 8, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Well I see manufactured goods leaving by truck and barge all the time, old man, from the USS ET works and more soon from the new 1.5B rolling mill in Brackenridge works of ATI. CurtisWright EMD in Harmar has been making nuclear sub power system components (formerly Westinghouse) for decades, and PPG'S Works #1(now PGW) is still shipping glass products, as it has for over a century. And there are many more examples, old fool... open your eyes, and more importantly, your mind!
And thank gawd we're still making Democratic politicians willing to fight for working Americans in those factories, universities, hospitals and offices!
And, unfortunately, I do know that you're a proud bigot... You've made that quite clear on numerous occasions, old fool!
Just where are these manufacturing facilities located in the City of Pittsburgh? I seem to remember that "smoke control" chased them all out.
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#10 Aug 8, 2012
Not the city proper, but the metro area, old man; you don't know where the Edgar Thompson Works are? Or the new rolling mill for the nation's largest specialty steel maker? Or a primary contractor for ALL the nuclear navy's power systems? Or the first PPG glass production works? And "smoke control" is federally mandated now, old man!

Come on, now... are you really a native of the 'Burgh?

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Aug 8, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Not the city proper, but the metro area, old man; you don't know where the Edgar Thompson Works are? Or the new rolling mill for the nation's largest specialty steel maker? Or a primary contractor for ALL the nuclear navy's power systems? Or the first PPG glass production works? And "smoke control" is federally mandated now, old man!
Come on, now... are you really a native of the 'Burgh?
Born and raised, Northside, long before it was called Perry Hilltop, or Perry South or whatever else. The metro area is not Pittsburgh, even though they would love to have the tax base. Manufacturing, what's left of it, has been chased from Pittsburgh to the suburbs. They have to be careful though, Old Fitz'll be labeling them sweat shops. But, then, since nobody built their own business, I guess it just don't matter anymore.
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#12 Aug 9, 2012
You're being disingenuous, old man; much of the old heavy industrial heritage of the region, and which city residents loved to claim in the past, was located outside the city limits. The steel industry was based largely in the Mon, Ohio and Allegheny River Valleys, outside of the city. Coke ovens were not located in the city, old fool. Steel was never in the city to be chased out; neither was aluminum, glass, coal, or companies like the old Westinghouse Airbrake... it was in Wilmerding, not Pittsburgh.

So cut the bullish*t, old man, and get real, eh, old fool!
No im saying

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Aug 10, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Would you care to name a time and place to meet?
You name the time and place bi**h! Im not meeting you to express myself verbally!
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#14 Aug 10, 2012
I asked YOU first, ya' wus! Afraid to respond, wimp?
No im saying

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Aug 10, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
I asked YOU first, ya' wus! Afraid to respond, wimp?
Oh sorry about that I was just giving you the choice of what part of clairton you wanted to bleed all over. Upper baseball field in the park at 930pm BE THERE!!! Please stop with the hurtful names!!:(..... ha ha ha ha
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#16 Aug 10, 2012
Sorry... I'm not familiar with Clairton. Where the heck is the "upper baseball field?" is this a public park, a school facility, a private facility? How about an address, numnutz... or is it simply that you don't intend to show anyway, so giving a specific location is therefore irrelevant to you? Cause giving someone a time less than a hour into the future, at a vague location at some distance from my locale pretty much says that to me, lil' boy! Let me know, though, if you ever do grow a set, sonny-boy!
No im saying

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Aug 10, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Sorry... I'm not familiar with Clairton. Where the heck is the "upper baseball field?" is this a public park, a school facility, a private facility? How about an address, numnutz... or is it simply that you don't intend to show anyway, so giving a specific location is therefore irrelevant to you? Cause giving someone a time less than a hour into the future, at a vague location at some distance from my locale pretty much says that to me, lil' boy! Let me know, though, if you ever do grow a set, sonny-boy!
See dumb Fu** this is why I said u decide when and where. if im sooooooo dumb then why didnt u tell me that u were from out of town so that i could give u an address.. i guess u were tooo busy thinking about eating ur mama`s pu**y!!! so where from fa**ot??? wow i tell u what the big words that u are giving sure makein me think u dont be noin what u walkin into
Just Saying

Aliquippa, PA

#18 Aug 10, 2012
Wow, what a wus! Do you give mean address... no, of course not! Then you might have to back your bullish*t words up with sum' action! But that jus' ain't gonna happen' now, holmes, is it? Didn't think so! Like I said, let me know when you grow a set, eh, sonny-boy! You a sad lil' boy, now, wussy!
No im saying

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Aug 11, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Wow, what a wus! Do you give mean address... no, of course not! Then you might have to back your bullish*t words up with sum' action! But that jus' ain't gonna happen' now, holmes, is it? Didn't think so! Like I said, let me know when you grow a set, eh, sonny-boy! You a sad lil' boy, now, wussy!
Sorry was out of it for a while. I think i smoked too much weed last night. Ok u want my addreess so u can bleed. 1225 Marion circle clairton. gps that u f**k! just com nock on my door beotch.. why make it soo hard to get beat up. i asked u a few questions and u wont answer butt u call me names i think u wont showe.. im hear waitin
No im saying

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Aug 11, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Im officially bored wit dis. u didnt show and itz bin an hour. oficially ur a bit*h!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clairton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queeg is Elaina 41 min HedgeHog 26
city of mckeesport promotes and gives office ma... 1 hr The Equalizer 12
Playground grant 1 hr The Equalizer 2
Mon Valley monsters aka government workers 2 hr The Equalizer 17
junkie desue 2 hr Sickandtired 2
Election year 3 hr nothing 43
Deleting Tifff 4 hr Skank E Hoe 2

Clairton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance