Downtown Covina shops pack up as city...

Downtown Covina shops pack up as city brings in development

There are 3 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Sep 27, 2010, titled Downtown Covina shops pack up as city brings in development. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Store owners are vacating a block of downtown retail spaces and making preparations to relocate as the city makes way for a mixed-use condominium and retail development.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Al an Barb

Covina, CA

#1 Sep 28, 2010
What about the eyesore at San Bernardino Rd. and Citrus Ave?
JoeB

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 28, 2010
The vacant auto dealerships look terrible in the downtown Covina area. They are the constant reminder of the recession. Maybe somebody could grow plants for a nursery on those giant paved areas. Possibly even turning them into a small park could work.

I think building new housing at this time is a HUGE mistake because there are MILLIONS of homes in foreclosure and unable to sell. The demand for housing will not pick up for a decade at least. In the meantime, Covina will have this giant boondoggle that will make the city look foolish at budget time.

Additionally, Covina is NOT Santa Barbara nor Disneyland, and to think that people will live in downtown Covina because of the similarities is a big joke. Who wants to live in a condo on a main street in a hot, smoggy, lower-income city center? Good luck with that one.

Christian M

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2010
Building more vacant homes is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How much money is the Planning Commission secretly making from this deal? In this economy nobody with a rational mind would think of taking out the communitys best businesses, such as the hidden gem restaurant "OFF CITRUS", and replacing it with condo's nobody will ever be able to afford. There is obviously a currupt deal going on behind closed doors here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citrus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 50 min GreatPhartz 33,403
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 1 hr Who 4,545
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 4 hr Ace kings 216
News Whistle-blower lawsuit seeks return of $500,000... 14 hr Unreal 4
Maclaren Hall childrens center or juvinile center (Dec '10) 16 hr Darline Augustine 190
News Covina police officers want pay increase (Apr '08) 22 hr James ozaeta 22
News With Wind, Heat in Forecast, Crews Scramble to ... Wed Anonymous 2

Citrus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Citrus Mortgages