17 residents vie for open West Covina...

17 residents vie for open West Covina council seat, appointment set for Tuesday

There are 1 comment on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 1, 2013, titled 17 residents vie for open West Covina council seat, appointment set for Tuesday. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A local real estate developer, several city commissioners and a West Covina school board member are in the running to become the newest face on the City Council.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

wc resident

La Puente, CA

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Steve Herfert's true colors came through at last nights City Council meeting. It's always been apparent that he had a disike for Councilman Skyes who is African American, that aside it had nothing to do with the selection process for which a replacement for the vacant Council seat would be filled. So for most of the applicants that applied a majority being made up of Minorities his comment was totally out of line with Racist overtones and as a minority myself I was offended! People of all Ethnic groups should be apalled and demand his immediate Resignation! There s "No Place" for a person like this in our City Council!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citrus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 36 min Wad my face 35,375
lost wallet 7-11 puente n pacific 19 hr Need my prop 1
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 21 hr wcCWLxS 2,839
News After 54 years, it's the end for DeMille Middle... (Jun '10) Mon Budv44 51
News Off Citrus announces closure after lease talks ... (Sep '10) Jun '17 Janet Spaulding 14
News Man fatally shot by Azusa officer after robbery... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Joseph Santacruz 7
News Area Police Officer Shoots Suspect in Domestic ... (Apr '14) Jul '16 Joseph Santacruz 3

Citrus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Citrus Mortgages