Police corruption prosecutors clueless about West Covina police...

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

An elite unit of Los Angeles County prosecutors that investigates cops was never told that a West Covina sex crimes detective was involved with an alleged victim of sexual assault, authorities said Friday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wake-Up

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 15, 2010
 
The reason prosecutors don't have a clue is because they have a vested interested in keeping the police establishment and particularly police unions happy.

Every DA is wanna' be politician. DA's get elected by demonstrating they are "tough on crime" and they need the backing of police unions to bolster that "image."

So of course they willl WHORE themselves to the will of police to make sure police are never held accountable for wrongdoing from within.
Time to Go

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 16, 2010
 
West Covina Police Chief Frank Wills said it typically isn't a crime for an investigator to be intimately involved with an alleged sexual assault victim, so long as the contact happened off-duty.

The above is reason for West Covina City Council to fire the very top man in West Covina its City Manager. For the city manager to allow this type of thinking AND statement on his watch MUST cost him his job NOW !!!!
ennis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 16, 2010
 
Time to Go wrote:
West Covina Police Chief Frank Wills said it typically isn't a crime for an investigator to be intimately involved with an alleged sexual assault victim, so long as the contact happened off-duty.
The above is reason for West Covina City Council to fire the very top man in West Covina its City Manager. For the city manager to allow this type of thinking AND statement on his watch MUST cost him his job NOW !!!!
do i smell COVER - UP .
hispanic

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Whoops! Looks like the three strike rule applies here. Takes three violations before a police officer can be charged with a crime. That seems cool, to them , not to us.
givemeabreak

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 16, 2010
 
small potatoes.CITY OF INDUSTRY SHERIFFS commit crimes against the public EVERYDAY. they are the most CORRUPT section of "law enforcement" of all 365 days a year with complaints galore that ???mysteriously??? never go on file. why then do we NEVER hear anything about these cockroaches conduct in the news??? they are predatory STOOGES. they are a street gang unto themselves. at least in my experience west covina pd has done a fine job PREVENTING crime and keeping a professional respectable presence in the neighborhoods (even going so far as to helping police industry's messes when they can't do their own job) while industry sheriffs waste more time and tax dollars HARASSING, STOPPING and JAILING harmless residents on bicycles or regular folk on their way to work! industry sheriffs are more like schoolyard bullies for hire. they have no brains, no tact, no people skills, no self-control, no respect, are incredibly bitter and lazy bafoons who have absolutely no respect for law abiding citizens, no qualifications for anything other than to be a burden on taxpayers wallets. we could use more west covina pd presence everywhere cause at least they do their jobs! the comparisons are evident in the quality of each jurisdiction's community if you have any doubts.
Native American

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 16, 2010
 
Keystone kops running amok in West Covina. Women, watch out.
What a idiot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 16, 2010
 
givemeabreak wrote:
small potatoes.CITY OF INDUSTRY SHERIFFS commit crimes against the public EVERYDAY. they are the most CORRUPT section of "law enforcement" of all 365 days a year with complaints galore that ???mysteriously??? never go on file. why then do we NEVER hear anything about these cockroaches conduct in the news??? they are predatory STOOGES. they are a street gang unto themselves. at least in my experience west covina pd has done a fine job PREVENTING crime and keeping a professional respectable presence in the neighborhoods (even going so far as to helping police industry's messes when they can't do their own job) while industry sheriffs waste more time and tax dollars HARASSING, STOPPING and JAILING harmless residents on bicycles or regular folk on their way to work! industry sheriffs are more like schoolyard bullies for hire. they have no brains, no tact, no people skills, no self-control, no respect, are incredibly bitter and lazy bafoons who have absolutely no respect for law abiding citizens, no qualifications for anything other than to be a burden on taxpayers wallets. we could use more west covina pd presence everywhere cause at least they do their jobs! the comparisons are evident in the quality of each jurisdiction's community if you have any doubts.
And this dope wrote this in his white t-shirt, marked up arm, knee high socks with short on. Yeah Industry Sherriff I'd watched this d-head close too. If this punk can steer clear of trouble then whos the dumb ass
Newby

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 17, 2010
 
givemeabreak wrote:
small potatoes.CITY OF INDUSTRY SHERIFFS commit crimes against the public EVERYDAY. they are the most CORRUPT section of "law enforcement" of all 365 days a year with complaints galore that ???mysteriously??? never go on file. why then do we NEVER hear anything about these cockroaches conduct in the news??? they are predatory STOOGES. they are a street gang unto themselves. at least in my experience west covina pd has done a fine job PREVENTING crime and keeping a professional respectable presence in the neighborhoods (even going so far as to helping police industry's messes when they can't do their own job) while industry sheriffs waste more time and tax dollars HARASSING, STOPPING and JAILING harmless residents on bicycles or regular folk on their way to work! industry sheriffs are more like schoolyard bullies for hire. they have no brains, no tact, no people skills, no self-control, no respect, are incredibly bitter and lazy bafoons who have absolutely no respect for law abiding citizens, no qualifications for anything other than to be a burden on taxpayers wallets. we could use more west covina pd presence everywhere cause at least they do their jobs! the comparisons are evident in the quality of each jurisdiction's community if you have any doubts.
Tell it like it is and while telling it you can throw in the Walnut sheriffs department also.
Newby

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

What a idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
And this dope wrote this in his white t-shirt, marked up arm, knee high socks with short on. Yeah Industry Sherriff I'd watched this d-head close too. If this punk can steer clear of trouble then whos the dumb ****
Ahh! You are!(dumb ***)
Hummmmm! Do you happen to be a sheriff? You sure have their mentality!
BEAN COUNTER

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 18, 2010
 
"West Covina Police Chief Frank Wills said it typically isn't a crime for an investigator to be intimately involved with an alleged sexual assault victim, so long as the contact happened off-duty"
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO UUMMM......

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYTIME AN OFFICER OF THE LAW GETS CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING WRONG, WHETHER ITS PHILANDERING WITH A SUSPECTS WIFE, PLACEKICKING A PRONE SUSPECT IN THE HEAD, OR EVEN SHOOTING AND KILLING AN UNARMED "SUSPECT" ITS ALWAYS JUSTIFIED?
Hadsell Wills Must Go

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 18, 2010
 
Wills thinks it is ok what a joke. The idiot is sleeping with Hadsell and the rotary woman and who knows how many in the WCPD. This man has been sleeping with Hadsell since the Pasadena days and helping her thru the ranks without testing for LT and failed the Captain test but she can be chief why it's called favor time. I guess there needs to be an ethics test for all police chiefs on how to keep your sex life out of your work all big companies know this is bad and have strict rules for it. I truly hope the FBI is on this case because it won't be investigated properly if it is local boys.
Mufon

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 18, 2010
 
Givemeabreak,

So what are you doing about it, other than blogging in a local paper? Sounds like you should take this to the grand jury, FBI, sheriff's independent monitor or federal Department of Justice. Assuming, of course, you have some substantiation or evidence.
Poet

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 18, 2010
 
Hadsell Wills Must Go wrote:
Wills thinks it is ok what a joke. The idiot is sleeping with Hadsell and the rotary woman and who knows how many in the WCPD. This man has been sleeping with Hadsell since the Pasadena days and helping her thru the ranks without testing for LT and failed the Captain test but she can be chief why it's called favor time. I guess there needs to be an ethics test for all police chiefs on how to keep your sex life out of your work all big companies know this is bad and have strict rules for it. I truly hope the FBI is on this case because it won't be investigated properly if it is local boys.
Chief Wills is single. The women you mentioned are single. Where's the crime????
Poet

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 18, 2010
 
Time to Go wrote:
West Covina Police Chief Frank Wills said it typically isn't a crime for an investigator to be intimately involved with an alleged sexual assault victim, so long as the contact happened off-duty.
The above is reason for West Covina City Council to fire the very top man in West Covina its City Manager. For the city manager to allow this type of thinking AND statement on his watch MUST cost him his job NOW !!!!
Your time would be better spent looking up penal codes, instead of blogging. Chief Wills said it is typically not a crime, because it's not a crime. And this is your argument for firing our elite city manager? Mr. Passmant is the best city manager West Covina has ever had.
Cry Baby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 18, 2010
 
Greg Tuttle, Mr. Pomona, today who knows what you call yourself but stop crying!!!!!!!!!Are you mad at all women or just Chief Hadsell??? You need to stop blaming all women because your wife left you for a cop. Be the man your mom wanted you to be and move on. Your wife was tired of all your short comings and incorrect information that you fart off. Be a man come out of the closet with your proof. Go to the FBI yourself with all your information. We will all be so proud of you. Maybe she will come back to you, NOT.........It sound sad like you are jealous that everyone is sleeping with someone except for you. Look in the mirror do you blame them or her...Get a life with real people not blow up ones..
waiting

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 21, 2010
 
Look folks. We all know that there are corrupt people EVERYWHERE. But just because there is a boys club in police departments does not make it an automatic that every person therein is guilty. When you come across an emergency in your life or someone you care for, I know you (wake-up in Rosemead) will be the 1st to call 911, and they will come. Every story has to be judged independent of your own personal biases in order to find the truth. You also have to ask yourself questions. Like this lady is pointing the finger at her husband whom she has been separated from for 15 yrs, and now she is pointing the finger at a police officer. Liar, liar pants on fire! Puh-lease, folks. Taylor may very well be guilty - no one knows yet. No one knows what the investigators are doing or what they have found. He was found guilty before yes but that does not make him auto guilty. It does make him a perfect candidate for a setup though. And maybe he fell for the setup but that does not take away from the fact it was a setup, and yes, that does not make him less guilty. Look at the accuser folks! She is a 50 yr old woman who was the separated wife of a doctor. She never did anything worthy with her life and now thinks it is funny that she is destroying lives. If the W. Covina police dept is dumb enough to settle then there is no one there with a backbone willing to stand for their own when needed. Especially when it comes to the Major of Baldwin Park who has chosen to remove himself from upstanding people like his own chief of police, Hadsell, who has helped the community of Baldwin Park on a number of levels. Instead of protecting people who have put their lives on the line day in and day out whether it was years ago or now from an office, Hadsell deserves his support. I thought it would have been better to fight together to get to the bottom of this huge fiasco but instead he would rather put the community of Baldwin Park on shaky ground with all the people that have been chosen by them to serve and protect. But all the Mayor can do is hovel in a corner. This folks is the ugliness of politics. Internal affairs or FBI, whomever, we can only hope can come up with the facts. And the facts go way deeper than a woman pointing fingers. It is about extortion, and money, both of which can lead to a lost life. This woman is just a conduit in this master plan.
ABCD

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 2, 2010
 
What a idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
And this dope wrote this in his white t-shirt, marked up arm, knee high socks with short on. Yeah Industry Sherriff I'd watched this d-head close too. If this punk can steer clear of trouble then whos the dumb ****
since when is it a crime to dress as you like , if you have a problem with people that dress like that tell them to their face . but I'm sure your a coward and just put your head down and keep walking , if not running .
correction

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 16, 2010
 
Liar, liar pants on fire! Puh-lease, folks. Taylor may very well be guilty - no one knows yet. No one knows what the investigators are doing or what they have found. He was found guilty before yes but that does not make him auto guilty.

I believe "waiting" meant the detective is Tyler Kennedy not Taylor as mentioned.
brk

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 5, 2010
 
some of you are pathetic. you read this article and dont even check anywhere to see if its true or what your saying is just rambling trash. just because this officer willingly slept with a woman off duty doesnt mean anything. im sure half of you have jobs your not supposed to sleep with your co-workers yet people still do. your trashing someone who may have children and not even bothering to find out the whole story.
Benejerk Speaks

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 7, 2010
 
Cry Baby wrote:
Greg Tuttle, Mr. Pomona, today who knows what you call yourself but stop crying!!!!!!!!!Are you mad at all women or just Chief Hadsell??? You need to stop blaming all women because your wife left you for a cop. Be the man your mom wanted you to be and move on. Your wife was tired of all your short comings and incorrect information that you fart off. Be a man come out of the closet with your proof. Go to the FBI yourself with all your information. We will all be so proud of you. Maybe she will come back to you, NOT.........It sound sad like you are jealous that everyone is sleeping with someone except for you. Look in the mirror do you blame them or her...Get a life with real people not blow up ones..
Ah speaking of short comings how is unemployed,lost council seat,lost metro seat,and lost home and had to move to East LA doing. I bet that apartment is bigger than that little dump you overpaid for isn't it. What happen to Mr. UPS man who came back to save the city of Baldwin Park. I guess once a loser and a drunk always one. BYE BYE CHUMP

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Citrus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Citrus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Citrus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Citrus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••