Ashland, OH

#24 May 19, 2013
I knew you two would hit it off.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#25 May 20, 2013
I is me wrote:
<quoted text>
And you just completely summed up the real problem with this entire topic. There is a difference between discipline and abuse. If I did something wrong I was pulled aside, told what was wrong and I had my ass swatted and I was sent to the corner to think about what I did for five minutes. I learned not to do it again. If I back talked or started cursing, I got tapped on the mouth and sent to the corner. The problem with this country is so many people mistake discipline and abuse. Spanking your child for what they did wrong to get a point across is discipline. Beating your child until they are bruised is abuse. Hillary Clinton claiming telling children "no" if they want ice cream is NOT abuse.
I thank my parents for the discipline they gave me. I'm a better man for it. I respect my father, love my mother. I hold doors open for others, I think of what I do before I do it so as not to hurt others whenever I can avoid it. I wait my turn in conversations and not butt in rudely. I treat my peers as I wish to be treated, I respect my elders. I refer to others as sir and ma'am respectfully. I get complimented all the time. A man my father works with had my dad's chest swelling with pride as he complimented him having a fine, respectful son. I have customers at my place of work telling me I'm very respectful giving me high customer service marks. I have respect from my managers because I respect them in turn.
I was disciplined growing up. You were abused. Two different beasts, while I am sorry you were done wrong. You like 85% of America have the two mixed up and overstep the fine line that differentiates the two. I'm willing to put a paycheck on it your therapist refers to what happens to you as ABUSE and would tell you that discipline is something entirely different than you're describing.
I'm sure talking to and then a corner or a timeout would have done the same as the spanking
I is me

Circleville, OH

#26 May 20, 2013
Remember n1991 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure talking to and then a corner or a timeout would have done the same as the spanking
Yes and no. We are all different. The US military disciplines soldiers with rigorous training. Does it work for everyone? Nope. That is why you have some whom are discharged as the discipline at hand has no real effect on them. To be honest with you I think it wouldn't have worked on me. I wish my parents had been more stern with me because I was an unbearable little brat when I was younger. Grounding me did no good because I made everyone around me miserable until they just gave in. Some of us need that stronger form of discipline.
TommyFnJenkins

Circleville, OH

#27 May 23, 2013
I will beat my kids,like they owe me money,i will drink in excess,i will start fires,fights,gossip,i will not hit a lady.....but I will smack a bitch if they getting to feisty,i will drive fast,beat up,and get beaten up,play my music loud,shoot,stab smoke and cuss in public,all this due to fact I was beaten as a child,

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#28 May 23, 2013
ashamed wrote:
I see nothing wrong with spanking as long as its reasonable! There's a difference between abuse and swating a child's behind! A lot of these children that are put on meds for ADHD wil become future drug addicts! Maybe if mom and dad spanked their children once in awhile,meds wouldn't be needed! I was spanked as a child and I'm fine today!
Hell yes, I was spanked and I learned from it. Dad would say, "do that again and you'll get more of the same". Very educational.
Dude

Cornwall, Canada

#29 Jul 21, 2013
I was actually a really good kid and was rarely ever punished, but I'm the youngest and got away with stuff too. I pushed the limits and probably should have been punished more than I was.

Was I spanked? Not really. Not as a flat out punishment anyway. The rare time I got punished it was kneeling with my nose in the corner. When I was little I threw a few tantrums that would earn me a smack on the butt, if that counts. That smartens you up...
Aaliyah

Chicago, IL

#31 Jul 21, 2013
I was never spanked

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the people begging for money at walmart (Dec '11) 3 min ashley 78
Derek cote and tay 7 min agent 4
Liberty pawn shop 44 min right 11
nikki wiggins 53 min yeahyeah 6
Parmer busted 57 min aight 10
Caleb Lintz suicide 1 hr helen roper 14
michelle parmer should be finacially responsible 1 hr helen roper 3

Winter Storm Warning for Pickaway County was issued at March 04 at 4:01PM EST

Circleville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Circleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:28 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:28PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
Bleacher Report12:15 PM
Hawkins Wrote Fake Recommendation to Land an NFL Agent
Bleacher Report 2:00 PM
Should Browns Spend Big on Maclin or Draft WR?