Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
StarryStarry

Canton, OH

#8881 Sep 14, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Can't you people see that Che and likely SaveYourself are likely paid democrat idiots.... I suspected Che a while back. It's like talking to a post. Quit it.
Oh noes! Now you have hurt the other Hershey's feelings, by not stating that they, too, are paid a penny per post by the DNC. They will probably start killing, looting, destroying, beheading, dragging bodies through the street, burning the American flag, because their feelings are hurt.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8882 Sep 14, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Rasmussen is the only polling entity that regularly has shown Mittens close or ahead in the past month, uses smaller samples (by about half), and has a much higher margin of error (typically double) than the others.
And you know as well as I do, because of the electoral college, the "national poll" numbers are fairly pointless.
woof
Presidential
[edit]2000

Progressive Review conducted a review of polling accuracy in the 2000 presidential primaries. The review ranked Rasmussen Research number one in accuracy.[34] Rasmussen's prediction for the 2000 presidential election was off by 4.5%,[35] compared to the average 1.1% margin of error most other nationa

In the 2004 presidential election, "Rasmussen...beat most of their human competitors in the battleground states, often by large margins," according to Slate magazine.[37] Rasmussen projected the 2004 presidential results within one percentage point of the actual vote totals earned by both George W. Bush and John Kerry.[38]

In 2004, Slate said they “publicly doubted and privately derided Rasmussen” polls because of the methodology. However, after the election, they concluded that Rasmussen’s polls were the most accurate.[37]

[edit]2008
According to Politico, "Rasmussen’s final poll of the 2008 general election — showing Obama defeating Arizona Sen. John McCain 52 percent to 46 percent — closely mirrored the election’s outcome."[39] In reference to the 2008 presidential election, a Talking Points Memo article said, "Rasmussen's final polls had Obama ahead 52%-46%, which was nearly identical to Obama's final margin of 53%-46%, and made him one of the most accurate pollsters out there."[40] A Fordham University analysis ranked 23 survey research organizations on the accuracy of their final, national pre-election polls. Rasmussen Reports and Pew Research Center tied as the most accurate.[41]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Report...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8883 Sep 14, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
Hey neat. That Christian man who made the anti-Islam movie that caused all those riots and got Americans killed over in the middle east, has now put us in danger here in the United States. I'm sure the timing of his hate flick has nothing to do with the elections.
Only if you're stupid enough to believe that this film had anything to do with these 911 attacks overseas. If not for the film, this would have happened anyway using some other excuse.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8884 Sep 14, 2012
Judge Strikes Down Wis. Law Limiting Union Rights

A Wisconsin judge on Friday struck down nearly all of the state law championed by Gov. Scott Walker that effectively ended collective bargaining rights for most public workers.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8885 Sep 14, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
"During the 21st century, public support for legalizing same-sex marriage has grown considerably, and various national polls now show that a majority of Americans support same-sex marriage"
Shows you how accurate your polls are now doesn't it? Fine, put it to a vote in any state and see if SSM passes. We won before, and we would win again.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8886 Sep 14, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox holds it's own, huh?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
Yes they do:

When Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, New Jersey, told the world six months ago that it had scientific evidence proving that viewers of the Fox News Channel are less informed than those who watch no news at all, FNC ignored them, even as the report went viral over the Internet.

Not this time.

This month, FDU released another of its PublicMind polls touting that “this nationwide survey confirms initial findings” of ill-informed FNC viewers, and an FNC spokesperson blasted the findings and turned the tables on the university, pointing out that its own students don’t exactly measure up academically.(FDU was No. 585 on a Forbes ranking of 650 U.S. colleges.)

“Considering FDU’s undergraduate school is ranked as one of the worst in the country,” said the FNC spokesperson,“we suggest the school invest in improving its weak academic program instead of spending money on frivolous polling – their student body does not deserve to be so ill-informed.”
PHOTOS: Box Office Politics: The Movies and Stars Dems vs. GOPers Love (and Love to Hate)

The new poll from FDU asked 1,185 people to answer five questions about international news events and four about national news. The average person getting their news from FNC answered 1.08 international questions correctly and 1.04 domestic questions correctly, both of which were lower than viewers of “no news.”

Viewers of MSNBC scored next to last in international questions (also below “no news”) and third to last (ahead of “no news”) on the domestic questions.

The study, though, didn’t actually identify people who got their news only from one source, so they used “multinomial logistic regression” to create representations of such people who were then compared “to a hypothetical construct of someone who had no recent news exposure.”

Dan Cassino, one of the professors of political science at FDU who authored the two studies, acknowledged a hailstorm of criticism (he wrote about it for The Huffington Post) after the first study was released, and he told The Hollywood Reporter it was regrettable so many bloggers focused on the low results of FNC but ignored almost equally low results for MSNBC.

“It was sensationalized – and that’s the dominant bias in the media, sensationalism," he said. "MSNBC was second worst, but it wasn’t talked about."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-new...
free

Loveland, OH

#8887 Sep 14, 2012
My kind ? What about before the civil war ? No, what should they do to the entire state of Texas, you juvenile delinquent ? Why are you so frustratingly hostile ?
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, your kind has been getting it's @ss whooped since the civil war. As far as me being overthrown, leave it to you hoopties to think you're the only ones with guns. Just like the government can do to you right now, I'd punch in your location on GPS and let a drone shove a missile up your revolution. You know, like what they should do to the entire state of Texas.
free

Loveland, OH

#8888 Sep 14, 2012
Activist judge legislating from the bench. Oh great, a union judge paid off by the membership....Maybe every privately held company should pull out and move to Ohio ? How would that affect Wisconsin's tax base ?
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Judge Strikes Down Wis. Law Limiting Union Rights
A Wisconsin judge on Friday struck down nearly all of the state law championed by Gov. Scott Walker that effectively ended collective bargaining rights for most public workers.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Since: Aug 12

United States

#8889 Sep 14, 2012
Tax revenue is just printed when they don't have enough and don't want to suffer the embarrassment of borrowing from China anymore, that's assuming they'd even loan the US any more money.

Who cares how many companies move away....
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#8890 Sep 14, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidential
[edit]2000
Progressive Review conducted a review of polling accuracy in the 2000 presidential primaries. The review ranked Rasmussen Research number one in accuracy.[34] Rasmussen's prediction for the 2000 presidential election was off by 4.5%,[35] compared to the average 1.1% margin of error most other nationa
In the 2004 presidential election, "Rasmussen...beat most of their human competitors in the battleground states, often by large margins," according to Slate magazine.[37] Rasmussen projected the 2004 presidential results within one percentage point of the actual vote totals earned by both George W. Bush and John Kerry.[38]
In 2004, Slate said they “publicly doubted and privately derided Rasmussen” polls because of the methodology. However, after the election, they concluded that Rasmussen’s polls were the most accurate.[37]
[edit]2008
According to Politico, "Rasmussen’s final poll of the 2008 general election — showing Obama defeating Arizona Sen. John McCain 52 percent to 46 percent — closely mirrored the election’s outcome."[39] In reference to the 2008 presidential election, a Talking Points Memo article said, "Rasmussen's final polls had Obama ahead 52%-46%, which was nearly identical to Obama's final margin of 53%-46%, and made him one of the most accurate pollsters out there."[40] A Fordham University analysis ranked 23 survey research organizations on the accuracy of their final, national pre-election polls. Rasmussen Reports and Pew Research Center tied as the most accurate.[41]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Report...
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...

woof
Sue Robbins

AOL

#8891 Sep 14, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do:
When Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, New Jersey, told the world six months ago that it had scientific evidence proving that viewers of the Fox News Channel are less informed than those who watch no news at all, FNC ignored them, even as the report went viral over the Internet.
Not this time.
This month, FDU released another of its PublicMind polls touting that “this nationwide survey confirms initial findings” of ill-informed FNC viewers, and an FNC spokesperson blasted the findings and turned the tables on the university, pointing out that its own students don’t exactly measure up academically.(FDU was No. 585 on a Forbes ranking of 650 U.S. colleges.)
“Considering FDU’s undergraduate school is ranked as one of the worst in the country,” said the FNC spokesperson,“we suggest the school invest in improving its weak academic program instead of spending money on frivolous polling – their student body does not deserve to be so ill-informed.”
PHOTOS: Box Office Politics: The Movies and Stars Dems vs. GOPers Love (and Love to Hate)
The new poll from FDU asked 1,185 people to answer five questions about international news events and four about national news. The average person getting their news from FNC answered 1.08 international questions correctly and 1.04 domestic questions correctly, both of which were lower than viewers of “no news.”
Viewers of MSNBC scored next to last in international questions (also below “no news”) and third to last (ahead of “no news”) on the domestic questions.
The study, though, didn’t actually identify people who got their news only from one source, so they used “multinomial logistic regression” to create representations of such people who were then compared “to a hypothetical construct of someone who had no recent news exposure.”
Dan Cassino, one of the professors of political science at FDU who authored the two studies, acknowledged a hailstorm of criticism (he wrote about it for The Huffington Post) after the first study was released, and he told The Hollywood Reporter it was regrettable so many bloggers focused on the low results of FNC but ignored almost equally low results for MSNBC.
“It was sensationalized – and that’s the dominant bias in the media, sensationalism," he said. "MSNBC was second worst, but it wasn’t talked about."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-new...
As long as Ohio isn't stupid enough to elect anymore anti american left wing lunatic gangsters our children and grand children might have a shot at a decent future. Some pollsters have given up all hope for Ohio families. Some say Ohioans are sadists who will even vote for Obama again. I refuse to give up on Ohio.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#8894 Sep 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you're stupid enough to believe that this film had anything to do with these 911 attacks overseas. If not for the film, this would have happened anyway using some other excuse.
I think the human race needs to move past religion to survive. I agree that they were looking for a reason. They have a fanatic mindset that shows it's head here in the US through another very popular religion. I think a relationship with God is a personal one and that people insisting on having their nose up other people's asses has done alot of harm and has divided this nation. As long as each side is only focused on the next election and is unwilling to work with each other, we are frozen in progress.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#8895 Sep 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows you how accurate your polls are now doesn't it? Fine, put it to a vote in any state and see if SSM passes. We won before, and we would win again.
Why do you even care? It's their pursuit of happiness and I sure as hell don't find gay marriage, or abortion or "In God we trust" having the least effect on my drive to work every day or anybody's for that matter. No effect on any part of my life, period. It's why I don't care. Your religious views are just that. Believe what you want but don't believe that forcing your religion on others is somehow the American way. I personally don't think abortion is in any form a solution for birth control but who the hell am I to tell a woman what she can or can't do with the rest of her life, when she is acting within the law? I also don't think abortion is going anywhere, because people would just travel to have it done anyway. Right or wrong, why is that so hard for you to see?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#8896 Sep 15, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Can't you people see that Che and likely SaveYourself are likely paid democrat idiots.... I suspected Che a while back. It's like talking to a post. Quit it.
Wow. Paranoid much? Thanks though for pointing out the fact that the asswhooping I am dishing out on you is nothing short of professional level quality. I, like most Americans, have nothing to do with the atheist, communist, liberal, leftist, baby killing, gay Muslim you imagine hiding around every corner. I don't like the land, water and air to be f'd because of someone elses's greed under the excuse that Jesus will be back soon. I also don't like religion being used to push unrelated political agendas. I'm not a big fan of companies that have already moved past any notion of country borders in this global economy, taking over our government and I don't want to hear fanatic crap about birth certificates or any of that other propaganda bullsh1t from something that really boils down to rich white guys not liking black people. I am sick of tax paying, working Americans being viewed as free loaders, while CEO's give themselves bonuses, and find it disgusting to see people so gleefully trying to gut the middle class, only because they hate poor people and think everyone is on welfare.
free

Loveland, OH

#8897 Sep 15, 2012
Government might as well outsource currency printing since we owe them anyway. They could just keep a portion of numbered paper to cover our debt, disperse foreign aid around the globe and send us what's left.
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Tax revenue is just printed when they don't have enough and don't want to suffer the embarrassment of borrowing from China anymore, that's assuming they'd even loan the US any more money.
Who cares how many companies move away....
Rakk

Columbus, OH

#8898 Sep 15, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Paranoid much? Thanks though for pointing out the fact that the asswhooping I am dishing out on you is nothing short of professional level quality. I, like most Americans, have nothing to do with the atheist, communist, liberal, leftist, baby killing, gay Muslim you imagine hiding around every corner. I don't like the land, water and air to be f'd because of someone elses's greed under the excuse that Jesus will be back soon. I also don't like religion being used to push unrelated political agendas. I'm not a big fan of companies that have already moved past any notion of country borders in this global economy, taking over our government and I don't want to hear fanatic crap about birth certificates or any of that other propaganda bullsh1t from something that really boils down to rich white guys not liking black people. I am sick of tax paying, working Americans being viewed as free loaders, while CEO's give themselves bonuses, and find it disgusting to see people so gleefully trying to gut the middle class, only because they hate poor people and think everyone is on welfare.
Ladies and Gentleman I give you... A senseless rant!!! Good for you!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#8899 Sep 15, 2012
Henry Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>I realize that every time you piss on my Church.
You don't get it. I don't care what fairy tale you choose to follow or what magic crackers you choose to eat. I care when you try to force your fairy tale views on other people and when your Church systematically rapes little children. If you would leave everybody else alone and protect the kids, you would never hear from me about your church.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8901 Sep 15, 2012
Sue Robbins wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as Ohio isn't stupid enough to elect anymore anti american left wing lunatic gangsters our children and grand children might have a shot at a decent future. Some pollsters have given up all hope for Ohio families. Some say Ohioans are sadists who will even vote for Obama again. I refuse to give up on Ohio.
Atta girl. Keep that chin up. Polls really don't mean much of anything and history has proved that. Liberals everywhere were outraged at the loss of John FFFFFF Kerry because they claimed the polls painted a much different picture.

I never get polled. Why? Because I don't have a landline in my home. My cell phone is plenty for me as with many Americans, but pollsters don't call cell phones. I also don't pay attention to any polls that have un-proportional demographics. When they poll 7% more Democrats than Republicans, don't even give it consideration.

The only polls I give a second look at are exit polls or likely voter polls. If conducted honestly, they are about the closest thing you will get to the actual results.
StarryStarry

Canton, OH

#8902 Sep 15, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. I don't care what fairy tale you choose to follow or what magic crackers you choose to eat. I care when you try to force your fairy tale views on other people and when your Church systematically rapes little children. If you would leave everybody else alone and protect the kids, you would never hear from me about your church.
It must have disgusted you to see Obama and Clinton bow their head in prayer at Andrew Air Force Base.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#8903 Sep 15, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the human race needs to move past religion to survive. I agree that they were looking for a reason. They have a fanatic mindset that shows it's head here in the US through another very popular religion. I think a relationship with God is a personal one and that people insisting on having their nose up other people's asses has done alot of harm and has divided this nation. As long as each side is only focused on the next election and is unwilling to work with each other, we are frozen in progress.
The only divide in this country when it comes to religion are those who are religious and those who despise religion. That's about it. At least in the US, you never hear about Baptists fighting Catholics or Protestants attacking Judaism. When attacks in religion occur, it's usually the ACLU or some individual protesting a nativity scene in front of city hall. Like that's the biggest problem they have in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Relocation (Dec '16) 1 min texas pete 37,937
Jessica is a kook 7 min Sue 36
So called Jessica 9 min Jay 23
Jessica was molested as a young troll 12 min Jay 5
Gibbys 14 min Sharty 13
Mary Johnson in PJC!! 1 hr Titus 2
Sofadil no place for women 2 hr shadow_hunter 25

Circleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance