Anyone remember the Matchbox?

Posted in the Circleville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Livin Large

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jul 18, 2012
I use to love the Matchbox and I'm recognizing a lot of names on this forum of people that use to hang out there. I'm not gonna mention any names, but from the looks of things they've never grown up....in and out of jail, doing and selling drugs and so on.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 18, 2012
Snatchbox

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 18, 2012
O.M.G i loved the matchbox (sadly) lol. when i moved up here i was sad to see it was something else now. I wouldnt go now been some time since i was there. (OH those were the days) I went by teresa.lol never my real name.
fights

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Enjoyed watching the "thugs" fight...
sausage

United States

#8 Jul 19, 2012
Used to be the happenest spot in this town. If you didn't start out there you ended up there. Then this flaming douche bag bought it. What a complete dickhead. He thinks he is so high and mighty. Don't serve our kind. Fuck him. He has his chosen crowd in there and still has just as much drama. He just ain't making no money off of the bar. I was told he slings more dope than April did but to the high and mighty,like himself. Great cover up for him. Too bad he is such an ass. Nice location just moron ran.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Jul 19, 2012
What a dirty, scummy, divebar it was.
If you were a LOWLIFE you hung out there.
Makes me itch just thinkin about it.
angie W

New Marshfield, OH

#10 Jul 19, 2012
sausage wrote:
Used to be the happenest spot in this town. If you didn't start out there you ended up there. Then this flaming douche bag bought it. What a complete dickhead. He thinks he is so high and mighty. Don't serve our kind. Fuck him. He has his chosen crowd in there and still has just as much drama. He just ain't making no money off of the bar. I was told he slings more dope than April did but to the high and mighty,like himself. Great cover up for him. Too bad he is such an ass. Nice location just moron ran.
um excuse me dick, that bar now is much better than the drug house it used to be..i love holly and frank and its the best bar in circleville....u just cant stand it cause u cant deal ur drugs out of there anymore dumbass!!!
Lovinglife

United States

#11 Jul 19, 2012
angie W wrote:
<quoted text>
um excuse me dick, that bar now is much better than the drug house it used to be..i love holly and frank and its the best bar in circleville....u just cant stand it cause u cant deal ur drugs out of there anymore dumbass!!!
I totally agree with you. Keep the riff raff out.....
Murr

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 19, 2012
I still call it snatch box. I don't go into bars but I know a lot of people that do and people that loved going there. Heard some real.....no so amazing stories lol
Livin Large

Powell, OH

#13 Jul 20, 2012
Murr wrote:
I still call it snatch box. I don't go into bars but I know a lot of people that do and people that loved going there. Heard some real.....no so amazing stories lol
I was probably involved in those amazing stories!
charlie

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Jul 27, 2013
Me and my friends used to go there once a week for karaoke hosted by Michael T. Those were fun times.
Now I here the place is run down or something.
The owner should call bar rescue. I bet John Taffer would fix that place up.
U Name It I Know It

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 27, 2013
I used to blow lil colored boys outside on the patio for crack!mmmmmm,mmmmmmI lovem both,NEEDLE UP!
To Funk To Druck

Fairfax, VA

#17 Jul 27, 2013
Used to run that place back in the day. Anyone remember the loggers inn, goldcliff tavern or Casionos that was down town? All the good bars are gone. Berts Oaisis Butch Hailys. Man I miss those days.
Love the matchbox

Wilmington, OH

#18 Jul 27, 2013
Matchbox was my spot ! Every weekend Friday and Saturday after work. I lived there on weekends and then it go over ran by trashy Columbus trash blacks.Drugs in and out ! What a shame .I haven't been in any bar since it shut down . That place is lame now ! All the bars in roundtown are crappy but if I had to choose it would be Gios. I'm over the bar scene since matchbox is gone.
memory lane

Ashville, OH

#19 Jul 27, 2013
There was a lot of things going on that wasn't legal as for every bar BUT....those were the days. I had a blast!!! Never bought or done drugs, didn't leave with men but had fun every time I was there. Loved the company and the dance!!!
Love me some

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 29, 2013
Goldcliff wow was that place fun it was my second home
good times

Van Wert, OH

#22 Jul 30, 2013
People can call it trashy but everyone went there you didn't have to do drugs some people just went there to dance and drink after hours! It was absolutely trashy but also a lot of fun!
Good Times

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 30, 2013
good times wrote:
People can call it trashy but everyone went there you didn't have to do drugs some people just went there to dance and drink after hours! It was absolutely trashy but also a lot of fun!
I never seen the drugs ,I'm positive they were there ,like they are in most bars but no one ever came up and said hey you want to buy some drugs. That was my home on the weekends. Friday and Saturday night.8pm to 2am sometimes later.I loved that place.
Tooth Fairy

United States

#24 Aug 1, 2013
I loved that place! I was cute, young & dumb at the time, but I had lots of fun! Those were the days! Paula was a great bartender.
Hitler

Holton, IN

#26 Aug 3, 2013
Yea, I ran em all early to mid 80's. Even tended bar at tootles n delivered pizza at Gio's! Had fun at matchbox when there was nowhere else to go! Last chance for Tang on a slow night! Haha. But ya have toadmit it was a dive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Greeno 11 min True 1
add a word drop a word (Oct '13) 37 min rick 1,607
movie title that describes your sexual parts 1 hr Sad 38
Kyle nuchols brother, Devon (Jan '16) 1 hr just a mom 10
Jon Bialy and Bialy Corp. 4 hr Dairy 4
joseph snyder 5 hr fat slayer 15
Bubba sturgill 5 hr local 2
Relocation 20 hr MavisBeacon 2,863

Circleville Jobs

More from around the web