Circleville's biggest secret

Circleville's biggest secret

Posted in the Circleville Forum

Since: Jun 13

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Everyone loves gossip and will sooner stab you in the back then not run their mouth. It's said bc when my boyfriend and I lived there a few years back and growing up, it was my home. A place I always came to an smiled, now, now I would rather live under a bridge on the west side then in Circleville. It's trashy, run down and strung out. A piece of my childhood ruined by people that bash and beat each other when ever given the chance, or better yet selling fake happiness to shoot up. Someday this life people live won't matter, everything you did or didn't do will and in those eyes you can only blame your self. Straighten up Circleville!
pumpkin2012

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jun 19, 2013
So true, I used to love living in Circleville but now I rather move far away from here..I don't want my children to grow up here. It's just as bad as some as these big towns. People used to be friendly here. Now they don't say a word because of fear, or because they have given up and don't care and won't do any thing about it. Stand up and help bring the small town charm back.
Corky

Circleville, OH

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Portsmouth north. Total dump
really?

Circleville, OH

#5 Jun 20, 2013
I've lived in Circleville for 25 years now and really don't notice much of ANY differences, which is probably the problem. Time and time again this town voted down measures that would help the city (new library, schools, parks). You feared becoming a "bedroom" community of Columbus. Well this sticking to the past has ruined your town. Good people left, leaving the scum and the people thinking Circleville should be the same place it was 50 years ago. It's your fault for allowing this.
WOW

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 20, 2013
"really?" that may be the most truth I have ever read in a post on here. Nobody in this town, especially elderly and officials want this town to progress..
Same reason the hospital cant compete with all the ones around it, when the CEO wanted to go private everyone got all scared and butt hurt...you cant survive as a public hospital now. Theres only 2 in the whole state, and one is ours!
Town would be a lot better if they would have let it progress with the rest of the world...then youd still have factories, jobs and better health services
ESA MC

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 21, 2013
I don't have any problems here I live in south end I don't do drugs or sell drugs I do tell on ppl who do just stand up for your self and don't hide and bitch do something about the problem or don't cry
tuna

United States

#11 Jun 26, 2013
I lived in Cville until a job transfer last year. It is a wonderful town. Of course there have been drug problems, but far less than most towns. Just because other towns have big houses and fancy cars, they have just as much adiction problems. Circlville has really cleaned up the last 3 years. Trying to maintain a historical downtown area is very difficult without deep pockets. Compare it to other small towns, and you will see it is cleaner and safer than most. It takes a lot of work and time to clean up areas like the old Jefferson Smurfit area, some of the empty houses that have been torn down and to make positive changes. The new 22/23 gateway project, the new Park and the new Education complex connected to the Christian University is going to really make a difference.
change

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 27, 2013
[QUOTE who="really?"]I've lived in Circleville for 25 years now and really don't notice much of ANY differences, which is probably the problem. Time and time again this town voted down measures that would help the city (new library, schools, parks). You feared becoming a "bedroom" community of Columbus. Well this sticking to the past has ruined your town. Good people left, leaving the scum and the people thinking Circleville should be the same place it was 50 years ago. It's your fault for allowing this.
[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken we did get a new library, a new school is being built and a gorgeous new park is open. So apparently these measures did pass and the city is working to improve and not fall behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Oct '13) 20 min Princess Hey 2,606
Relocation (Dec '16) 32 min Clearly Canadian 40,623
Robert rhodes 57 min Eeking 8
Terra smith 1 hr Everyone 26
Hotties and Hogs 3 hr Citizen 2
Southend cat rapist? (Apr '16) 3 hr Citizen 46
jimmy Hunt 3 hr penny any 9

Circleville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance