First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Skibbidy Bibbidy

Findlay, OH

#1 Apr 30, 2013
This is a posting for those who would consider themselves Christian. Please move on to another post if you are not included in the above category, not because I don't want you to be involved, but because this is directed at a specific group and therefore may not be fully understood by someone on the outside looking in.

Now, since most Pastors are paid, and paid well, they want to keep their jobs, they want to keep their titles and they want to keep their followers, it is important to think for yourself sometimes and question the reality of that persons instruction and motives. This is also true of tv personalities, no matter how long you have watched or trusted them, they are human and therefore they are susceptible to the same moral failings as any other human.

In America, the Christian church is not under attack. Read that again. There are more churches in this country than bars. The Bible tv series had such high ratings that movies are exploding in production studios everywhere based on the Bible. I want to say that just because someone claims it, does not make it true. Go to census.gov and look up the geographical and religious preferences around the US, be shocked! This is a country with a vast majority of Christian people.

Why are the mindless zombies in front of cameras talking about how God hates homosexuals? These same people would have been the ones claiming God wants us to have slaves, and that blacks are less than humans. These same people stand out there today and claim that Muslims and Mexicans have no rights as Americans, while in the same breath claiming we are all Gods children. Think about it, if we are all Gods creation, all children of God, all of us have the chance to inherit the kingdom of God, then why are we trying to push people away, name call, isolate, segregate and manipulate? If someone else has the opportunity to know a loving God, why are you only showing them a made up God of hate and anger and judgement? God is love, not all that other crap you claim.

Jesus came, showed love, died in forgiveness, and came back to say that he loved everyone. Every sick sin and filthy thought, Jesus loves you through it. I didn't hear him call Mary a whore, or Matthew a thief or anyone names but the religious leaders who claimed they knew it all. It all sounds so familiar. Open your eyes, and see your church leaders. They call the church better than the world and that is a lie. The church should be the worst in the world, the ones that do anything for anyone, and when (not if) they are truly beaten and imprisoned and tortured and killed for helping people no matter the cost, then you can complain, but if you ever get to that point, you won't complain.

So, Christian, please do me a favor. Stop. Breathe. The truth of the Bible will save lives, but it doesn't make your life easier. It makes it so much harder, every single Christian in the Bible suffered, the whole book is about suffering, so get over it, suffering is part of being a Christian. Now what are you going to do through that pain, through the suffering other than whine and complain and ask for it to go away? God offers some amazing opportunities and great things (not an Ipad or trip to CanCun) but I think He gets tired of the complaining, "God my toe hurts, God my boss is mean, God I can't find a job." Get out and work through the pain, show unconditional love to your boss and be the best possible employee, and if you can't find work, get out there and volunteer. If you can't help others, why should God help you.

As usual, I am climbing down off my soapbox, I'm going to get a fork, and I am going to start eating this message myself. I am a Christian, and I am fed up with all these people claiming to be Christian speaking for Christ. All they seem to be are Pharisees sucking at the teet of the weak minded sheep who are looking to follow anything and question nothing. No wonder people laugh at Christians...pathetic.
butt

Circleville, OH

#2 Apr 30, 2013
This is why I worship Zeus.
Say Whutt

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 30, 2013
What in the Hell was that all about? Thanks for the sermon Reverend, I didn't catch your name.

The mini book you posted was so long, I couldn't even reply.
Okay

Circleville, OH

#5 Apr 30, 2013
I think he has ranted like this before. I started to read it and realized it was a rant and abandoned that idea.
kevin roland

Logan, OH

#6 May 1, 2013
dad said that this is part of the suffering you'll go through for speaking up for God on topix.he said he enjoyed listening to what you had to say and agrees with it completely.dad said that if anywhere needed God, it's topix. he said thank you.
butt

Circleville, OH

#7 May 1, 2013
kevin roland wrote:
dad said that this is part of the suffering you'll go through for speaking up for God...
Yeah, Christians are hurting pretty bad in this country.
Howdy

Fenton, MI

#8 May 1, 2013
Say Whutt wrote:
What in the Hell was that all about? Thanks for the sermon Reverend, I didn't catch your name.
The mini book you posted was so long, I couldn't even reply.
No shit!! If I wanna hear all that shit I will go 2 church
Skibbidy Bibbidy

Findlay, OH

#9 May 1, 2013
That's why there was a preface, for those that would not be interested or care...

It sort of turned into a bit of a rant, but hey, it's all good:)
i know

Circleville, OH

#11 May 1, 2013
Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>No shit!! If I wanna hear all that shit I will go 2 church
then you shouldnt have read it. i think it made a good point! i know a lot of people who claim to be Christians but yet they cheat on their husbands and get can pregnant by the other man but try to pass it off as the husbands, then remarries and lives a lie of a life and cheats on that husband and still sees the other guy even tho shes still married...worse of that is that the husband knows about it and is still with her? people can calls themselves anything they want to but doesnt make them one.....like i say....standing in a garage doesnt make you a car just like going to church doesnt make you a Christian! cant preach it if you dont live it.
people can ask God all the time for help with things but theyre the first to complian when the answer doesnt come right away......
Loni

Logan, OH

#12 May 2, 2013
Very nice posting. You've said some things that I think myself. Got anymore?
Skibbidy Bibbidy

Findlay, OH

#13 May 2, 2013
I'm not real good with sarcasm, so I'll trust that you do, in fact, desire some more from my noodle Loni.

The fact of the matter is that the very foundation and purpose of the Bible and the death and resurrection of Jesus was not to follow rules and be taught more and more specifics about these said rules. The purpose was to get us, humans, God's creation, closer to God.

God is every possibly emotion that we might possibly conceive, but with love, He created. He used love as the driving force to make the universe, the world, and us and love is what compelled Him to give us free will. We have the ability to choose right, wrong, and anywhere in between. Now, although He desires us to choose right, He really desires us to want to be with Him. he knows we will choose wrong and that we will screw up, but that we go to Him is what He cares most about.

This is why Jesus said the greatest commandment is to Love God! The second is like it, to Love others!

So the whole Bible is about Love. God loves us, He desires us and it is how people have loved Him. Until we can understand that and apply that to our lives we fail to be true representatives of God. Jesus healed people on days that He wasn't supposed to out of Love, and there are beliefs that we shouldn't accept certain people or do certain things, talk to certain people or go certain places, but if you apply love, what would it really look like? The cliche is "What Would Jesus Do?" but that is more important of a question than most people realize.

So, focus on loving others. Different races, sexes, religions, backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, criminal background, etc... We live in a country where there are laws in place to keep people safe from unequal treatment. Think about that, in a nation where such a vast majority of people are Christian, why do we need laws to protect someone who is different? Let's change our attitudes and just Love God, Love People. There is no condition to this, there is no catch, just love. Don't ask for anything in return, you don't have to sell your faith, just Love. Let God do the rest, as for You - Just Love.
Anal Andy

Columbus, OH

#15 May 2, 2013
When I scream, "oh, God!" While getting plowed, can he hear me?
Loni

Logan, OH

#16 May 3, 2013
Skibbidy Bibbidy wrote:
I'm not real good with sarcasm, so I'll trust that you do, in fact, desire some more from my noodle Loni.
The fact of the matter is that the very foundation and purpose of the Bible and the death and resurrection of Jesus was not to follow rules and be taught more and more specifics about these said rules. The purpose was to get us, humans, God's creation, closer to God.
God is every possibly emotion that we might possibly conceive, but with love, He created. He used love as the driving force to make the universe, the world, and us and love is what compelled Him to give us free will. We have the ability to choose right, wrong, and anywhere in between. Now, although He desires us to choose right, He really desires us to want to be with Him. he knows we will choose wrong and that we will screw up, but that we go to Him is what He cares most about.
This is why Jesus said the greatest commandment is to Love God! The second is like it, to Love others!
So the whole Bible is about Love. God loves us, He desires us and it is how people have loved Him. Until we can understand that and apply that to our lives we fail to be true representatives of God. Jesus healed people on days that He wasn't supposed to out of Love, and there are beliefs that we shouldn't accept certain people or do certain things, talk to certain people or go certain places, but if you apply love, what would it really look like? The cliche is "What Would Jesus Do?" but that is more important of a question than most people realize.
So, focus on loving others. Different races, sexes, religions, backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, criminal background, etc... We live in a country where there are laws in place to keep people safe from unequal treatment. Think about that, in a nation where such a vast majority of people are Christian, why do we need laws to protect someone who is different? Let's change our attitudes and just Love God, Love People. There is no condition to this, there is no catch, just love. Don't ask for anything in return, you don't have to sell your faith, just Love. Let God do the rest, as for You - Just Love.
No sarcasm intended. I found your post very interesting. Do you know what "agape" pronounced short a, gop, pay. I was taught that it is the highest degree possible and attainable only by God. It means that humans can not achieve the degree of love that God has for all of us. We, as humans, can not love without conditions. God loves us without conditions. God loves blacks, whites, gay, sluts, thieves... Thought you might find this interesting, too.
Skibbidy Bibbidy

Findlay, OH

#17 May 4, 2013
Excellent:) Although we humans can never attain the Agape love levels, we should never stop trying. Often times, and I don't believe you intended it this way, we use excuses like that to reason why we fail.

"Well, I am a man and all men look at women!" "Everyone else does it." or more often "I don't see anyone else doing it."

All excuses we use to keep doing the same old thing. There are stories in the Bible and in early church literature (and even current stuff, ie The Voice of the Martyrs) that shows people giving every single thing they own to help others. If someone was hungry, they would give their food to them, allowing themselves to go hungry to feed others. There is no condition to that.

When Christians get to that place of love, all those differences and divides among other religions races sexes nationalities, etc, won't matter anymore because they won't exist. All the Christian will see is a person needing love.

Mahatma Gandhi, after revealing that he read the Beatitudes every day and enjoyed the Bible, was asked why he wasn't a Christian. His response was something like "The only reason I am not a Christian is because of Christians."

What an embarrassment, and it only gets worse during election season. And I do see the hypocrisy in my own words, and my resentment towards those within my faith. I want to use this resentment and bitterness to lead people out of this selfish faith and into the truly selfless faith of Jesus.

Have a great weekend y'all:)
jesus

Chagrin Falls, OH

#18 May 7, 2013
Screw all u fn christians. Nuttin but a bunch of hypocritical pansies if u ask me. Worlds goin to shit over this religion. Too many pointless wars being fought and ppl killed over a popular fairy-tale
For What

Columbus, OH

#19 May 7, 2013
jesus wrote:
Screw all u fn christians. Nuttin but a bunch of hypocritical pansies if u ask me. Worlds goin to shit over this religion. Too many pointless wars being fought and ppl killed over a popular fairy-tale
Not to be unchristian like, but no one ask you. You need not be offended. There are plenty of other sites on here where, just maybe, your immature, fowl, disrepectful, hateful, mean, absolutely boring oppinion might be appreciated. This world is going to crap over alot of things,drugs alchohl, and mothers who raise children like you, just to name a few. Yes your mother failed miserable. Someone should have hugged you as a child, tugged you in at night and brought you the occasion hot chocolate and cookies. Your cries for attention are text book.
For what

Columbus, OH

#20 May 7, 2013
OOpppps alcohol, and tucked you in....When ranting sometimes I type too fast.
ugh

Pomeroy, OH

#21 May 7, 2013
For What wrote:
<quoted text>Not to be unchristian like, but no one ask you. You need not be offended. There are plenty of other sites on here where, just maybe, your immature, fowl, disrepectful, hateful, mean, absolutely boring oppinion might be appreciated. This world is going to crap over alot of things,drugs alchohl, and mothers who raise children like you, just to name a few. Yes your mother failed miserable. Someone should have hugged you as a child, tugged you in at night and brought you the occasion hot chocolate and cookies. Your cries for attention are text book.
Aren't Christians not supposed to judge? YOU ARE THE EXACT REASON PEOPLE HATE CHRISTIANS. Go play with your friends at the West Boro Baptist Church, ya radical.
Skibbidy Bibbidy

Findlay, OH

#22 May 7, 2013
All are free to voice their opinions, after all, Christians have killed quite a few people in this world. The history of the religion is not a good one and this current path of Christianity is not one worth looking back on with any pride.

If opinions like the poster jesus are going to be swayed, it is not going to be through anger hate and judgment, because as I have said, that is not what Jesus is about and not at all what God is about.

Instead of talking a good talk, let our walk represent who our faith is in. Thanks for the comments here y'all:)
jesus

Chelsea, MI

#23 May 9, 2013
Thank u ugh. That was exactly my point. There hypocrits. Now donr get me wrong there are a lot of good christians out there. But I believe jus having ur own faith in what u personally believe is a lot better for a whole. Telling people that if there not Christian will go to hell is a crock of shit. More people die from religion than anything, else. That sshould say something in itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
internal affairs 26 min Alice 6
Fundraiser for Bolin Family 2 hr Jerry Falwell 10
Heroin train 2 hr wow 5
brandon bolin 3 hr asas 183
looking for tammy .we hung out years ago meet u... 3 hr mizz 8
What happen next to walmart at 430 today? 3 hr bo jangles 5
Mike Rowland 4 hr Jerry Falwell 8
Raid at Ohio Heights today (Dec 16th) 14 hr lostlogo 7
Circleville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Circleville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Circleville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Circleville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:54 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:54PM
Manziel says Browns were "a little off" on Sunday
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Cam Newton practices for first time since car accident
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down Cleveland's Game Plan vs. Carolina
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Browns Should Sign/Draft Topflight Pass-Catcher for Johnny