Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 May 1, 2013
Listed the pros and cons of homeschooling

advantages & disadvantages
yes yes yes

Findlay, OH

#2 May 1, 2013
If you seriously want to know about homeschool call Connections Academy. My daughter has learned so much more than they are teaching in Circleville. They do field trips, have wonderful teachers and a great program.
curious

Columbus, OH

#3 May 1, 2013
The advantage of homeschooling is that a parent could decide on what to teach! Example, a parent could decide whether to teach sex education! A parent could teach creation vs evolution! Homeschooling allows the parent to really focus on the child's education! Disadvantages could be lack of social skills and extra activities,such as sports!
Question

Findlay, OH

#4 May 1, 2013
Okay, so just a question, but when a child is home schooled, don't they enroll or have some sort of connection to the local school, for like testing? Or is that through the state? If they are associated with the school in some way couldn't they be involved in sports? I have no clue, so these are very open questions here...just curious:)
homeschooler

Circleville, OH

#5 May 1, 2013
@curious I have homeschooled 2children since preschool and often when talking to people they mention the social aspect as a concern.neither kid has ever had social problems because they have always been involved in a lot of activities.they take piano lessons,play multiple sports,have friends over,and go to church often.they are not shy and have a lot of friends.
homeschooler

Circleville, OH

#6 May 1, 2013
@question at the end of the year the student takes a test just like public school students.before the next school year you must turn in the test results,a summary packet of the curriculum you will be using and sign a paper saying you will abide by Ohio law.I keep all the worksheets and grade books as well as grade cards for proof of all the work that was done.homeschooling is a full time job and must be done like school to work.it is well worth it if done right.the kids have many sports options as well.
Question

Findlay, OH

#7 May 1, 2013
wow...very interesting. I do believe it would have to be a full time job...seems very intense, but like was mentioned above, you have the opportunity to teach them what you want to teach them. I worry that perhaps some kids won't get the education needed, but the testing relieves those nerves:)

Thanks for the info!

Location hidden

#8 May 1, 2013
yes yes yes wrote:
If you seriously want to know about homeschool call Connections Academy. My daughter has learned so much more than they are teaching in Circleville. They do field trips, have wonderful teachers and a great program.
I'm all for homeschool. I thought it would be a good topic to talk about. With everything that has gone on in schools recently.

Location hidden

#9 May 1, 2013
homeschooler wrote:
@question at the end of the year the student takes a test just like public school students.before the next school year you must turn in the test results,a summary packet of the curriculum you will be using and sign a paper saying you will abide by Ohio law.I keep all the worksheets and grade books as well as grade cards for proof of all the work that was done.homeschooling is a full time job and must be done like school to work.it is well worth it if done right.the kids have many sports options as well.
What homeschool do you go thru?
homeschooler

Circleville, OH

#10 May 1, 2013
I don't knock public schools however the curriculum I use for example is much more aggressive and if the child struggles in something they have personal attention to make sure they get it before moving on.they are never left behind if your doing things properly.a small majority of people give it a bad name by doing things the lazy way.my kids have desks start at 8:30 sharp fully dressed and must adhere to common school rules like can't just get up and roam around or talk when you want.last year my 3rd grade son tested into the 7th grade in almost all areas.
homeschooler

Circleville, OH

#11 May 1, 2013
I use Bob Jones university.it has excellent curriculum and the best DVD programs I have found.I'm sure there are other good ones as well though.
Uncle Cracker

Columbus, OH

#12 May 1, 2013
Well, consider that if the parent is a retard, they probably won't be the best teacher. And I think we'd all agree that the majority of people in Circleville have terrible spelling and grammar. And hygiene, for that matter. But the reality of it is,your kids are already doomed to a life of drugs and broken homes. So, why give them false hope? If it saves the taxpayer money, I'm all for it. I was going to say it is less likely that your daughter will get knocked up at home. But, then again, if there is a father or a brother in the house, that would not be applicable.
Question

Findlay, OH

#13 May 1, 2013
Thanks uncle cracker for your wisdom on this topic, lol.

Seriously though...great info homeschooler!

Location hidden

#14 May 1, 2013
Uncle Cracker wrote:
Well, consider that if the parent is a retard, they probably won't be the best teacher. And I think we'd all agree that the majority of people in Circleville have terrible spelling and grammar. And hygiene, for that matter. But the reality of it is,your kids are already doomed to a life of drugs and broken homes. So, why give them false hope? If it saves the taxpayer money, I'm all for it. I was going to say it is less likely that your daughter will get knocked up at home. But, then again, if there is a father or a brother in the house, that would not be applicable.
Please just over look Uncle Cracker he is not comfortable with his own-self.He is very insecure and excessive unnecessary chatter is a mechanism for coping with insecurity.Insecure people craves for other people's attention.However,if he doesn't get it leads to insensitivity towards others.
Uncle Cracker

Columbus, OH

#15 May 1, 2013
My pleasure. Just doing what must be done to help keep things in perspective. If you're an idiot, you might want to consider hiring someone less retarded to teach your crotch fruit.
curious

Columbus, OH

#16 May 1, 2013
Homeschooling is a good option! Lets be honest, most pple that graduate from public high school can't read or write! Most children that are homeschooled have higher intelligence!

Location hidden

#17 May 1, 2013
Uncle Cracker wrote:
My pleasure. Just doing what must be done to help keep things in perspective. If you're an idiot, you might want to consider hiring someone less retarded to teach your crotch fruit.
I agree with you on that.I would have put it in different words.lol crotch fruit
Uncle Cracker

Columbus, OH

#20 May 2, 2013
There is such an incredible dumbing down of the education curricula at all levels. I was in a coffee house near OSU and overheard some dingbat say, "I never realized that Germany was so close to Europe". Yes, a fine example of those who make it into institutions of higher learning. Imaging the kid who is home schooled submitting his application to Harvard with a "transcript" written on a paper towel and signed my his mother cracks me up. Everyone thinks their kid is exceptional or bright. I say, tell your kid from an early age that he will be digging ditches. Hell, if we get enough diggers, maybe we could cover Circleville. Create new "mounds" like the ones the idiots destroyed years ago.
simple math

Circleville, OH

#21 May 2, 2013
You r funny when the students are in high school all of the work they do is turned into an independent accreditation place to be graded.the students get real transcripts and can go to any college.btw Harvard is not accredited bc they don't believe the criteria is high enough.Lol tell Tim Tebow you can't go to college or be anything he was homeschooled.why don't you go get on that ditch my homeschooled child is your boss!lol
Uncle Cracker

Columbus, OH

#22 May 2, 2013
Did Tim Tebow learn to smoke the pole from his home school teacher?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Trevor Teets 11 min Mommas wrath 29
any one that post on topixs read this 28 min Derpa 10
Andrea Stevens 48 min Stormy weather 6
Are You Worried About Family Or Friend? 8 hr jade99 5
Great clips 9 hr bbl 2
kisha and mark buckler (Jun '13) 9 hr Lol 14
Kyle Cockerham 12 hr Knece 21
Clark fout Jr gilly 15 hr Prosecutor then j... 50
More from around the web

Personal Finance