Dont be so judgemental, we all have a...

Dont be so judgemental, we all have addictions...

Posted in the Circleville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
haterz wanna hate

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jun 27, 2013
"Addiction... is the continued use of a mood altering substance or behavior despite adverse consequences,[1] or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors.[2]
Addictions can include, but are not limited to, drug abuse, exercise addiction, food addiction, sexual addiction, computer addiction, and gambling. Classic hallmarks of addiction include impaired control over substances or behavior, preoccupation with substance or behavior, continued use despite consequences, and denial.[3] Habits and patterns associated with addiction are typically characterized by immediate gratification (short-term reward), coupled with delayed deleterious effects (long-term costs). I am an addict. So are many of you and you don't even realize it. My addictions are nicotine and caffeine. I am aware that my 2nd hand smoke is more harmful to other's then it is to myself. Because I know this, I chose not to smoke around those who don't. If I don't have my coffee/monster/pop.. I can't function. I need that "boost" to get me through the day. I don't smoke at work unless I am stressed to the max and I just need to "calm my nerves". Then I will go out to my car and have a smoke. I don't drink. I don't use street drugs. I don't abuse script drugs. But never the less, I am an addict. Comments were made on a post over a friend finding drug needles on the street and by him doing the right thing (picking them up and disposing of them) people responded that they wished people (drug addicts) would die... because if they would die, this problem would go away. No one has the right to wish death upon anyone who suffers from addiction. My response to them was I hope and pray you are never in my families shoes. We have a child who is a Heroin addict. He didn't wake up one morning and say.... I am going to become a needle jockey. I am going to destroy my life, my family, my loved ones, and all of those who care about me. Do I think disposing of needles on the street, parks, public places, etc isn't wrong? NO!! Do you think they consider someone else getting stuck with their dirty needle? NO!!! Do you think an alcoholic thinks before getting behind the wheel and driving? NO!! That is why we have fatalities, that is why we have people exposed to needle sticks. They don't think. The only thing they care about is getting high. Nothing else matters. Their life doesn't matter to them because if it did, they wouldn't shove a needle in their arm. Your life doesn't matter to them because if it did, they wouldn't stick a needle in their arm. Do they need to die? Do people who drink need to die? Do people who gamble need to die? Do people who drink caffeine need to die? Do I need to die because I smoke cigarettes? To those who made the comments that addicts need to die I wish you this.. I wish you never are faced with someone who has that monkey on their backs.. I wish you never feel the pain and suffering the addicts or their family/friends endure because of the addiction... I wish you empathy and compassion to understand that they didn't wake up and decide they wanted this life... I wish you understanding that if they don't find strength, support, help, and a higher power that God will put forth a greater punishment... I wish you not to have those sleepless nights wondering if they are in jail, a hospital, or laying alone somewhere overdosing... I wish you not to have your heart drop every time your phone rings praying it isn't about your child... I wish you never to have to watch your child slowly die and have no control over what they are doing to their bodies...But most of all I wish you peace when you discover that you yourself is some form of an addict."
U Name It I Know It

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 27, 2013
haterz wanna hate wrote:
"Addiction... is the continued use of a mood altering substance or behavior despite adverse consequences,[1] or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors.[2]
Addictions can include, but are not limited to, drug abuse, exercise addiction, food addiction, sexual addiction, computer addiction, and gambling. Classic hallmarks of addiction include impaired control over substances or behavior, preoccupation with substance or behavior, continued use despite consequences, and denial.[3] Habits and patterns associated with addiction are typically characterized by immediate gratification (short-term reward), coupled with delayed deleterious effects (long-term costs). I am an addict. So are many of you and you don't even realize it. My addictions are nicotine and caffeine. I am aware that my 2nd hand smoke is more harmful to other's then it is to myself. Because I know this, I chose not to smoke around those who don't. If I don't have my coffee/monster/pop.. I can't function. I need that "boost" to get me through the day. I don't smoke at work unless I am stressed to the max and I just need to "calm my nerves". Then I will go out to my car and have a smoke. I don't drink. I don't use street drugs. I don't abuse script drugs. But never the less, I am an addict. Comments were made on a post over a friend finding drug needles on the street and by him doing the right thing (picking them up and disposing of them) people responded that they wished people (drug addicts) would die... because if they would die, this problem would go away. No one has the right to wish death upon anyone who suffers from addiction. My response to them was I hope and pray you are never in my families shoes. We have a child who is a Heroin addict. He didn't wake up one morning and say.... I am going to become a needle jockey. I am going to destroy my life, my family, my loved ones, and all of those who care about me. Do I think disposing of needles on the street, parks, public places, etc isn't wrong? NO!! Do you think they consider someone else getting stuck with their dirty needle? NO!!! Do you think an alcoholic thinks before getting behind the wheel and driving? NO!! That is why we have fatalities, that is why we have people exposed to needle sticks. They don't think. The only thing they care about is getting high. Nothing else matters. Their life doesn't matter to them because if it did, they wouldn't shove a needle in their arm. Your life doesn't matter to them because if it did, they wouldn't stick a needle in their arm. Do they need to die? Do people who drink need to die? Do people who gamble need to die? Do people who drink caffeine need to die? Do I need to die because I smoke cigarettes? To those who made the comments that addicts need to die I wish you this.. I wish you never are faced with someone who has that monkey on their backs.. I wish you never feel the pain and suffering the addicts or their family/friends endure because of the addiction... I wish you empathy and compassion to understand that they didn't wake up and decide they wanted this life... I wish you understanding that if they don't find strength, support, help, and a higher power that God will put forth a greater punishment... I wish you not to have those sleepless nights wondering if they are in jail, a hospital, or laying alone somewhere overdosing... I wish you not to have your heart drop every time your phone rings praying it isn't about your child... I wish you never to have to watch your child slowly die and have no control over what they are doing to their bodies...But most of all I wish you peace when you discover that you yourself is some form of an addict."
. Kill the junkies.
just another addict

West Salem, OH

#4 Jun 27, 2013
Thank you for your post. I really needed to read that this morning. It helps to know that there are people who understand what so many people are going through. I am clean from heroin today because God has work for me to do still. Believe me when I tell you I should have already been dead or in prison for the rest of my life. I'm sure there are people out there that wish I were. I don't know how to atone for the many wrongs I have done. I now try to do as many goood acts as I can. I. believe I still can be an asset to my family and society. Your post made me think of my family worrying about me during my time of active addiction. I pray they never experience that again. I also pray for your well being and the addict you love, as well as all addicts. Please forgive as we know not. what we do. God bless.
Apples and Oranges

Albany, OH

#5 Jun 27, 2013
I have never personally witnessed addiction to nicotine and/or caffeine to result in such criminal, neglect, and abusive acts. I realize that justification knows no bounds in the world of "drug" and "alcohol" addiction. While your posting is eloguently written, you are comparing apples to oranges. I wish no harm for those who have those addictions, however compassion and forgiveness do not come easily to me when children and the elderly have been the innocent victims. I have witnessed first hand and the choices were made at the first usage. In my opinion the "disease" aspect is the physical and chemical changes done to the body as a result. The "world" tries to wrap the package of addiction up pretty with a nice bow. That is NOT the reality or truth of it.
cigarette-smoker

Delaware, OH

#6 Jun 27, 2013
I know addiction is a hard thing to overcome , I used to drink beer but I more or less quit cold turkey after I fell and broke my nose and had 2 surgeries. I still smoke cigarettes since about 19 yrs. old , I tried to quit but it's hard.I also drink alot of coffee , so like you said , don't pass judgement on someone..I've came to the conclusion that the 1's that do are actually doing more than just your everyday normal things., they are just hiding their's. So people , Don't judge unless you be judged.There is also food adictions , like chocolate etc..God Bless
haterz wanna hate

Cleveland, OH

#7 Jun 27, 2013
Apples and Oranges wrote:
I have never personally witnessed addiction to nicotine and/or caffeine to result in such criminal, neglect, and abusive acts. I realize that justification knows no bounds in the world of "drug" and "alcohol" addiction. While your posting is eloguently written, you are comparing apples to oranges. I wish no harm for those who have those addictions, however compassion and forgiveness do not come easily to me when children and the elderly have been the innocent victims. I have witnessed first hand and the choices were made at the first usage. In my opinion the "disease" aspect is the physical and chemical changes done to the body as a result. The "world" tries to wrap the package of addiction up pretty with a nice bow. That is NOT the reality or truth of it.
You have never witnessed someone who is NOT a smoker die from cancer that was caused by 2nd hand smoke?? You have never noticed a car full of INNOCENT people get killed because they were hit head on my a drunk driver?? Beer and cigarettes are LEGAL therefore people dont have to steal for them to feed their addiction. Dont get me wrong, stealing is wrong, but Im sure if YOUR addiction, what ever it may be, ever became illegal then you may be surprised at what levels you would stoop to just to get your next "fix". I have been hurt physically, financially, and emotionally by a loved ones addiction but I still love that person and would never want them dead. I forgive them and pray for them that they will overcome this...
haterz wanna hate

Cleveland, OH

#8 Jun 27, 2013
haterz wanna hate wrote:
And to those who judged this NUTS, CLUELESS and SPAM; I do truly hope that you are never in the position to where you need to be judged for something because "obviously" you are PERFECT!!
just another addict

West Salem, OH

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
haha

United States

#10 Jun 27, 2013
Mine is candy crush
Crazy

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 27, 2013
haterz wanna hate wrote:
<quoted text>
And to those who judged this NUTS, CLUELESS and SPAM; I do truly hope that you are never in the position to where you need to be judged for something because "obviously" you are PERFECT!!
I judged it as nuts and I'll tell you why. I in NO way shape or form believe that I am perfect. BUT, I believe I totally believe I have the right to wish that a certain junky do us a favor and od. I would dance in the street though I am normally known as a nice person and let me tell you why.

This particular junky as with many others mentioned on here have adversely effected the lives of the children that they choose to bring into the world. In MANY different ways. They have turned away from help repeatly for both themselves and their children, choosing instead to keep the kids for the benifits thinking - as most junkies do - only about themselves and what is easiest for them and not what is best for the kids. And as the system continues to fail the children it starts to seem that this is the only hope for them and us who love them and wish them out of the horrible lives they are currenly forced to live.

I understand that you are saddened by the choices that your son has choosen to make, but I believe that you need to understand why so many of us are fed up with many of the junkies.

Many others feel hate towards these people since the work hard each day to bring in what money they can to take care of their family only to have the junkies break in and try to take it away. A friend of my had his work truck stolen a while back- it is the only income for his family, by a junky who was looking to hock the tools on the truck for a fix. They found the truck several days later (in a ditch with damage) Many of the tools were gone and he lost several jobs until the insurance could fix the truck and replace the tools.

You want understanding for the family of the junkys, and I have it. But not for the junkys themselves who continue to turn away from the help that is alwasys there for them. They knew what they were doing when they started it, but didn't care 'cause they just wanted to have a good time.
think

Wilmington, OH

#12 Jun 27, 2013
haterz wanna hate wrote:
Drug addiction is illegal. I personally don't think all these things are addictions, they are habits and bad choices.We all make bad choices and there are ways to get help and learn to use self control.
Freda and Freddy

Logan, OH

#13 Jun 27, 2013
My niece works in the ER at Children's and just yesterday had a 6 month old baby boy come in that was found at a drug house. This baby had been dead for so long he was already stiff. How is this okay???
haterz wanna hate

Cleveland, OH

#15 Jun 27, 2013
Freda and Freddy wrote:
My niece works in the ER at Children's and just yesterday had a 6 month old baby boy come in that was found at a drug house. This baby had been dead for so long he was already stiff. How is this okay???
No one ever said it was ok did they?? It was only stated that when there is addiction involved, the addict has a hard time thinking or caring about ANYTHING other than what ever they are addicted to. In that situation someone should have stepped in before that point and saw that the baby was taken away until if and when the parents were able to take care of it. The same think could have happened, and HAS happened from alcohol addiction where people have passed out and there child has gotten hurt or killed due to them being out of it. NO one is saying its a good thing to be an addict or that good things happen from it, but we ARE saying that no one should be wished DEAD because they are an addict!!
Billie

Lancaster, OH

#16 Jun 27, 2013
Expose all the drug dealers you know so the police will have something to look at help them start a investigation. This is working so well it hard to believe.It took time but it on the move.Look at all the pcj for drugs. Getem
wow

Ashville, OH

#17 Jun 27, 2013
Addiction is real and its more than just drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes. Its food, sex, gambling, porn...we could go on and on.
Apples and Oranges

Albany, OH

#18 Jun 27, 2013
I agree we should not wish death on drug addicts or alcoholics. With that said, I get sick of hearing the word judged used so frequently and loosely. I will NEVER understand why when people disagree someone is labeled as being judgemental. I really get tired of it. A great majority of the time it is an active addict who uses that word.
praying for u

United States

#20 Jun 28, 2013
U Name It I Know It wrote:
<quoted text>. Kill the junkies.
This touched my heart!! I have loved ones that are addicted to heroin and I pray for them everyday! Thank u for ur words u said it all in what u wrote Amen to you!! God bless you and your family!!
lolagain

Chillicothe, OH

#21 Jun 28, 2013
I know a druggie that I wish was dead. What is the big deal about wishing someone dead anyway? It's not like you have the power to make it happen. Yes, I wish she was dead. Why? Her daughter has had to pay the price for mommy's drug addiction, emotionally and physically. Works for me!
lolagain

Chillicothe, OH

#22 Jun 28, 2013
haterz wanna hate wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever said it was ok did they?? It was only stated that when there is addiction involved, the addict has a hard time thinking or caring about ANYTHING other than what ever they are addicted to. In that situation someone should have stepped in before that point and saw that the baby was taken away until if and when the parents were able to take care of it. The same think could have happened, and HAS happened from alcohol addiction where people have passed out and there child has gotten hurt or killed due to them being out of it. NO one is saying its a good thing to be an addict or that good things happen from it, but we ARE saying that no one should be wished DEAD because they are an addict!!
Really? Someone should have stepped in? Maybe, just maybe, the parents should have stepped UP!
butt

Columbus, OH

#23 Jun 28, 2013
haterz wanna hate wrote:
Do people who drink need to die?
haterz wanna hate wrote:
Do people who gamble need to die?
No
haterz wanna hate wrote:
Do people who drink caffeine need to die?
No
haterz wanna hate wrote:
Do I need to die because I smoke cigarettes?
No, of course not.
haterz wanna hate wrote:
Their life doesn't matter to them because if it did, they wouldn't shove a needle in their arm. Your life doesn't matter to them because if it did, they wouldn't stick a needle in their arm. Do they need to die?
Absolutely, along with every junkie dealer. I hope that they experience slow, agonizing deaths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawless for Sheriff 24 min Do Right Thing 7
Man passed out in the womens restroom at Ted Le... 36 min avid poster 4
add a word drop a word (Oct '13) 2 hr bored420 1,039
Tina Webb with a black guy 4 hr Eye know right 4
Maggots in the food in PCJ 4 hr big black bubba 1
Describe your poo with a movie title. 4 hr UTrashy 42
McDonalds 5 hr UTrashy 20
swat 10 hr UTrashy 138

Circleville Jobs

More from around the web