Comments
41 - 55 of 55 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Terry

United States

#43 Feb 20, 2013
I have a friend that is getting food stamps. She had a job, but quit because it was stressful {Managagement} Well her husband works a easy job,maybe 5 hours a day.
Since she has quit her job. She has popped out two more kids total of three. She said she is going to use the government as long as she can.
I was at the grocery store with her one time and she had a lot of meat and some canned food and 4 12 packs of sodas. But she knew i had hardly any money, never offered to go ahead a get my couple of items I had.
I wish I had at least a 1/4 of her stamps. We go day by day on food.We get very little food. My husband works and i am going to take CNA Classes
i agree

United States

#44 Feb 21, 2013
I do agree on the drug testing. I am on disability for my health, i have begged to go back to work but social security and my Dr won't agree to it, i have worked for over 20 years and i get $50.00 a month on food stamps and it's not enough to feed a family of 3. I'm not a junkie, i don't abuse the system, but there are times i go to one food pantry, and I'm ashamed of it all, but i do it for my kids. I just wish you wouldn't put us all in the category of junkies because that's not who i am. If i could change things i would. I have paid into taxes for 20 year's. So please don't bash us all. Thanks.
James Bond

United States

#45 Feb 21, 2013
Why are people complaining about programs feeding fellow Americans, you would be amazed at how much is sent to other countries every year to feed them.
TBO

Spartanburg, SC

#46 Feb 21, 2013
I got food stamps when I was in Cville. Didn't even really need them. I just used them for munchies. My whole team ate good.
&li st=UUNd5-r1jJyS_OWhFOl5oFXA &index=1
kind

Athens, OH

#47 Feb 21, 2013
circlevillecitizen wrote:
@Uhhh, most of the people on food stamps are on them because they refuse to get a job! A man dont work, he dont eat!
Sometimes we all need help. My husband worked for over 34 years and got workers comp. We got a good amount of food stamps for a while because we have 5 kids. But I felt bad about getting them because the welfare department was mean and nasty and rude to me and my husband. If you have ever rally worked for years they act like they don't want to help you. But they are so nice and helpful to people who have been getting welfare for years and years and generations after generations. As soon as my kids turned 18 yrs. they immediately took them off of the food stamps even though they were still in school. I know younger people who get welfare and ssi and I know they could work in a restaurant and they own a good vehicle. I think all these druggies in pickaway county old and young should be tested and thrown off welfare. A lot of druggies are still selling their food stamps to get drugs and alcohol. They should be arrested. Please don't put everyone down who gets assistance and help because sometimes you can't help if you lose your job or get hurt or sick.You deserve help then. I think every community should have soup kitchens and places for drug and alcohol addicts to get help. I don't think because you are a drug adict that your kide or you should starve. I hate what drug dealers do so I don't care if they starve
kind

Athens, OH

#48 Feb 21, 2013
i agree wrote:
I do agree on the drug testing. I am on disability for my health, i have begged to go back to work but social security and my Dr won't agree to it, i have worked for over 20 years and i get $50.00 a month on food stamps and it's not enough to feed a family of 3. I'm not a junkie, i don't abuse the system, but there are times i go to one food pantry, and I'm ashamed of it all, but i do it for my kids. I just wish you wouldn't put us all in the category of junkies because that's not who i am. If i could change things i would. I have paid into taxes for 20 year's. So please don't bash us all. Thanks.
I don't think you should feel ashamed in the least for getting$50.00 in food stamps or go to the food pantry. You kind buy very much food for fifty bucks , that's not enought to fed 3 kids.
kind

Athens, OH

#49 Feb 21, 2013
i agree wrote:
Sorry about the spelling. i mean can't and feed.
Facts

Circleville, OH

#50 Feb 21, 2013
I do not mind my tax dollars feeding families in need. I do feel if these people can work for their foodstamps they can also work a normal job. Drug testing is a great idea, but I don't feel it will do anything to change the system. What burns my butt is that I feel ANYONE should be able to get help regardless of income. If I make 40,000 per year and something happens that I need help with food or rent for a month I think I should be able to get that help. I do not agree that people who work their asses off never are able to get help. I also think that instead of foodstamps being given that actual food should be delivered to these people, that way you know its going on food for their home, but then they would probably just sell the food.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#52 Feb 21, 2013
If you can't feed em don't bread em !!! Government should do what they used to do.House inspections to make sure you are living the way you should. No computers no cells no big screen tv no PlayStation 3s ect no fancy wardrobes 200.00 boots/shoes ect ..If they say it was a gift fine then the person or persons who gifted such a costly gift shouldn't mind gifting some food,rent,ect..There should be food in the fridge, house should be very clean since they don't work, kids should be clean!! And if they can pay for the pain treatment center then they can buy food
iii

United States

#53 Jun 22, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text> teach your children not to waste! It's not fair working people have to buy for you and your children not once but twice!!!!
just to let u knwo I work my ass off and so did my husband then after years of working he lost his job the place he worked for ran to another country so u tell me if I went to go get food stamps I would say I payed for all of ot with my taxes.I can't beleave how many people that really need them and dont waste so dont u dare judge people that u dont know read the bible alittle bit
Blondie

Howell, MI

#54 Jun 23, 2013
A handful of honest people does not make up for the overwhelming majority of the rude, disgusting, lazy people everyone has to deal with and pay for. Sorry to hear about your situation though, I really am.
Justsayin1026

Norwalk, OH

#55 Jun 23, 2013
Hello there are people in this world who work... Get assistance and still need help... It's just me and my daughter... We continuously run short on food... For the two of us they give us a Lil over 150.00 dollars... My checks barely make the bills... Have you ever went to bed and wondered how you were gonna feed your child... Not everyone is a creep... And I am sick of being grouped with them because I get assistance...
smart-one

Wilmington, OH

#56 Jun 23, 2013
Uhhhh wrote:
Wow u guys r crazy on here. Pantries are there to help people who need food if you get turned down from a pantry you probably make to much money. They only help the poor. Ok drug test people on food stamps then what will u guys complain about? I get food stamps but I'm disabled and food cost way too much these days. Some people do need help not all of the people on food stamps are druggies. Get ur facts straight
I agree with you , these people don't know how hard it can be until they walk in our shoes ' they have decent paying jobs. I've worked in retail since the age of 20 because I to is disabled and that was the only jobs I could actually hold down because of my health issues , I own my own house , well pay a mortgage again plus my other bills. A disability check isnt much if you think about it. I get $ 83/month FS and they still get cut every 6 months or year.So you all just keep talkin your sh**, pretty soon it's gonna come around and bite you in the A**!!!
idc

United States

#57 Jun 23, 2013
How about seeing people on food stamps go to bdubs and eat with their kids, sorry but if they can go spend money at bdubs and eat what else can they afford

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#58 Jun 23, 2013
idc wrote:
How about seeing people on food stamps go to bdubs and eat with their kids, sorry but if they can go spend money at bdubs and eat what else can they afford
Maybe they only go out once a month or every couple of months. No matter what you situation, you need to get out of the house now and then. Before you start bashing me, I'm not on any type of assistance and never have been,but not to say I never will be. Crap happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,511
Shaun Lawson 19 min smh 90
Kyle Hampp made the news 35 min BobJames 2
Truckers gets 90 Days for Manslaughter 43 min gotit 11
whos cheating on there husbands? 45 min everybody knows 14
Keep one, Drop one, Stack three (Jan '14) 2 hr bored 360
add a word drop a word (Oct '13) 2 hr bored 658
Gios 9 hr HatersgonnaHate 36
Richie's New York Corner Deli (Jan '13) 13 hr Petunia 65
what happen at UDF 14 hr Curious Tiger 11
•••
•••
•••