Why is it that people on food stamps ...

Why is it that people on food stamps can get food from the food pantry?

Posted in the Circleville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
circlevillecitiz en

Columbus, OH

#1 Dec 20, 2012
It makes me so mad that people get food stamp benefits and those same people go to the food pantry!
circlevillecitiz en

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 20, 2012
The only people that should go to the pantry are people who are working, not getting food stamp benefits! It makes me sick!!!
likeitis

Grove City, OH

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Most of them who get food stamps are druggies who trade in their food stamp card for their 'fix' therefore they go to the food pantry because their kids are hungry. It makes me sick too. Why the hell doesn't the welfare office make them take a drug test to even get any assitance ? If they fail, then take those innocent kids away from them and QUIT saying anything about their 'rights'. When your a liar, cheat, theif and druggie you should have no rights.They are trying to pass a law that if you get any welfare assistance then you need to pass a drug test I hope it goes thru.I am tired of the way the system is, that why we have all the free loaders and it will contnue till the laws have changed.
NOTALWAYSTRU

Delaware, OH

#4 Dec 20, 2012
most ppl who recieve food stamps and really do use them to feed there children properly will tell u that sometimes its just not enough i have 2 children under the age of 5 and they waste alot sometimes it is possible to just run short so to say that we dont deserve the help too is unfair some parents do the right thing for their children ....
circlevillecitiz en

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 20, 2012
@likeitis, I agree with you! Any person that applies for gov't assist. should have to take a drug test! I also think they should make people on gov't assist work atleast a part-time job! I also think they should limit the amount of children they will provide for! I get so mad when I see a mother with 5 children, using a food stamp card! If a woman cant afford to pay for food, she shouldn't be having more children!
likeitis

Grove City, OH

#6 Dec 20, 2012
I also agree with everything you said . If you can't aford to feed them then don't have a whole slew of them then expect working people to pick up the tap. Welfare is so good to keep letting them abuse the system then why don't they take them in for sterilazation ? When you struggle to feed 1 or 2 kids then you keep having more thats your fault. You people get free food, free housing, free medical so there is NO excuse as to why you need to become pregnant AGAIN. If more of them were to get drug tested and told they had to get out and WORK they would probably shit their pants....
likeitis

Grove City, OH

#7 Dec 20, 2012
circlevillecitizen wrote:
@likeitis, I agree with you! Any person that applies for gov't assist. should have to take a drug test! I also think they should make people on gov't assist work atleast a part-time job! I also think they should limit the amount of children they will provide for! I get so mad when I see a mother with 5 children, using a food stamp card! If a woman cant afford to pay for food, she shouldn't be having more children!
Whats really pathetic is that they have 5 kids with 5 different daddies.....Or they have the mentality that if they have a few more they'll get more welfare.
drug test welfare

United States

#8 Dec 20, 2012
I totally agree with you. I get to see the abuse of the system first hand. As for running short. I can understand maybe at the end of the month, but I have family that lives close to the food pantry. Some of the people I see out shopping at the first of the month, are also seen at the pantry on the 1st. Its sad didn't our taxes give you enough? There is also an out pouring of scum selling their stamps at store parking lots, out for everyone to see. Where is the law when this is going on? They could possibly catch a drug dealer very easy.
circlevillecitiz en

Columbus, OH

#9 Dec 20, 2012
@likeitis, I agree with you 100%!! I would like to know why people feel the gov't should pay for cell phones? A cell phone is a want not a need! If the gov't is giving a single mother 300 dollars a month for food, than she shouldnt be going to the food pantry! If the mother runs out of food than maybe she needs to ration it better! I know of families where both parents work and they struggle but a person who doesnt work gets food stamps and every other benefit! Laziness shouldnt be rewarded!!!
drug test welfare

United States

#10 Dec 20, 2012
People who work and need a little help, get the door shut in their face for making to much. But don't work and you get a life long vacation. My mother was one of those working people when I was a kid. Single parent as well. When she needed help they turned her down. If it wasn't for family we wouldn't have made it probably. She worked all her life, paid taxes for a slap in the face. She ended up telling them to shove it up their a--.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Dec 20, 2012
NOTALWAYSTRU wrote:
most ppl who recieve food stamps and really do use them to feed there children properly will tell u that sometimes its just not enough i have 2 children under the age of 5 and they waste alot sometimes it is possible to just run short so to say that we dont deserve the help too is unfair some parents do the right thing for their children ....
teach your children not to waste! It's not fair working people have to buy for you and your children not once but twice!!!!
circlevillecitiz en

Columbus, OH

#12 Dec 20, 2012
@drug test welfare, I agree with you and its sad how your mother was [email protected], I also agree with you too!
drug test welfare

United States

#13 Dec 20, 2012
circlevillecitizen wrote:
@drug test welfare, I agree with you and its sad how your mother was [email protected], I also agree with you too!
Thank you I'm grown now that was in the 70's. But it was a lesson for me as a child. I have no problem helping people out. With the economy, anything can happen to us hard working people. I was brought up to help people in need. I'm just tired of people who take advantage of the system, so the funds for us working people are gone when we need them.
butch

United States

#14 Dec 20, 2012
I think these young adults who want to make babies when on drugs no job no wed lock should not relay on hard working people to pay for thier baby.i think the gov, should educate them in high school how to have safe sex and birth control and supply them with free of all prevention they need with the understanding if they get pregant its 100% thier cost not the gov or the hard working tax payer. having all these babies is crazy
yep

United States

#15 Dec 20, 2012
NOTALWAYSTRU wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~as always, the people that abuse the system makes it hard on everyone that doesn't. then the ones that try get the bad rap.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Dec 20, 2012
When you see them lined up at the food pantry the first week out of the month, something is not right!!
Uhhhh

Columbus, OH

#17 Dec 20, 2012
Wow u guys r crazy on here. Pantries are there to help people who need food if you get turned down from a pantry you probably make to much money. They only help the poor. Ok drug test people on food stamps then what will u guys complain about? I get food stamps but I'm disabled and food cost way too much these days. Some people do need help not all of the people on food stamps are druggies. Get ur facts straight
oh boy

Delaware, OH

#18 Dec 20, 2012
I agree that not every one that recieves food stamps usses them correctly or honestly but if u just recieve food stamps then more than likely u r employed & how do u teach young children under 5 not to waste that takes time...it is hard survive these days and the addicts make it hard on the ones tryin to do right with there children
wtf

Circleville, OH

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Ur life sounded like mine. Lol. My poor mom worked her ass off with no help. They told her if she quit her job they would help. My mom also told them to kiss her ass. Lol
drug test welfare wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you I'm grown now that was in the 70's. But it was a lesson for me as a child. I have no problem helping people out. With the economy, anything can happen to us hard working people. I was brought up to help people in need. I'm just tired of people who take advantage of the system, so the funds for us working people are gone when we need them.
iPoop

Taylor, MI

#20 Dec 21, 2012
I think once the government has paid for the birth of TWO children, the mother should have to be sterilized to avoid having anymore children on assistance. The welfare population is growing out of control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Circleville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh cross 8 min Em breeders 34
Unbelieveable 26 min Like it is 8
Kaleb Lintz 28 min Anal andy 5
Identify Suspect 31 min Helen Roper 19
Willie peterson in the pcj 1 hr Nuff Said 2
Ohio hights 1 hr UTrashy 10
Bobby griffith 2 hr twos short of a t... 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Circleville Mortgages